AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, the next conference I watched was the PC Gaming Show which had over 2 hours and a half worth of game announcements which were incredibly long and I was really getting bored sitting through a couple of announcements. Still there were good game announcements in there even if the vast majority of them didn't have release dates and were spreading to also come on selected consoles.

Rather than talk about every announcement because it would take too long, I'll only talk about the announcements I liked the most and give a few words about them.

The first game announcement I liked was one for Kill It with Fire 2, yep, the spider squashing simulator is back for a sequel with more spiders and it will not only have more spiders to squash but also some really big spiders and also many new tools that you can use at your disposal to keep squashing them.

The second game announcement I really liked was a Metroidvania type game called Ebenezer and the Invisible World which is a take on a Charles Dickens A Christmas Story novel where Ebenezer Scrooge has to enlist help from ghosts and use them to fight off against monsters and save the people of London. The gameplay shown for it looks amazing and the graphical artstyle is outstanding.

The third game announcement I enjoyed was a game called Sulfur which is a First Person Shooter that combines Role Playing elements where you can choose what play style with what weapons you want and upgrades you are going far when going against enemies. It helps to give out deep customization options for choosing how you play the game and everything shown for it so far was great.

The fourth game announcement I thought was great was a 2 vs 2 fighting game called Diesel Legacy The Brazen Age. It is a fighting game where characters fight off in 2 vs 2 matches and fights can also play out in multiple planes similar to SNK's Fatal Fury series where fights take place on two separate planes. At the moment only four characters have been confirmed with more characters coming soon.

The last game announcement I liked was one for Fortune's Run which is like one of those First-Person Shooter classic throwback games with the 2D art sprites alongside over the top carnage and blood and body parts being splattered all over the place. You do get to use a Samurai Sword and tear enemies apart much like the overlooked and forgotten FPS classic from 1997 Shadow Warrior.

So, it wasn't a bad showcase of games but however there weren't enough PC exclusives as many of the games were confirmed to be coming consoles as well. Also the showcase went on for far longer than it should have and there were plenty of games with no release dates.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)