Google starting to refunding all Stadia purchases this week.

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 qws
Member since 2022 • 23 Posts

The platform... that brought me back to gaming... RIP.

I don't have to install games. I play any game I want I feel like. On Phone I play Octopath Traveler, on controller I play Valhalla, TESO, when I'm eating with 1 hand, I play Darkside Detective. Playing a game Stadia, is like starting a video on Youtube. 1 click and it starts.

I can also share my games with my family, so all my family members can stream my library, with no subscription.

The bigger my library was getting, the better the user experience, because I don't have to worry about harddisk and other hardware limitation.

By far easiest and most enjoyable way of gaming I ever had experienced.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9412 Posts

Sweet. Free $130 for that founder's edition I barely used.

Hopefully they do something with the tech, because it actually worked well. It was 100% the fault of the monetization strategy that kept it from being widely adopted.

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 qws

Stadia's monetization strategy was fine.

You pay for a game, and you stream it, it's as basic as it can be.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Reads like an advert.

If you generally enjoyed the service and just a genuine fan of Stadia? well each his or her own.

If you work for Google? don't let the door hit you on the way out.

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By qws

@RSM-HQ: Stadia is already shutting done, there is nothing to advertise. I'm just disappointed with the competitors. Steam, Xbox it's all shit.

But stadia is the one that's shutting down. Sure I get refunded, but where do I go next? Clunky mainstream console? Steam deck lol? No thanks, might as well quit again...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Reads like an advert.

LOL same here. But this thread is legit for the situation with Stadia.

Not trying to be mean or anything like that but I'm glad Stadia is gone and I'm only saying this so that other tech companies who are planning to go Cloud gaming will understand Cloud gaming isn't ready for primetime nor should it be replacing traditional gaming. Even MS is doubling down on its own cloud service too.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

Steam is shit? lol

Also, can't you stream more games on game pass now than you could on Stadia? For cheaper?

"Brought me back to gaming". So.. you just got fed up with having to install games all of a sudden, or..? What could be so incredibly bad with gaming that only streaming games could fix, I wonder.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

It’s such a shame that Stadia is ending. An extra competitor in the gaming business is a good thing.

Perhaps it’s still too early since so many still have poor internet speeds or a metered connection.

I do applaud Google for trying and also reimbursing customers, perhaps it may indicate they will try again in the future by keeping some goodwill.

It’s a shame it was not released here in Hong Kong, most people have gigabyte connections it would have worked very well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@qws said:

@RSM-HQ: Stadia is already shutting done, there is nothing to advertise. I'm just disappointed with the competitors. Steam, Xbox it's all shit.

Gathering interest could bring a service back, it's happened before, if popular demand hits. Seems to me like you are campaigning its reveal that no one asked for.

As to Steam being shit, it is in a few key areas. Buying games that don't work for one is frustrating.

Compared to Stadia though, I don't see your argument on the attempt to tarnish better services with more stable business models. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

Prices alone are night n' day. Stadia overcharged for games that came out three years prior, it was always behind on updates and was a chore for many just to try-out.

Now if they can repackage the service with a better line-up and pricing, entry? I'm sure it'll do well, would be a waste of the technology to just fizzle out.

Clunky mainstream console? Steam deck lol? No thanks, might as well quit again...

Seems to me you don't play games because of the games but rather the niche service and potentially branding. So I go back to my original point_

Does Google pay well & "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RSM-HQ
@davillain said:

Maybe I'm being too cynical, or perhaps it's because I work in marketing myself but I don't believe this is just a genuine fan of Stadia.

Reads like someone who worked on Stadia taking frustration on the forums and campaigning its return. We had Stadia accounts when it was launching, and all they did was advertise the product like radical fans, and accounts only exist to dismiss everything not Stadia. This account seems to be doing the exact same. If Stadia really had such a healthy following? why is it dying out.

Easy answer, it was a flawed service that many couldn't get behind; from a global market standpoint.

Stadia was clunky, software was expensive compared to the competition, and only offered mediocre or old games (those older games very cheap on every other service)

I'm sure Stadia could work if it was tweaked a few ways to be more customer friendly, give better sales, and offer some games that are actually new and reviewing well. Also maybe Google shouldn't have fired so many studios after five months. Did Google really expect developers to pull-out games so fast? etc.

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 qws
@RSM-HQ said:
@qws said:

Gathering interest could bring a service back, it's happened before, if popular demand hits. Seems to me like you are campaigning its reveal that no one asked for.

As to Steam being shit, it is in a few key areas. Buying games that don't work for one is frustrating.

Compared to Stadia though, I don't see your argument on the attempt to tarnish better services with more stable business models. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

Prices alone are night n' day. Stadia overcharged for games that came out three years prior, it was always behind on updates and was a chore for many just to try-out.

Now if they can repackage the service with a better line-up and pricing, entry? I'm sure it'll do well, would be a waste of the technology to just fizzle out.

Clunky mainstream console? Steam deck lol? No thanks, might as well quit again...

