WWE 2k24 release trailer! Out March 8th!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45601 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/wwe-2k24-release-date-announced-cover-star-revealed

Here’s the official blurb on WWE 2K24, per 2K:

• 2K Showcase…of the Immortals: For 40 years, WrestleMania has captivated millions of fans around the globe as WWE Superstars became Legends and spectacular moments - from Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Giant, to “Mr. WrestleMania” Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker putting on a match for the ages, and many more - cemented WWE Hall of Fame legacies. “The Grandest Stage of Them All,” has drawn earth-shaking roars from 100,000+ in attendance, as the biggest icons in WWE made history, and left every drop of blood, sweat and tears in the squared circle. 40 years in the making, the WWE 2K24 Showcase…of the Immortals puts players in control, playing through the most iconic moments in WrestleMania history as 2K’s distinctive Slingshot Tech seamlessly morphs gameplay to live-action footage and back again for the most immersive WrestleMania video game experience to date. A host of unlockable content adds challenge and replay value to this historical experience;
  • Iconic Roster: WWE 2K24 boasts a star-studded roster featuring WWE Legends including “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Undertaker, and Andre the Giant, alongside current WWE Superstars including “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Bianca Belair, John Cena, Rhea Ripley, and Roman Reigns, whose larger-than-life entrances and signature moves are heightened by ultra- realistic graphics.
  • New Match Types and Improvements on Existing Match Types:Players asked, and WWE 2K24 delivers, with four new, chaotic match types: Special Guest Referee, Ambulance Match, Casket Match, and Gauntlet Match. In addition, the Backstage Brawl now features 4-player support and new interactive environmental elements - including a working elevator, breakable control room glass, and a vending machine with throwable sodas - while the Royal Rumble now offers support for eight online players in 30-Superstar online matches. All of the familiar WWE 2K match types, such as WarGames, Extreme Rules, TLC, Submission, Hell in a Cell, and many more also return. More details on each new match type will be shared soon;
  • Gameplay Upgrades: WWE 2K24 features improvements to gameplay throughout, including Super Finishers, the Trading Blows mini-game, top rope dive onto a group of opponents outside the ring, double title matches, new Paybacks and much more. New weapon types, including trash cans, guitars and microphones, plus the ability to throw weapons, allow players to bring the pain. Also, seven real WWE referees are featured to add to the immersive experience;
  • MyGM: The popular WWE brand management simulation continues to expand with new GMs and brands to choose from, more match types, more Dramas, more Championships, talent scouts, Superstar trading between brands, Superstar contract management and the new Superstar Journey, which allows Superstars to earn XP, train and level up to gain new benefits after participating in matches;
  • MyFACTION: The team-building mode in which players collect, manage, and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions returns with a new direct purchase card market and updated multiplayer experience. Players can now compete in ranked online QuickPlay with unique rewards and seasonal leaderboards, challenge themselves with Weekly Towers, and take on a revamped Faction Wars 2.0, featuring more real-world factions, more 4v4 match types, a Faction Wars specific reward shop and more. New themed card packs and goals will continue to roll out regularly throughout the year with seasonal content refreshes;
  • MyRISE: In WWE 2K’s unique career mode experience, two new storylines - Undisputed (men’s) and Unleashed (women’s) - put players in control of custom created Superstars looking to make a name for themselves and cement their legacies in WWE history. Featuring Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Mick Foley and others performing MyRISE voiceover for the first time, alongside other Superstars and Legends, expanded rewards, original MyRISE characters and unlockables carrying-over into other game modes, and new environments, MyRISE is more impactful on the overall WWE 2K experience than ever before;
  • Universe: The ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that puts players in charge of Superstar rosters, feuds, champions, weekly shows, and Premium Live Events now features expanded Rivalry actions, including run-ins, Money in the Bank cash-ins, scenarios and brawls, as well as new cutscenes, Special Guest Referee support, Double Title Matches and a Loser Leaves Town stipulation;
  • Creation Suite: The crown jewel of the WWE 2K franchise, the best-in-class, most detailed and robust creation suite returns with all-new support for Create-A-Referee and Create-A-Sign, as well as new parts and animations to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more.

