Do you keep both copies of the same game even if you own it on a newer system?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

Poll Do you keep both copies of the same game even if you own it on a newer system? (15 votes)

If I own the game on a newer system, no 20%
I keep both 67%
Sometimes I’ll keep both games if they have different case covers or physical extras 13%

Meaning if you own a copy of the game say on the PS4, but it gets ported onto the PS5 and you buy it, do you keep both copies?

I generally don’t. Just takes up space and if I own it on the newer system, it’s pretty much pointless in keeping it as I’ll never play it again.

The same goes for consoles. Seeing as the PS5 will be able to play PS4 games, I’ll just give my PS4 to my sister. Wish I still had a working PS3. I unfortunately sold off all of my physical games for it though.

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44283 Posts

I’m a bit of a collector so I tend to keep the different versions of games and systems that I buy.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I don't trade in games or sell the ones I own, so yes I keep the older version.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15943 Posts

Depends, I really like to collect Persona and Final Fantasy stuff but I dont generally buys remaster and ports unless it provides something new. Persona 5R improvements or Final Fantasy X-XII trophy support, I am in.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

The only multiple copies I own are digital. Some games I bought on PS4 store and then on Steam/GOG when I got my new PC. As for physical copies, I sell the old ones. I like to minimize the amount of shit I have in my place as much as I can.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I never bought an hd remake before. I play on pc so the game improves over time as far as resolution. Never bought the same game twice. Only scenario was Wind Waker HD but by that point I had long sold my Gamecube and WW copy.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Really depends, tend to keep my special editions even way after I no longer have the hardware.

But a lot of games, once I have a superior port, usually trade them in to go towards my future gaming purchases.

P.C. is a joke for this, because the last physical I bought was just a voucher in a case. Despite being advertised as a disc backer goal.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

@vfighter said:

I don't trade in games or sell the ones I own, so yes I keep the older version.

Same, and I also keep older consoles. I'm not against the new digital era coming up, and know before too many years newer consoles will be all digital most likely. Because of that I find it even more important to hold onto any physical gaming things I have purchased, either being a game or a console.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@speeny:

Yup. I rebuy plenty of games too, depending on it being a strong remake or remaster. Or if it just so happens to be a part of a collection, like Master Chief Collection with Halo Reach. Halo Reach 360 is still the better version, sadly.