AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

I have recently been wanting to get my hands on a Gameboy Advance game console to play all available Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. However, I decided to go with the original Gameboy Advance model because I don't like how small the GBA SP is and how cramped my hands get from using it.

So, I went with the original Gameboy Advance model for playing old Gameboy games. However, I am fully aware that the original Gameboy Advance model doesn't have any form of Backlight which was one of the criticisms of the original GBA model and something the GBA SP, Gameboy Micro and the Nintendo DS models would have. I just wanted the original model of the GBA to be able to play games on it comfortably without suffering cramps and this console does a fantastic job of being usable without giving me hand cramps which is a good thing.

I have begun my mission to get accessories for my Gameboy Advance console and it is going fine but however finding the correct accessories I want is not going to be easy. At the moment I have picked rechargeable AA & AAA Batteries alongside a new Battery Charger so I am good to go on Batteries that I can recharge them easily whenever needed.

I did pick up a Light Magnifier which will allow you to light up and see the game easier but only a few times have I used it and somehow the pieces that hold the magnifier in place managed to snap off, while I can still use the buttons it has the thing now slips off and it is difficult to now keep it still in place. I may either throw the old one in the bin and buy a new one or maybe if I had help apply the Backlight Screen mod to the device to make it brighter. I have seen videos of it being done to the old original GBA models and I should be able to do it with help if I can do it.

Now the real Gameboy Advance Accessory I want to get my hands on is a Handgrip so I can hold the Gameboy Advance more comfortably like what I got for my Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo DS Lite. I have seen online the one I want which is the Joytech Battery Grip and I like how simple the GBA device connects to it so I really would like to pick that up if I happen to see it. However, I can only find many of the Battery Grips on Ebay instead of Amazon which is disappointing. I also checked in second hand Retro Shops, mainly SuperTomato, to see if they had any GBA accessories for the original but they currently don't have any at the moment. I do want to check around all over each Retro Game Store in Cardiff to see if they have any Battery Hand Grips for the GBA in stock.

After that I'll get my hands on a carry case or Gameboy size bag to keep the device safe, Link Cable maybe or any other accessory to pimp up the GBA console in any way possible.

So, I am pleased that I have the GBA console and I am happy that it works fine without any issues. Will look forward to buying games for it including the old original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. Will also look forward to replaying Tales of Phantasia on GBA (Yet again) and going for the 100% run.