Final Fantasy 3 on DS and PSP was good for what it was, but they could have done better with Android or PC ports

Kian82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Kian82
Member since 2021 • 31 Posts

FF3 on DS tried to push the unit to what it could do. So i can see appeal for what it was

PSP while same game, added original OST from Famicom era. So while it was impossible for a PSP to do anything other than this, they did that aswell as adding auto battle to it.

So DS and PSP is only version of this remake i can recommend

Reason why Android or PC is more disapointing. Though PC port of the DS is decent... it just is flat because. I would expect them to make it more imersive since they have the technology to do it now. What would be cool is if you could have a 3D camera wherever you go. NOW THAT WOULD BE GREAT :) Like how FF7 on PS1 did. Just would make the world more emersive that way

I played PC, Phone android (Google and Amazon), ipad (BOTH VERSIONS might i say "iPhone/ipad" version). And... they did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing.

I dont know how good phone technology is. But considering PC atleast. I was atleast expecting more there. The port isnt bad by any means, just flat and lackluster...

But what you think?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Feels like I have read this post somewhere here by another user.

Kian82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kian82

@sakaixx

Yeah that was me XD

I wasnt reaching to a verdict by that time

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Square-Enix just wanted to port it over to PC and other platforms to make some money. I don't think Square-Enix wanted to put a lot of attention on enhancing FF3 for PC and mobile.

Without disrespecting FF3, if I was working for Square-Enix, I would be pushing for a Chrono Trigger, FF6, FF7, FF8 or FF9 remake. That will gather tons of attention, unlike FF3.

Kian82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kian82

@omegamaster

:

but usually if one is fan of one game, they also want to go back to check their other games. A bad impression can leave a bad taste of the series. This is not to say that FF3 on PC is a bad port. But it just is very lack luster to what it could be. Compared to PSP and DS which for its time were trying their best to push the limits of a handheld console. (well atleast for what could be done)

king81user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 king81user
Member since 2021 • 7 Posts

FF III is my favorite NES game !