Kyrelsaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Kyrelsaninja
Member since 2022 • 4 Posts

So I've been playing Fortnite since the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That would make me a Fortnite player with experience. Well let me tell you all something: I keep getting my ass kicked by people who most likely play all day long, every damn day. They ambush people, they use Legendary weapons to their advantage, and they build extremely fast. And to be honest, I think I've had enough of this crap. I miss Disney Infinity. It had all my favorite characters, except without the requirement to build and to watch your back every 5 seconds. So as soon as I have money to get Disney Infinity 3.0 for my Xbox Series S, I'm buying it and deleting Fortnite for good this time.

Kyrelsaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Kyrelsaninja

And to anyone who wants to report my post before it even sees the light of day, just know that I just joined this website, and I can easily find another one that is better. And no, I'm not talking about Reddit.......

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

What are your thoughts on PUBG? I'm hearing it's full of cheaters, is that true?

Kyrelsaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kyrelsaninja

@R4gn4r0k: Not sure if they cheat, or if they're just really skilled. Either way tho, the game isn't fun in my opinion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

I do not know why you think you'll get reported? you're not insulting/ bullying anyone with foul language, or spamming shady links. And nothing mentioned can be considered adequately offensive either. Games Discussion is a safe haven to give both positive and negative thoughts on games, and it's usually fine to criticize general communities in gaming too so long as it's loose terminology and not targeting individuals.

If anything you only note Fortnite favors those that sink in time, which is the way of competitive shooters, the P2W model in Fortnite only further create a divide. I happen to agree, however Fortnite is certainly not the first or last game to follow this stigma.

Fortnite also does soft resets and encourages constant play; 'which I've noted in other threads' I am not a big fan of that, it's manipulative.

The times I have played Fortnite it was pretty fun, but I never stuck with it, namely because I only like to play it with friends. Apex Legends at this point along with PUBG Mobile are the better Battle Royale games too, and even then would only play them in short bursts.

Find too many games have become 'service games' anyhow, and they're exhausting to deal with. So I prefer not too whenever possible.

Kyrelsaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kyrelsaninja

@RSM-HQ: Thanks. Glad you agree.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

I find pretty much all BR games annoying. Just not a fun formula for me, but Fortnite is probably the most annoying of them all.

PUBG looks more fun, but I have no interest in playing a wonky game that looks like it's still in alpha, despite being out for years and with a humongous budget to boot.

Apex is like Titanfall without Titans in an annoying BR form. Less fun, in other words. Big amount of classes, weapons and mods will make sure it stays unbalanced as well, which is something I hate when it comes to competitive FPSs.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: I'm certainly not going to go out on a limb and sell you on Battle Royales, but why are they annoying? They're just shooters with a lot of players, and a timer.

To me it's just the new big match type as Capture the Flag, and Horde Mode once was. Not too big a deal, and they all evolved from Arena Shooters which is still my personal favorite.

If it's the community that is off putting for Battle Royales though? I do understand, can be childish. I find that is much the same people for trying to enjoy a MOBA, or even a Soulsborne game. Boils down to the vocal community putting people off giving these a try. Which I would still encourage anyone to give a try.

If you like shooting people in the face (in a video game)? Battle Royales are pretty fun, especially if you have a few friends watching your back, lol.

Lampard8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lampard8
Member since 2022 • 2 Posts

The *10 DRILL* CHALLENGE in Fortnite!

https://shrinke.me/uQ4a

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@Litchie: I'm certainly not going to go out on a limb and sell you on Battle Royales, but why are they annoying? They're just shooters with a lot of players, and a timer.

To me it's just the new big match type as Capture the Flag, and Horde Mode once was. Not too big a deal, and they all evolved from Arena Shooters which is still my personal favorite.

If it's the community that is off putting for Battle Royales though? I do understand, can be childish. I find that is much the same people for trying to enjoy a MOBA, or even a Soulsborne game. Boils down to the vocal community putting people off giving these a try. Which I would still encourage anyone to give a try.

If you like shooting people in the face (in a video game)? Battle Royales are pretty fun, especially if you have a few friends watching your back, lol.

BR shooters means lots of running around on huge maps, finding random loot. It's just not something I find fun or want to do in competitive shooters. I find it tedious. Played Fortnite for a while, found the building aspect of it greatly annoying, so I just ignored that aspect of the game. Finished in top 30 every match and even won a few, but even then I didn't enjoy it.

Then we have the fact that I find most really popular games pretty unfun to play. I think it has to do with the community. I tend to enjoy games more that have a healthy amount of people, enough to find matches at least, but are way less popular than Fortnite / PUBG / CoD.

I have yet to find a BR game that I like. I love Hunt: Showdown, which has some BR aspects, but is very different from BR games. I think there's around 10k people playing it, and that amount feels perfect. And there's only 12 players per game. Also perfect.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: I understand you for running around an open world doing nothing and having to find loot each-and-ever time. Crafting however I think is one of the games stronger elements. Even then games like Valheim just do it better and the world in Valheim is way more interesting to explore.

