AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, I watched the Game of the Year Awards 2023 video all the way through and the competition between the six best games of 2023 was intense. It was all between Baldur's Gate III, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Super Mario Wonder, Marvel's Spider Man II, Alan Wake II & The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Only one of these selected champions walked away with the ultimate game of the year award and that award went to Baldur's Gate III.

On the game announcement side of the Game Awards 2023 show the game announcements were very meh at best, no new real game announcements caught my attention all that much but a couple of games announcements were just previously announced titles with new trailers for them.

The only game announcements I liked were one of God of War Ragnarok where the trailer highlighted a new Valhalla game mode which will be Rougelike. The other game announcement I liked was SEGA announcing new games in development from their other franchises. These included a new Jet Set Radio game, a new Shinobi game, a new Golden Axe game, a new Streets of Rage game and finally a new Crazy Taxi game. It's nice to finally see SEGA try and return to some of their old franchises but let's hope they do better jobs re-bringing those to a new audience unlike what happened with Panzer Dragoon and The House of the Dead Remakes.

The last game announcement I liked was the announcement of Arknights Endfield from Hypergryth which reminds me of Genshin Impact but it will have strategic elements to it. The presentation on that looked great and showed off some incredible combat.

All of the other game announcements were either not interesting or just didn't really show any actual gameplay which made a lot of them so underwhelming.

I did also like that Vtuber Ironmouse also got an award for Best Content Creator for 2023 as well. Congratulations Ironmouse.

So, the 2023 Game Awards show was pretty underwhelming for game announcements but did well on announcing who would be the Game of the Year for 2023.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)