AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

I then move next to the Future Games Showcase for the 2023 Summer Gaming Fest with that showcase having two hours' worth of game announcements. It was an okay showcase of new announcements hosted by voice actors Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey. Without going into detail on each announcement I will talk about the announcements I like the most, the disliked the most just to make things easier for myself.

So, let's start off with the goods, the first announcement I liked was Head Bangers Rhythm Royale which is going to be a musical rhythm Battle Royale type game, the trailer for it looked very funny.

The second announcement I liked was En Garde a swashbuckling action game where you play as a woman who goes around fighting enemies with combat that looks great and it is comical at times where you blind enemies by tossing a barrel on their heads.

The third game announcement I liked was during the VR games announcements they showed off a trailer for a new Wallace & Gromit game in VR for Meta Quest in Wallace & Gromit The Grand Getaway which looked sweet. I remember watching Wallace & Gromit plenty of times a child and while they have been Wallace & Gromit games in the past it is nice to see one in VR.

The fourth game announcement I enjoyed was one for Enchanted Portals which is a game inspired by Cuphead where it is a 2D platformer with artstyle is like those old cartoons and the gameplay shown was amazing.

The fifth and last game announcement I liked was one for The Spirit of the Samurai which is a 2D hack & slash game where you play as a samurai who has to go between the human world and the spirit world fighting enemies with a samurai sword and also other weapons like bows. Looks really fun.

So those were my favourite announcements in the Future Games Showcase 2023. It was a really good showcase with the exception that there were plenty of survival focused games similar to other survival games we had in the past, especially craft focused games that are similar to Minecraft. Also, many of the game announcements had no release dates on them as well but at least you can wish list them to keep tabs on them. So good showcase of games announced their Future Games.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)