My issue with openworld/ sandboxes is basically what you noted. Most openworlds have you doing nothing and even when gears kick-in the map goes against the flow of gameplay. A.I. breaks down and doesn't know how to react, and most open world games force exploiting its simplicity, to a one-note strategy everyone uses. Fortnite lets players build around that which is handy but is still a lot of trinkets spread around that doesn't aid combat or traversal, thus games like Apex, PUBG and Fortnite do all play the same, as the maps allow nothing else.

It's appealing from immersion a sense of freedom, which is ironic consider most actually restrict players to a one-note gameplay loop.

Well designed maps give options and variety, as they're designed around options the developers gave the player. This is why Breath of the Wild was pretty disappointing to me, along with the stupid weapon durability and cooking-mini-games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

FORTNITE IS THE REASON WHY SONY NEEDS TO BRING BACK WARHAWK LOL.

Just kiddin but I wish sony would gave us wahawk remake.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@girlusocrazy said:

It's rumored they will be adding a BR mode with no building (but to me that would be boring)

Beats the point of Fortnite if you can't build. I understand people who start off just shoot, however for anyone who has played a few hours+ collecting parts and building to give yourself/ team an advantage is the part the experience which gives some level of depth.

Take that away and it's a so-so RNG shooter about chugging luminous beverages.

Removing building in Fortnite to me is like removing a dodge/ roll is a Souls game.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Different people different tastes, but anytime I tried a battle royale game it left a bad taste. I always ended up wishing I had played some other game. If you enjoy them go for it and I do admit all the crossover stuff from other franchises is awesome in Fortnite.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

@kyrelsaninja: Fortnite itself is pretty fun. What makes it suck is all of the squeakers screaming into the mic which is why I only ever play it if my 8 year old nephew wants me to play with him. It's definitely a game that caters more towards children or folks that can no-life the game to get really good at it than it does to adults that just want to hop in and chill a bit.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 501 Posts

Really? I've always considered it more silly/cute cuz of all the character skins than annoying. Respectfully, I don't play it.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

What are your thoughts on PUBG? I'm hearing it's full of cheaters, is that true?

@kyrelsaninja said:

@R4gn4r0k: Not sure if they cheat, or if they're just really skilled. Either way tho, the game isn't fun in my opinion.

I played PUBG at it's release. I didn't pay for the game, a friend picked me up a copy and I am glad I didn't pay. The first couple of weeks of playing off and on the game wasn't too bad. People were learning it and my friends and I played in groups of 4, we'd usually do pretty good. We'd normally get down to the last circle and I'd say we won around 20% of the matches we played in.

Fast forward about 3-4 weeks after the game has been out and cheaters are falling out of the sky. Speed hacks, aim hacks, teleportation hacks and the list goes on. The game turned into a nightmare with cheaters. There were times we'd jump from the plan and be dead before we hit the ground because someone used a cheat to spawn weapons and they'd shoot people as they were parachuting to the ground.

Other times you'd land on the ground and you would see a character speed hacking his way through and superman punching as he went by and killing everyone.

I think the best were the headshot cheaters. One game my friends and I were taken out by a guy that was standing behind a while, using a shotgun and he would jump up over the wall and instantly headshot us. You're thinking this isn't so bad. Someone is jumping up over a wall to shoot as you're walking by it, but when the guy is over 50 yards away from us while he's doing it....yeah, something isn't right here.

I stopped playing the game after about the 4th week it was out and from talking with my friends as they continued to try and play it from time to time, they said the death cam (after it was finally implemented) help show cheaters that could be reported and the crackdown on cheaters was a constant thing, but at least half of the games they'd go into they'd be meet with folks cheating.

They eventually grew tired of it and themselves haven't played the game for the past year or so.

I can't bring myself to play these games anymore. I don't need the unnecessary grief to ruin my time trying to have fun playing a game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I played Fortnite for a while it's really nice game but people that build so fast destroys the fun of the game, it should really be a timer on those builds as Rust does - it takes time to build.

You're forced to built / shoot at the same time to be better than others.

I enjoyed good few months of Apex Legends afterward - so if any game I can recommend it's Apex.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

It's been annoying since it launched lmao. Sorry my son plays it. it's annoying he got me to spent well over a 1000 dollars on skins in 4 years.

Not exaggerated either.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RSM-HQ
@gifford38 said:

It's been annoying since it launched lmao. Sorry my son plays it. it's annoying he got me to spent well over a 1000 dollars on skins in 4 years.

Not exaggerated either.

Dam! I would hate Fortnite too if I spent even half that. Show some restraint and say no, lol.

I'm not even against gacha. I collected gachapons growing up, but it's an addiction, and you need to stop giving away your wallet to Epic

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts

@kyrelsaninja: always has been.