AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Next, I checked out the Tribeca Games Spotlight video to see what announcements other indie devs have come up with. Some of the announcements were okay if at all nothing too special.

The best of the bunch showcased in the video was a game called A Highland Song which looks to be a 2D platforming adventure game and it looked pretty nice. Another highlight was that there was a new Telltale game announced with a game based on The Expense which for those who enjoyed all of Telltale's games so far will hopefully enjoy the narrative and story changing decisions that affect how the storyline plays out.

The other announcements were okay, Goodbye Volcano High a game that was previously announced at one of the showcases a year or so ago I think is given more talk about and some of the storyline reveal was pretty good. Chants of Sennaar looks absolutely beautiful in its graphics and artstyle, it looks to be an adventure game with puzzle elements based on the myth of Babel and what was shown looked kind of promising. Nightscape on the other hand didn't look too great, the graphics may have looked nice but the gameplay didn't look all that special. Stray Gods is a musical Role-Playing Game where you are able to pick different traits and be able to pick different narrative paths to see how the storyline plays out but it also affects how the main character sings and the style of music comes out. Despelote a game that was previously announced in Day of the Devs a year or so ago has you play as a kid who enjoys soccer, while the storyline and narritive shown for the game was okay they still haven't given out a release date for it yet.

So, it was a short and decent showcase of indie games and I did like some of the announcements alongside some of the talk from the dev teams who are working on the new games announced.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)