How do I convince my friends to get a PS4 with me?

StealthyKILLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By StealthyKILLS
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Most of my 360 friends are Xbox fanboys. Im trying to get my friends to get a PS4 with me cuz I already have a PS4. A few are getting one already for Christmas & birthdays, some are still on the fence, and most are only getting it for halo or titanfall (they don't know titanfall two will be on ps4) -__-. Some already have one. How do I convince SOME of my friends to get PS4 (I know they have opinions, that's why I wrote this, to try to get them on my side or at least thinking about ps4.). HELP!

-Damon

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

They are fanboys like you said. Hard to change a fanboys mind.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Let him be happy with his Xbox if that's what he prefers.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

even if the X1 sucks, if your a Lem you will never get a PS4. even though the PS4 is better in every gaming way

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

You don't. If they prefer Xbox, let them be happy with that and don't bug them about it as that will only annoy them. If you want to play games with your friends badly enough then you should buy a Xbox One in addition to your PS4 instead of bugging your friends to try to get them to not get the console that they really want just for your own selfish reasons. Then everybody is happy and you will get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

You don't. If they prefer Xbox, let them be happy with that and don't bug them about it as that will only annoy them. If you want to play games with your friends badly enough then you should buy a Xbox One in addition to your PS4 instead of bugging your friends to try to get them to not get the console that they really want just for your own selfish reasons. Then everybody is happy and you will get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Eh, I was going to write a shorter version of this, but was going to start exactly with "You don't". You let others choose to play what they want to play on and don't try to pressure them into dropping hundreds of dollars on something just so they can play with you. Not the answer you're looking for, but it's the only reasonable one.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Rather get the Wii U.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@stealthykills: The only thing that I can say Xbone has to offer is an awesome controller. Other than that PS4 has it all. Xbone had the exclusives but PS4 is going to take that over. Just show them some footage of how Watchdogs runs on PS4 and they should be convinced. PS4is by far for now the better running console. Now in several years when the download speeds increase The Cloud may boost the performance of the Xbone. They say it runs a little better with the recent patches but I'm not certain. PS4 is built to run damn near every game out there. Xbone is very limited. And Kinect is a feature that really has no support so I doubt they would want to pay for that. If Xbone dropped to $299 than I would say ok but at the moment it's over priced dated hardware.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

A friend of mine was a hardcore lemming, he loved Halo (it really was the only reason for him to keep his Xbox). But with the $100 price difference, great exclusives on the horizon and being able to play with me and other friends he bought a Playstation.

It is hard to change a fanboy mind. I can't make my LoL friends play DOTA.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, if they are friends you should ask yourself how good if they chose to get a X1 instead of a Ps4.

And why did you get a Ps4? if everyone else around you have a X1

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why not trade in your PS4 and get a X1 if your friends aren't willing to get a PS4?

If playing with them is that important to you, then this should be a no-brainer. It's why a lot of people bought the 360 compared to the PS3.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@stealthykills: Band together with your friends in a conspiracy to all pitch in on a next gen console, then have a huge falling out that turns into a Game of Thrones parody when you realize that you don't all want the same console.

-Byshop

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Buy it for them.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

But in all seriousness, my friends and I are waiting it out right now. Might be some holiday deals.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Offer free handies. Works every times.... In all seriousness though its tough. I'm a hardcore Halo fan, but I'm regretting getting a PS3 so late in the gen and mainly playing 360. This gen I'm leaning towards PS4 first, and maybe picking up an xbox done the line....which kills me as a Halo fan but the exclusives aren't there for me anymore on xbox. Gears and Fable are the only other ones I liked and the third ones of each franchise were the last good ones (Yes, I liked F3 and I know it had plenty of issues:P)

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

well i had an xbox and wasn't happy with it so I got a ps4. i like it a lot more. graphics just look better on it.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Didnt you just post that you clean your X1 with a microfiber cloth and it has no scratches? How long did you have your X1 for, I am becoming suspicious of your post. Seem very flakey.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Have you tried taking one of their loved one's hostage and threatening to shoot them in the face if they don't get a PS4 ?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS4hasNOgames

@juboner: had it for 5 months the graphics weren't up to par. I appreciate your support.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ps4 has pr0n lol

all joking aside, ps4 speaks for itself....do the research for them and tell them why, if not...just let your lil friends be happy with their console of choice

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: alright and now you are happy with the graphics of ps4?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PS4hasNOgames

@juboner said:

@ps4hasnogames: alright and now you are happy with the graphics of ps4?

Yes, very. I played NBA 2k14 on ps4 and xbox one it looks better on ps4, same with madden 25, same with battlefield 4...youtube videos really don't do it justice you have to see it in person to notice it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

You don't, there's nothing wrong with wanting an Xbox One. I have one and I'm very happy with it. I already have 9 games for it and enjoy them all with 2 more that I'd like to get that are already out and more soon coming so it certainly has the games for it.

jobosayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jobosayo
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

i don't know about your friend but i am waiting XSHOT to random a PS4 for me. lol

They are giving away a PS4 for those who tried thier game (but i think send in name period has ended, they're listing names).

they said it's a very unique and free-to-play FPS.

so i gave it a try. very fascinating though (i was stunned at first due to too many of weird stuffs haha)

btw, for those who haven't know about this game yet.

here's the link: http://goo.gl/9xHKf5

enjoy :)

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

It always comes back to games and if they can't live without Halo or Titanfall, you're outta luck. Try compiling a list of PS exclusives from over the years and see if any of those pique their interest (TLOU, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, inFamous, God of War, etc.). The PS backlog is extensive and far more varied. SCE has, generally, been a more varied publisher than MS studios, and they seem to furthering that differentiation. If you can't convince them away from X1 to PS4, try convincing them toward PC instead. It gets practically every game the Xbox does, minus a few exceptions. Plus games are far cheaper (praise be to gaben).