Oh snaparoni! Who’s ready for a new WWE 2K game? I really enjoyed the last one, will wait for the reviews on this new one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39985 Posts

This looks so bad. Needs to be on gamepass.🙃

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45601 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

These games sell really well, so no GamePass needed lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44723 Posts

Imagine if they made another Rumble Roses with that level of money and talent behind it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39985 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

These games sell really well, so no GamePass needed lol

OOF when the reality hits, it hits hard.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44708 Posts

I love me my wrestling but haven’t played many of the games though. Been getting the itch to pick one up for awhile. This could be that year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56556 Posts

I'm not coming back to WWE. Watching WrestleMania is one thing, but keeping up with WWE isn't something I'm gonna do. As for WWE games, I ain't coming back to those, not unless they'll go back to Raw vs Smackdown, then I'll come back.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59478 Posts

Putting Chris Benoit behind a paywall is bullshit.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2710 Posts

They are clearly using AI for parts of that cinematic. And it’s really rough

Really? Is Austin that expensive where we have to look at this instead?!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6877 Posts

Call me when they make Wrestling games as good as the N64 games, then we can talk.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

Wasn't the last one garbage with tons of microtransactions?

In either case, it's the same game as the previous one just updated, yes? Like most sports games?

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@ghostofgolden:

I was hoping that will be next gen graphics. The game is still a ps4/last gen video game. Hopefully when they do a next gen only version it looks much better.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#13  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1196 Posts

Every year I wish these games had the option to proceed your career no matter if you win a match or lose, like in Smackdown vs Raw. Every year I am disappointed as I have to repeat matches.

I bought WWE 2K23 on sale so I doubt I will pick this up: It is not in my budget.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59478 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

They could have just randomly used stock footage and put a voice over and it would have been better, and cheaper.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Wasn't the last one garbage with tons of microtransactions?

In either case, it's the same game as the previous one just updated, yes? Like most sports games?

No, it was kind of decent with tons of microtransactions, the garbage one was like 3 years ago.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

ehhh.....dunno about that.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4589 Posts

@strategyfn said:

Every year I wish these games had the option to proceed your career no matter if you win a match or lose, like in Smackdown vs Raw. Every year I am disappointed as I have to repeat matches.

I bought WWE 2K23 on sale so I doubt I will pick this up: It is not in my budget.

So much this. I hate that you have to replay until it is the outcome they want. Let it be realistic and allow me to lose a match.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18837 Posts

@last_lap: "Call me when they make Wrestling games as good as the N64 games, then we can talk."

No they need to let me know when they make a game as good as Heres Comes The Pain.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Last_Lap

@PSP107 said:

@last_lap: "Call me when they make Wrestling games as good as the N64 games, then we can talk."

No they need to let me know when they make a game as good as Heres Comes The Pain.

No, no, no. The N64 games crap all over the PS ones.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25175 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghostofgolden said:

They could have just randomly used stock footage and put a voice over and it would have been better, and cheaper.

LOL thats stone cold steve austin? what the hell they done to him!!??

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18837 Posts

@ghosts4ever: "LOL thats stone cold steve austin? what the hell they done to him!!??"

Or he must've done something to them and this is their Revenge.

@last_lap: "No, no, no. The N64 games crap all over the PS ones."

Nope. I can understand if you say it's better. But no way it "craps" over Shut Your Mouth/Here Comes The Pain"

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap

@PSP107 said:

@ghosts4ever: "LOL thats stone cold steve austin? what the hell they done to him!!??"

Or he must've done something to them and this is their Revenge.

@last_lap: "No, no, no. The N64 games crap all over the PS ones."

Nope. I can understand if you say it's better. But no way it "craps" over Shut Your Mouth/Here Comes The Pain"

Yeah craps was not the right word, lets just (as you said) say they're better

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

No way, I enjoyed smackdown on PS1 more than the N64 titles. When smackdown came out there was no more N64 or Nintendo wrestling video games that were worthy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

It's cross gen, is that why the graphics are so unimpressive?

I checked out this thread, thinking the wrestler models would be incredible.

They need to stop bringing these games out every year, maybe they'll actually improve them then.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7305 Posts

Wcw/nwo revenge was the best I've played then here comes the pain got released.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

It looks a bit... you know... stupid.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts