deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

I made my account back when I was 15 years old. I am currently trying to remove my presence from the internet so that people can't trace my insane-sounding comments and rants back to me. When you are trying to break into the screenwriting industry, the terrible "Sonic the Hedgehog" outline you posted when you were getting your drivers license could surface and do terrible things to your career.

Gamespot, It was certainly a fun ride, but I have moved on with my life. Truth be told, this is the first forum post I have made to this account in about 4 years (I think?) Thank you for the memories, Gamespot.

Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-58df4522915cb

Bump. Please delete my account. If there was a "delete account" option I would have done it myself a long time ago.

Loading Video...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Hi Neo-Ganon,

We are sorry that there's no "delete account" button for accounts. That's a limitation of the Gamespot website at the moment but we are perfectly capable of banning an account should you decide that you no longer wish to post here. However, as a rule we generally do not delete all of a user's posted content when they leave the forum. As to the reason for your request, the only thing that identifies your account is your username so unless you were planning on using the same username elsewhere in your writing the content you have posted here would have no link to content you post elsewhere. Do you have some other concern regarding your content and people linking it to you?

-Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-58df4522915cb

@Byshop: Well, I have posted pictures of my face on threads (those, "show OT what you look like" threads). Yes I know, bad idea. I was young and foolish at the time. I am combing through my old posts and deleting all the unique identifiers. I also expressed political opinions that I had at that time, which I have since pulled a 180 on.

I have also linked to my DeviantArt profile (which I also deleted), which used the same username I use for all other websites I post on. I just have concerns that someone could link this profile to my more active ones, which could lead back to me. Similar thing happened to JonTron. People found his old Yahoo accounts. I would like that to not happen to me.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Neo-ganon said:

@Byshop: Well, I have posted pictures of my face on threads (those, "show OT what you look like" threads). Yes I know, bad idea. I was young and foolish at the time.I am coming through my old posts and deleting all the unique identifiers. I also expressed political opinions that I had at that time, which I have since pulled a 180 on.

I have also linked to my DeviantArt profile (which I also deleted), which used the same username I use for all other websites I post on. I just have concerns that someone could link this profile to my more active ones, which could lead back to me. Similar thing happened to JonTron. People found his old Yahoo accounts. I would like that to not happen to me.

I've put a note out to the rest of the moderator team and our community manager to see if this is something that we can do. Failing that, there may be some other steps we can take to help remove any personally identifiable information without necessitating the deletion of thousands of forum posts. One thing to note, though, is that even if we removed every post you can ever made that won't remove any instances where other users have posted and quoted you. We cannot edit other user's posts to remove instances where you are quoted, FYI.

I'll let you know what I find out.

-Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58df4522915cb

@Byshop: That is totally understandable. Thank you so much for your help! I greatly appreciate it.