Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4252 Posts

For one reason or another…..

Would you want developers of video games to copy the templates of games say from 1991 to 2024 and use it or at least save the formula for future use??

Or do you want constant innovation, and new gameplay mechanics and features, leaving everything in gaming past in the past.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

Every time i try an old game, say from the 7th gen and prior, they feel just too simple. You're just running n gunning for 5-8h in every shooter, and that's your game. I expect more now, so i don't want old designs.

Modern gaming has a lot of trash, but nobody is forcing you to buy most everything that's coming out just because its new. Filter that trash, and you will find plenty of quality titles. BG3, for example, is superior to all older rpg's i've played.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

I don't think it's necessarily modern gaming that's going in the wrong direction, just "AAA" gaming.

For lack of a better term, it's become regressive; the problem is that we have been stuck in a loop and imo the issue is they haven't really contributed any new ideas. It just seems like the number of AAA titles I've actually enjoyed in the past few years can be counted on one hand.

And while I know all video game developers and publishers are businesses and need to make money, I don't think you need to sacrifice artistic integrity in your pursuit of profit. There is room for both, and AAA publishers have seemed to forget that. AAA publishers have forced the developers under their umbrella to churn out soulless garbage that pursues trends instead of innovating.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Think it varies on developer and in the case of AAA, it's the publisher.

Have nothing against modern gaming. I like new and old games; so long as they're fun and enjoyable to play.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

I think modern gaming with all it's flaws is much better than 10 years ago and miles better than 20 years ago. No comparison.