AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 11/06/2023 – Xbox Games Showcase 2023 & Starfield Direct Reveal

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, I watched the Xbox Games Showcase 2023 video to see what new game announcements that were coming to Xbox Series X/S and I found the showcase to be rather underwhelming. Don't get me wrong the Xbox had some pretty solid showcases the past few years but however this year the showcase for this year was for me rather disappointing.

Let's talk about the goods in the showcase, the best announcements to come from the showcase where the games from Atlus. Atlus first revealed a remake of Persona 3 called Persona 3 Reload and it is a game running on the Unreal Engine. While the battle system looked cool and it would seem that it will remain as close to the original game but giving it a modern twist. I wonder why Atlus chose to remake this when they could have remade either Persona 1 or 2 instead. They also announced Persona 5 Tactica which will be a tactical strategy game in the Persona 5 universe and the reveal for was rather promising. Persona 5 has a really good number of games and the new one might be pretty good as well. The last of the Atlus games shown on the showcase was a new Fantasy driven J-RPG called Metaphor Re Fantazio and seriously the reveal for it looked incredible.

Outside of that PayDay 3's reveal looked cool, there's new content coming to Cyberpunk 2077 with Phantom Liberty and Clockwork Revolution looked pretty good as well.

Everything else about the reveals in the showcase were just a letdown. The new Fable game reveal was poor, South of Midnight reveal was pretty bad, The new Microsoft Flight Simulator reveal was kind of lame, the new trailer for Hellblade II was seriously awful with nothing signifiant to show, the new Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth trailer reveal was lousy, the new content for Fallout 76 isn't all that good, the new CO-OP event and new content for Overwatch 2 doesn't look all that impressive and isn't really going to help Overwatch 2 in any favour now giving the state of the game as of now, and lastly Still Wakes the Deep has nothing shown and I can't tell what it is supposed to be so it has a pretty bad reveal.

After the Xbox Showcase, they went in deep into the gameplay with the upcoming Starfield game with Starfield direct. The dev team at Bethesda went in depth about what the game's storyline and characters will be like and how deep the character customization is going to be from appearance to play style. I'm sure Starfield is going to be decent but however given the history of Todd Howard and let's not forget what happened with Fallout 76 things are getting more and more sceptical about Bethesda's new game.

I'm also disappointed that no new reveals about the new Perfect Dark game or any word about Wolfenstein 3 or anything on Elder Scrolls VI. Instead, plenty of lame announcements for games that didn't have much to them.

So, it was a rather disappointing showcase and after how good the previous showcases were for Xbox this is a letdown. The best to come from this were the games from Atlus, Atlus alone was the only thing that was worth watching the showcase for. Everything just didn't turn out good for Microsoft and gave us quite a boring showcase and what a shame it was.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)