AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 24/06/2023 – Sonic Central 2023 Showcase Impression & Thoughts

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, Sonic got to have another showcase with Sonic Central which celebrates Sonic's 32nd Anniversary, they gave out new upcoming projects, partnerships and events to celebrate this event but I am here to talk about the games that are coming within the Sonic franchise.

Sonic Origins Plus plans to add more Sonic titles to the collection with inclusion of the Sonic games that were released on Game Gear, these include 12 Game Gear titles from the ports of Sonic 1 & 2 alongside Tails Adventure. The Plus release will also include new modes and challenges and Amy Rose can up to a super powered form which looks cool.

Sonic Frontiers has announced new content for free in celebration of the anniversary, these include a New Game +, new challenges, new moves and new collectable koco as well.

Sonic Speed Simulator, a Sonic game made on Roblox, is getting a new update with Classic Sonic having a tuxedo which does look cool.

Sonic has some updates for their mobile games, Sonic Dash will have new character skins based on the upcoming new season of Sonic Prime which is a Netflix Series. Super Sliver is also coming to Sonic Dash alongside Dragon Hunter Lancelot and Classic Super Sonic.

Samba De Amigo will have an update which will include songs from the Sonic Franchise including City Escape from Sonic Adventure. Samba De Amigo is also coming to Meta Quest and is available to pre-order.

Lastly to end this off they showed off the previously announced Sonic Superstars which will be a 4 player CO-OP platform game. It will have Fang who was one of the characters from the Sonic comics. The gameplay will have the classic gameplay but set with a 3D look to it. They also announced a Lego Sonic Collaboration which doesn't look bad.

So, it was a short and somewhat decent showcase of Sonic the Hedgehog related content. It wasn't bad but I think they could have shown an all-new Sonic game exclusive to the showcase. The showcase also had a bunch of merchandise stuff and other promotional material like Sonic Symphony which after how disastrous Sonic Symphony was its not something to look forward to. Otherwise, it wasn't bad I guess and it was a showcase showing off new Sonic content which I shouldn't expect too much out of.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)