AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Nintendo releases their next Nintendo Direct Showcase and it wasn't great, there were some announcements while others weren't didn't really stand out and also were previously announced games with more details about them.

The stand out announcement I liked was the Tomb Raider I, II & III Remastered which are Remasters of the first three Tomb Raider games that came out originally on the PSOne. It will have the option of having the old graphics and the reworked graphics so players will still be able to see Lara Croft in all her pixilated glory.

Another stand out I liked was a Spy X Family game starring a popular loli character Anya in Spy Anya: Operation Memories. As little Anya you are assigned to make a photographic diary where you get to spend week days in school with classmates during the day and with the family in the evening. On days off you get to go to different places where you get to have fun there or to get photographs for the diary. It's nice to see a Spy X Family game let alone one where it is played by young adorable Anya in which her popularity came by from some of the memes that were birthed from her such is her smile she gave on her first day of school.

The last standout in the Nintendo Direct was a remake of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door which originally came out on the Nintendo Gamecube back in 2004.

Some of the other announcements were okay though like the new Princess Peach game they previously announced and they talked about the gameplay on it. I also like the additional information given to the upcoming remake of Super Mario RPG. Then there were a few games that didn't really stick out and I didn't find any of them interesting.

The worst of all the game announcements is a new F-Zero game which is going to be a 99 player battle royale game using the presentation of the SNES F-Zero to help sell it. Come on Nintendo, F-Zero hasn't had a new game since F-Zero GX on the Nintendo Gamecube and you bring out this? It's a very disappointing announcement and really is because F-Zero a great high speed racer needs an all new game that lives to what the devs did well with F-Zero X on the N64 and F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. I'm sure only few will care to try it out because it is going to be a free to play but I'm sure also other people would just want a new big mainline F-Zero game instead.

I'm also disappointed that no new classic games for either NES, SNES, Gameboy or Nintendo 64 were announced for the Nintendo Switch's Online Service which is a missed opportunity what more surprise licensed announced games could come.

So it wasn't a great Nintendo Direct and I would have expected better compared to last time's direct. They could shown some other big game releases that were planning to come to the Switch but they didn't do it.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)