angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Something is terribly wrong with GameSpot. Yesterday I updated my Google Chrome, and when I try to visit the forums, the ad-blockers have now made all the text invisible along with my avatar, and they have made me unable to access the links in the forums. I have to disable the ad-blockers so that I can see the text and access the links, but the ads are annoying! Somebody should do something about the "ad-blockers break GameSpot" issue.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10503 Posts
@angeldeb82 said:

Something is terribly wrong with GameSpot. Yesterday I updated my Google Chrome, and when I try to visit the forums, the ad-blockers have now made all the text invisible along with my avatar, and they have made me unable to access the links in the forums. I have to disable the ad-blockers so that I can see the text and access the links, but the ads are annoying! Somebody should do something about the "ad-blockers break GameSpot" issue.

i've disabled adblock and still getting no forum topic titles, avatars or other things in chrome.

i've delved into the code and it looks like they've made some CSS changes that are hiding things e.g. a blanket style rule to set all "a" tags (links) and img tags (images) to display: none. looks like they've once again abandoned using HTML tables for the forums and gone back to flexbox with similarly comical / disastrous results.

here's a screenshot you won't be able to see because all images are set to display: none lol.

honestly, words fail me

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@angeldeb82 said:

i've disabled adblock and still getting no forum topic titles, avatars or other things in chrome.

i've delved into the code and it looks like they've made some CSS changes that are hiding things e.g. a blanket style rule to set all "a" tags (links) and img tags (images) to display: none. looks like they've once again abandoned using HTML tables for the forums and gone back to flexbox with similarly comical / disastrous results.

here's a screenshot you won't be able to see because all images are set to display: none lol.

honestly, words fail me

Well, I can see this image just fine because I've disabled the adblockers, including Privacy Badger.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Macutchi

@angeldeb82: there must only be the two of us who are experiencing this :/ i have to use the site in incognito mode to view it now

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

Firefox all the way.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Macutchi
@SOedipus said:

Firefox all the way.

it's the only browser working for me now.

i can see threads again in chrome but can't post anything, even in icognito. i get this hard to read "not-a-post" message every time :/

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13  Online
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I've been having the same issue with the invisible thread titles for a few days now. I don't want to log in from incognito mode or Firefox. I want Gamespot to fix their damn site.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13  Online
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

It's finally fixed for me.