Cyberpunk finally on sale for -33% on GOG. Should I pull the trigger?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

Is it worth 40 bucks? I really wanted this game until all the problems were revealed. Told myself to get it on sale. Yet, I feel hesitant. It would be a shame if Cyberpunk still sucks. What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

In my opinion it is I'm on a 970 GTX which is old AF but was still able to enjoy it. I didn't run into many issues I guess I got lucky.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

Cyberpunk is a really fun game, I recommend it to anyone that enjoys action-RPG's.

I've played it through about three times already, it offers tons of unique experiences even after that.

Yeah the bugs were common (and at times hilarious), but I never experienced anything game-breaking. The patches have seemed to fix a lot of things though and what we have now is a damn fine game.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEVILinIRON

Got it. Thanks ya'll.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Wait for the finished product. (it won't be GOTY edition but will be some sort of edition)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Have said my fill regarding the game, no point beating a dead horse, if people want to play Cyber Punk that is up to them not me. If majority bugs are ironed out worse games probably exist, but better games in turn do also.

Personally feel no obligation to ever try CP2077 again unless it got completely overhauled. Which it won't.

Wait for the finished product. (it won't be GOTY edition but will be some sort of edition)

CDPR will call it "game of the year" anyway, have stored quotes and scores from various outlets to continue the false praise.

The game got plenty of perfect scores despite being an extremely flawed product, goes to show shills can easily be bought, or swayed with free merchandise.

The way this game was marketed and falsely praised was easily gaming at its worst. Cyber Punk 2077 was the Anthem of 2020 for sure.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Are you ok with it being a looter game and the whole choice&consequence angle only existing on paper? If yes then you might have some fun with it.

tonicpalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tonicpalin
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts

ask yourself not me. personally my PC is too potahtoe to play it and i am currently boycotting GOG for disrespecting taiwanese game devs. (i would boycott STEAM for the same reason, but i don't use STEEEEAM.)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Go for it. Enjoys.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DEVILinIRON

@tonicpalin said:

ask yourself not me.

I wasn't asking you. I was asking everyone but you. Sorry, I should have been more specific. :)

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

I probably wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it if I knew how terrible the gameplay was.

The open world is a notch above No More Hero's in terms of it's jankyness.

GTA 3 was less janky and by far superior in terms of world AI.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DEVILinIRON

TBH I played it for a little bit and wasn't impressed. But I'm going to at least give it another shot.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

Okay, here's my advice, only buy CP2077 "if" you like sci-fi itself that is like The Fifth Element, Blade Runner, Tron, ect that fits the theme for CP2077. I bought CP2077 on launch from GoG, the game met my expectations and I for one enjoy it because I love Anime, Sci-Fi, and I gotta admit, the game was fun for me but not without its flaws. Don't play CP2077 on consoles cause its a hot mess, the PC version wasn't and it made the game playable in most cases so as I said, I enjoy it. If you don't like FPS genre and don't like Sci-Fi itself, do not buy this game, not even $40.

@DEVILinIRON said:

TBH I played it for a little bit and wasn't impressed. But I'm going to at least give it another shot.

Since you got it from GoG, just remember they do refunds if you don't like the game. Give it a shot for about 4 hours at least and if it still doesn't click into you, ask for a refund.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DEVILinIRON

@davillain-: Thank you.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

A turd is a turd no matter how many times the price is cut.

What pisses me off about this story, is people misunderstanding the debacle was due to 'minor' bugs and AI hiccups. But that would ve been fixable. Not so much the non existing game that was advertised by CDPR and the last minute star-power marketing gimmick (aka Keanu Reeves). Soo breathtaking... yeasure... suckers...