Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 released same week?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Hi all-

Was just reading the "here's what's coming out in 2016" post on Gamespot and could not help but see that both Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 are coming out in the same week! That seems a bit crazy considering they are both multiplayer-centric shooters, both come from the same publisher (Electronic Arts), and both rely heavily on vehicles of some sort.

Just seems like the player base might get diluted across the two games, leading to less-than-ideal communities.

Anyone else concerned, or is my worry unfounded? What are your opinions?

gooch4011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gooch4011
Member since 2016 • 139 Posts

If that is the case I see Titanfall 2 sales hurting for a bit.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Hi all-

Was just reading the "here's what's coming out in 2016" post on Gamespot and could not help but see that both Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 are coming out in the same week! That seems a bit crazy considering they are both multiplayer-centric shooters, both come from the same publisher (Electronic Arts), and both rely heavily on vehicles of some sort.

Just seems like the player base might get diluted across the two games, leading to less-than-ideal communities.

Anyone else concerned, or is my worry unfounded? What are your opinions?

Who cares about Titanfall 2?

After the disaster that was Titanfall 1 , i am more surprised that the game actually got a sequel.

But my guess is that Titanfall will have a much smaller launch then it could have had, if it didn't go up against BF one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Well actually Battlefield 1 launches Oct. 18th and Titanfall launches on Oct. 28th but yeah they are pretty close together. Hopefully they don't affect each other too much. While they are kind of different games big releases always impact each other somewhat when they are close together like that. I'm definitely getting Titanfall 2 as I loved the first one and this one looks to be even better. While I am interested in Battlefield 1 I'm more of a Call of Duty player so I might not be able to find time for Battlefield 1 also but we'll see.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@Jacanuk: it's funny because I used to disike Titanfall as well, and I quit playing the game before really getting into it. When Titanfall 2 was announced a few months ago (more specifically, when that ten-second teaser came out) I was like "meh, maybe I'll give it another go" and it is actually a really fun game. The controls are responsive, the weapons cool, and Titans are pretty good. I must admit the on-foot combat is much more gratifying than the Titan combat, but that's just my two cents.

I am a little excited for Titanfall 2, but I am looking forward to BF1 a lot more. Eventually I might get both, but we shall see.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25

@Archangel3371: Yeah Titanfall isn't a CoD clone, but it is definitely EA's answer to COD imo. Outside of the Titans, the gameplay feels very similiar, and the approach they take to unlocks and "cards" (or whatever they called them) is very reminiscent of something CoD would do.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Jacanuk: it's funny because I used to disike Titanfall as well, and I quit playing the game before really getting into it. When Titanfall 2 was announced a few months ago (more specifically, when that ten-second teaser came out) I was like "meh, maybe I'll give it another go" and it is actually a really fun game. The controls are responsive, the weapons cool, and Titans are pretty good. I must admit the on-foot combat is much more gratifying than the Titan combat, but that's just my two cents.

I am a little excited for Titanfall 2, but I am looking forward to BF1 a lot more. Eventually I might get both, but we shall see.

I was "coaxed" into getting the first titanfall on release and i outside steam that was the worst game i ever bought. Gameplay was not fun at all and most times it seemed to count way too much on luck of the titans then actually skill

So where BF one looks decent enough, i will get that and not Titanfall 2 , which i think a lot of people will do.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Oh yeah, I didn't mean to infer that Titanfall was a CoD clone when I said that I was more a CoD person. What I meant by that was that I plan on picking up Infinite Warfare instead of Battlefield 1 and that with that and Titanfall 2 I probably wouldn't have time to include Battlefield 1 in that mix.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Take these online multiplayer games in moderation, because you can get caught up in them and forget about everything else.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

@Zen_Light said:

Take these online multiplayer games in moderation, because you can get caught up in them and forget about everything else.

I like them for the opposite reason; I feel like I maximize my fun-per-hour ratio with multiplayer FPSs. I can hop in and have fun in 20 minutes, or on my day off I can spend two hours trying to get that super rare unlock or achievement.

With other, "grander" games you might need to invest a lot more time (like with MMOs) or if you spend 30 minutes in another game, you might only accomplish one thing.

And since maps remain constant, but opponents and scenarios unfold differently each time, the experience remains fresh.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Gears, BF1, TF2 and COD IW, it's going to be a busy autumn & winter for me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25

@raugutcon: Yeah I hear that lol

And that's just the shooters!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Ill be getting both but will play Battlefield 1 way more. I logged 200 hours in battlefield 4 and only 20 in titanfall

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

The Last Guardian - October 25, 2016. Waiting a long time for this one. :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@raugutcon said:

Gears, BF1, TF2 and COD IW, it's going to be a busy autumn & winter for me.

Not forgetting Mafia 3, Dishonored 2, CIv VI, The Last Guardian, planet coaster and many many more.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I don't get it either but there is for sure a good reason.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

@marcheegsr said:

Ill be getting both but will play Battlefield 1 way more. I logged 200 hours in battlefield 4 and only 20 in titanfall

same

I'm not sure though this time. If BF1 stays true to it's roots, then great; but I worry they will phone it in like they did with the depressingly bland Battlefront reboot. If the latter, I might find myself favoring Titanfall 2