AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 21/06/2023 – Nintendo Direct June 2023 Thoughts & Impression

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Nintendo releases their next Nintendo Direct Showcase for new games that are both coming exclusive to the Nintendo Switch as well as games that may appear on other platforms. While Nintendo never made any announcements of any NES, SNES, Gameboy or Nintendo 64 titles that could join the Nintendo Switch's Online Service still Nintendo had at least pulled off a good showcase of new announcements. I won't talk about any games that were already announced on a previous Summer Games Fest showcase videos.

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet has announced new DLC content coming out, there is The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero which is out now alongside the The Teal Mask which is coming out Autumn 2023 and The Indigo Mask which is coming out Winter 2023. These will include new events, new areas to explore, new outfits to wear and also new Pokemon Trainers to battle against. I hope at this stage Pokemon Scarlet & Violet is fixed up and is in a more playable state then it was at launch.

MythForce is a First-Person fantasy game inspired by Saturday Morning Cartoons that kids watched. Gameplay looked pretty good with multiple different classes to pick and the graphics looked incredible.

A new Detective Pikachu game has been announced for the Nintendo Switch with Detective Pikachu Returns. The trailer shown for it was pretty good.

The Super NES RPG classic Super Mario RPG a game that didn't originally was released in Japan and the US but not for players like myself in the UK is getting a full remake. Now you will be able to experience the first RPG in the Mario series in HD with new graphics from a time when Square had a massive impact on the gaming world. The battle system has you press the buttons at the right to deal extra damage to enemies and reduce the damage you take from enemies.

They talked about a new Princess Peach game coming soon and also Luigi's Mansion 2 a game that was released on the Nintendo 3DS is coming to Nintendo Switch.

The three Batman Arkham games, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City & Batman Arkham Knight are coming to Nintendo Switch so Nintendo players can finally dive into some of the best Batman games of all time.

Gloomhaven is a card-based dungeon crawler game that has you building a deck and using the best cards you have to fight off against enemies.

Slient Hope is an Action RPG where you explore dungeons deep inside the abyss, fight enemies with a variety of weapons. You are able to upgrade weapons so that you can fight tougher enemies as you explore the deeper parts of the abyss.

Dragon Quest Monsters is getting a new game with Dragon Quest Monsters The Dark Prince. In it you recruit monsters from the Dragon Quest series and you can use them in battle. Looks really fun.

Nintendo finally showed off gameplay for the upcoming Pikmin 4. You use the Pikmin to solve puzzles and there are some new features such as a day and night cycle where wildlife will grow dangerous at night and there are Glow Pikmin that you use to hold them back. There are also Dandori Battles where you have to get as many objects as you can to save the castaway. Plus, also Pikmin 1 & 2 which were Nintendo Gamecube games are coming to Nintendo Switch as well.

The Metal Gear Solid franchise is coming to the Nintendo Switch which will allow Nintendo Players to experience the three old Metal Gear Solid games alongside the MSX Metal Gear 1 & 2 games. Also included are the NES Metal Gear games Metal Gear and also Snake's Revenge which were very different from their MSX counterpart alongside the Metal Gear Graphic Novel. It will also include the digital soundtrack, guides for each game and you can look at information for each of the games as well including characters and story background.

Penny's Big Breakaway is a platform made by the developers of Sonic Mania where you use a powerful Yo-Yo to get around areas and also to avoid and fight enemies with acrobatic moves.

Easily the highlight of the showcase for me alongside Super Mario RPG is Star Ocean The Second Story R which is a 2.5 HD Remake of the second Star Ocean Game. It includes graphics that are done in the Octopath Traveller style with new artwork which looks incredibly sick, updated battle mechanics such as being able to easily stun enemies with chains of attacks and being able to call in allies not in the party to do a follow up attack much similar to calling allies to chain attacks together in Tales of Arise. Seriously it is really good and Tri-Ace seems to be taking notes from what Bandai Namco did to move the Tales of Series forward so good stuff Tri-Ace. Now if only I could see Tales of Phantasia done in the 2.5 HD Octopath Traveller graphics style next.

Warioware Move It! Is a return of insanely wacky and fast micro minigames but you control each simple micro minigame by using the Joy-Cons to perform simple actions as quick as you can.

The last game announced was a new 2D Super Mario Bros game called Super Mario Bros Wonder. In this there is a power up called the Wonder Flower which greatly alters the levels as well as yourself in some different ways and it Wonder altered levels look absolutely insane.

So that was in terms of the game announcements that I want to talk about in this Nintendo Direct Showcase. There were a ton of great game announcements and there were a couple that I liked including the Super Mario RPG and Star Ocean The Second Story Remakes but I wish that Nintendo could have announced more classic games for the Nintendo Switch's Online Service. I also found the updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to be very lackluster and not really all that worthwhile. Still Nintendo had a really good conference showcase of game announcements and many of the games showcased were fantastic.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)