Seems to me you don't play games because of the games but rather the niche service and potentially branding. So I go back to my original point_

Does Google pay well & "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

You have no clue what you're talking about. Unbelievable, why write so much if it's all just nonsense...?

Stadia and Steam had the same pricing/business model. Except Stadia is more generous, with SUPERIOR family sharing.

@RSM-HQ said:
@davillain said:

Maybe I'm being too cynical, or perhaps it's because I work in marketing myself but I don't believe this is just a genuine fan of Stadia.

Reads like someone who worked on Stadia taking frustration on the forums and campaigning its return. We had Stadia accounts when it was launching, and all they did was advertise the product like radical fans, and accounts only exist to dismiss everything not Stadia. This account seems to be doing the exact same. If Stadia really had such a healthy following? why is it dying out.

Easy answer, it was a flawed service that many couldn't get behind; from a global market standpoint.

Stadia was clunky, software was expensive compared to the competition, and only offered mediocre or old games (those older games very cheap on every other service)

I'm sure Stadia could work if it was tweaked a few ways to be more customer friendly, give better sales, and offer some games that are actually new and reviewing well. Also maybe Google shouldn't have fired so many studios after five months. Did Google really expect developers to pull-out games so fast? etc.

Lol, Stadia sadly won't ever come back, it's dead. Just like Windows Phone is dead and won't ever come back.

Google refunded everyone at least. They are now working on Android games for PC and Immersive Stream.

And who cares if Stadia has old games, it's about the fantasy (at least for me). Besides that, I wouldn't call Valhalla, Wavetale, RE8 that old.

You are the fake gamer, it's evident. It pisses you off that Stadia brought better gaming experience and that I had more fun on Stadia than you ever will with waste of money nasty gaming hardware.

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 qws
@Litchie said:

Steam is shit? lol

Also, can't you stream more games on game pass now than you could on Stadia? For cheaper?

"Brought me back to gaming". So.. you just got fed up with having to install games all of a sudden, or..? What could be so incredibly bad with gaming that only streaming games could fix, I wonder.

Xbox Cloud is subscription only, many games are regional locked, it has no mouse/keyboard support.

There are more issues, like I didn't even talk about blurry graphics and (rare) lag spikes.

You know how awesome it is, when your WHOLE library can be played anytime, instantly. Especially if you have friends/family... you can show them your Stadia catalogue and they can immidiately play it (even on their own device while I play on my device).

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 qws
@girlusocrazy said:

Don't forget to pay your respects at the Alphabet/Google Graveyard

This company can never launch another product/service again.

@qws:Luna?

Luna is a subscription service, and it's USA only.

Also only 2 people can stream simultaneously, I need 3.

But yes, I hope Luna succeed where Stadia fails.... seriously, I hate mainstream people.. the fast majority is so dumb, I cannot believe it.

huberadams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By huberadams
Member since 2022 • 1 Posts
@qws said:

I don't have to install games. I play any game I want I feel like. On Phone I play Octopath Traveler, on controller I play Valhalla, TESO when I'm eating with 1 hand, I play Darkside Detective. Playing a game Stadia, is like starting a video on Youtube. 1 click and it starts.

I can also share my games with my family, so all my family members can stream my library, with no subscription.

The bigger my library was getting, the better the user experience, because I don't have to worry about harddisk and other hardware limitation.

https://apksbrand.com/mini-militia-mod-apk-unlimited-ammo-and-nitro/

Yeah thats a good news hope the refund will arrive soon. Thank you for this information dude:) Keep it up :) :)

qws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 qws

@huberadams said:
@qws said:

I don't have to install games. I play any game I want I feel like. On Phone I play Octopath Traveler, on controller I play Valhalla, TESO when I'm eating with 1 hand, I play Darkside Detective. Playing a game Stadia, is like starting a video on Youtube. 1 click and it starts.

https://apksbrand.com/mini-militia-mod-apk-unlimited-ammo-and-nitro/

Yeah thats a good news hope the refund will arrive soon. Thank you for this information dude:) Keep it up :) :)

Thanks! I'm fully refunded now, and I still have access to all my games till Januari 18. -sigh-

Not sure what I'll be doing with the refund. I guess back to mainstream gaming, or investing in something...

@girlusocrazy said:
@qws said:

I don't have to install games. I play any game I want I feel like. On Phone I play Octopath Traveler, on controller I play Valhalla, TESO, when I'm eating with 1 hand, I play Darkside Detective. Playing a game Stadia, is like starting a video on Youtube. 1 click and it starts.

Maybe try GeForce Now

Yeah you have to install games, but only once and then it's done, and you're not limited just to the Stadia library or just one storefront. Steam, EGS, GoG, whatever you want. And then you can stream it to your phone or whatever else you want, and you can probably give your login info to your family too.

GFN is not good. I've tried all alternatives. It's either subscription service (Xbox Cloud, Luna) or renting hardware (GFN, Shadow).

It's better to go back to mainstream gaming like Xbox or Switch, than use GFN.

The point of cloud gaming is that you don't need to spend money on hardware, but with GFN you still pay for hardware, except you don't own it.