AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 09/06/2023 – What I thought of the Summer Games Fest 2023 Video

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

This will be a small quick blog about what I watched yesterday because I am taking the time to chill after moving from my old house to my new house and doing the unpacking. Everything is going great in my new house and I am making a lot of progress with my new bedroom and making it tidy and to my liking.

Anyway, I watched the Summer Games Fest 2023 showcase video showcasing all of the newest game announcements including some interviews from some of the devs. Throughout the two-hour showcase where plenty of good game announcements. My favorites where a closer first look at gameplay of Mortal Kombat 1 where Ed Boon came on stage to talk about the storyline and also the new Kameo system where not only it summons a character to assist you but it also shows the classic look of the old Mortal Kombat characters.

I also liked the new Prince of Persia game announcement with Prince of Persia The Lost Crown which the new gameplay shows off the combat and platform mechanics.

Lies of P looked pretty cool with it showcasing some rather fun combat. They did throw the release of the demo for people to try out.

Bandai Namco's new game project featuring the artworks of Akira Toriyama is given the title Sand Land and it looked pretty good too.

Sam Lake came into the show to talk more about the story of the upcoming Alan Wake II and we got to see a preview of gameplay from it which did look really good.

Like a Dragon Gaiden The Man who erased his name looks to be an interesting spinoff of the Like a Dragon series of games and it did show off some over the top combat.

Darren Barnet came onto the stage to talk more about Immortals of Aveum which is coming out on 20th July 2023.

Fortnite is getting into yet another season with Fortinte Wilds which will be the game's Chapter 4 Season 3. I recently played a bit of Fortnite because I purchased the Save The World CO-OP Campaign and I heard that the game is going to have a First-Person view option and I am looking forward to seeing that complete and fully functional. With the Fortnite Wilds update it looks like they are doing a collab with Transformers.

Lastly, I did like some of the reveals in the Day of the Devs Showcase but out of these I liked the deep look into Eternights that is coming out September 2023 showcasing the battle system and also the dating sim aspect.

The showcase was good but however as much I am pleased to hear about a Twisted Metal TV Series, I wished there was a new Twisted Metal game announcement. While I am pleased that no Final Fantasy XVI announcement trailers were shown and thank goodness for that because the announcement for that underwhelming game, we did announcements of Ever Crisis Final Fantasy VII and also gameplay reveal of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. They are both rather disappointing reveals, Ever Crisis Final Fantasy VII will have all of the Final Fantasy VII storyline put into the game but it is going to have pay to win microtransactions which is going to hurt this game a lot. Seeing that it is a live service game I'm willing to bet that it will last only a few months before Square Enix pulls the plug on the servers just like how Final Fantasy VII The First Solider suffered. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is going to continue the storyline of where Final Fantasy VII Remake left off and after seeing how terrible the new story aspects of Final Fantasy VII Remake, I'm expecting the storyline to really go into fanfiction territory at this point and become more convoluted and stupid like how many previous Final Fantasy games have been.

So, in conclusion it was a decent showcase of game announcements from both big AAA developers and also new games from indie devs. It went on for a long time but still the announcements were decent and I enjoyed the showcase.

Now I won't be writing up about any of the other showcases because I'm taking the days to get comfortable with my new house and relaxing till next week when I'll get back to the routine of writing new game reviews that I have planned. So you can look forward to more reviews coming soon on this channel.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)