tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

I recently started playing days gone (about an hour in ) and even though it’s a little rough around the edges, so far I could see it being fun. I especially don’t like how hard it is to see the lootable items laying around the place and the shooting mechanics aren’t the best. I know the critics flamed days gone when it came out but I’ve heard from a few friends that it was really a good game.

Those of you who have played it, what did you think of it??

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

It's a good game. I like the setting, the world is pretty cool, the characters are simple but good. The biking aspect is fun. The combination of stealth, melee, gadgets, and ranged is pretty well balanced imo.

With that said, it wasn't for me. I didn't like how it was "realistic here, unrealistic there". That might appeal to some people, the more hardcore aspects, but I either want a game that's all realistic or all arcade.

If you're on PC, there are some good mods that make the game a little more arcade if that's the way you want to lean. It can take away weapon degradation and give you more ammo and stuff like that.

Ultimately it fell victim to my "it's good, but not good enough to pull me from my main game" mentality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@tpz4sheezy said:

I know the critics flamed days gone when it came out but I’ve heard from a few friends that it was really a good game.

I think the critical scores were a bit unfair. Now, I don't view games with 6's or 7's as bad necessarily, just tailored for specific audiences. But unfortunately most people don't view it that way, so when something like Days Gone get's average scores from people and is supposed to be a big Sony title, it get's panned and called a flop.

Over time the scores have gone up, with the PC release giving it a huge boost as a lot of people liked it when it [finally] came out on PC.

It wasn't so much a victim of its own success as a victim of Sony's success. People were like "What!? This didn't score as high as God of War/The Last of Us/Some Other High-Scoring game!? WTF!?" and didn't buy it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Played the game day-one and went back to it last year. The game even on its best day is a 6/10, which is fine, suppose I just wanted more from the studio behind Syphon Filter. And this being the big return to form game they put out.

Day's Gone did not release in a good state but is a very different game now than when it released, the developer even redone aspects of the game to make it more 'fun'. And this is the 6/10 game I note.

Overall Day's Gone is a victim of open world padding, and very much filled with repetitive design overused in the western industry (Far Cry, Assassins, etc), the game is also a Survival Horror video game and had the unfortunate timing of releasing the same year as Resident Evil 2 Remake; a critically and generally praised Survival Horror game, peak of its genre in many respects.

Is Day's Gone a fun game as of 2023? yes, can be, but it will get repetitive with many open world padding clichés that should have died in the early 2000's.

If you want an open world game with zombies? few games compare. If you wanted a decent Survival Horror game? Day's Gone wouldn't even scrap a top 50 list. Heck I wouldn't put it in a top 100.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I enjoyed it. I liked riding around on the motorcycle and upgrading it, and the hordes where a fun to take down.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 276 Posts

Good game, and the last of its kind. Doubt we'll ever see games like this from Sony again, sadly.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Played the game day-one and went back to it last year. The game even on its best day is a 6/10, which is fine, suppose I just wanted more from the studio behind Syphon Filter. And this being the big return to form game they put out.

Day's Gone did not release in a good state but is a very different game now than when it released, the developer even redone aspects of the game to make it more 'fun'. And this is the 6/10 game I note.

Overall Day's Gone is a victim of open world padding, and very much filled with repetitive design overused in the western industry (Far Cry, Assassins, etc), the game is also a Survival Horror video game and had the unfortunate timing of releasing the same year as Resident Evil 2 Remake; a critically and generally praised Survival Horror game, peak of its genre in many respects.

Is Day's Gone a fun game as of 2023? yes, can be, but it will get repetitive with many open world padding clichés that should have died in the early 2000's.

If you want an open world game with zombies? few games compare. If you wanted a decent Survival Horror game? Day's Gone wouldn't even scrap a top 50 list. Heck I wouldn't put it in a top 100.

na its a 8 in my book. when it comes to open world games I say in the top 10. for open world games only.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gifford38
@shadyacshuns said:

Good game, and the last of its kind. Doubt we'll ever see games like this from Sony again, sadly.

:( I want deacon back.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gifford38
@tpz4sheezy said:

I recently started playing days gone (about an hour in ) and even though it’s a little rough around the edges, so far I could see it being fun. I especially don’t like how hard it is to see the lootable items laying around the place and the shooting mechanics aren’t the best. I know the critics flamed days gone when it came out but I’ve heard from a few friends that it was really a good game.

Those of you who have played it, what did you think of it??

keep playing the hordes are rewarding once you get you r character to that level.

bike gets better and better. weapons get better and better. even story gets better and better.

map bigger than you think ;) not going to give it away. enjoy.

SAVE SARAH LOL I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

It's a good above average game and I recommend it. It starts off a bit slow and there is a lot of buildup but don't worry about that just focus on enjoying the moments and doing the missions. It's fun overall I enjoyed it.