AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

I watched the Future of Play Direct 2023 showcase video to see what other new games are coming soon from indie devs. Most of the games announced in the Future of Play Direct were coming only to steam and had no final release dates on them.

Still the direct showcase of game announcements including some that I did like, the first I liked was the announcement of Atomic Picnic which is an Anime looking Third Person Shooter that showed off some great gameplay with shooting and also grappling. The second announcement I liked was one for Demon Spore which is an Top-Down Twin Stick Shooter like Smash TV where you shoot aliens coming at you. The third announcement that I really liked was In Stars and Time which it looked like Earthbound and I really do like the look of it, it is coming out on PS4 & PS5 as well as the Nintendo Switch. The fourth and final game announcement I liked was one for Slopecrashers where it features little furry animals riding down slopes on snowboards as well as also gliding.

Some of the other announcements were alright but the game announcements I didn't like was Love Shore which didn't really have much shown in the trailer and felt underwhelming, it showed a little game console called the PlayDate but however the system didn't look great and the games shown looked poor. Another game announcement Wildmender looked cool but however the sound got cut off. The showcase did have a fair number of Minecraft like games and they weren't too great.

Overall, it was a really good short showcase of indie games that were announced in the Future of Play Direct 2023.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)