Sheriff514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sheriff514
Member since 2016 • 14 Posts

So this is something good I've been thinking about for a while since i, myself am in law enforcement.

Is it really too hard for game developers to make an open world police game? Something like GTA open world. You start out in the academy, graduate to the street and hop into patrol. You have the freedom to answer to dispatched calls as you see fit. Crime happens everywhere, everyday. This open world system should show that. For example, your in the game, you have been on your shift for an hour or so, you walk into a store for a coffee, to your surprise, while you walk in you notice there is an active robbery in the very store you just walked in, so now you have to deal with it.

The ability to conduct traffic stops, breathalyze people, normal pedestrian stops, proper searches- the whole 9 yeards. I just feel it would be a whole lot of fun.

And to think about the multi-player this could offer!

In the open online game play it could be like GTA, just mayhem everywhere. Players can choose to be a civilian causing havoc like GTA, or an officer patrolling to stop them and throw them in the slammer!

Am I alone here? Am I the only one who would absolutely love a game like this?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Closest thing would be L.A. Noire, but it's not nearly that expansive.

Sheriff514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sheriff514

@mastermetal777: yeah it's not really expansive at all. And that's what I'm looking for. That's what will make the game truly great

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Arma 3 life mods have a lot of what you are wanting

Sheriff514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sheriff514

@Flubbbs: what exactly is that? I just googled it but what is it for and how do you acquire it? Is it something I could get on my XboxOne?

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts
Loading Video...

Great if you have a Nintendo DS.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@sheriff514: na its a PC only game. its an open world online role play mod for Arma 3, you can be a civilian and take regular jobs(taxi driver, banker, car dealer, etc), criminal life( rob people, murder, kidnap, sell drugs), You can apply to become acop.. there is an actual police force with rank structure and there is a academy type thing where you gotta learn police codes and rules, You can do pretty much everything a real cop would do. they use task force radio so its pretty legit. you can also be a paramedic and heal and revive people. Its really good if you're into heavy roleplay.

Its pretty much the closet thing to what you're looking for

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Wow, no one has mentioned True Crime: Streets of L.A. and True Crime: New York City? These games are almost exactly what OP described. Maybe not every detail, but you play as cop and as you drive around the city inbetween story missions and whatnot, crimes pop up and you can choose to deal with them. You can randomly frisk people on the streets for drugs and whatnot. You can be a "bad" cop with other cops chasing you if you cause too much trouble.

Granted, they're old games now. But I really liked them when I was younger. They were some of the first open world games I played. Of course, I found GTA San Andreas to be much better once I played that. Nevertheless, I always wanted to see an actual follow up to these games. True Crime: Hong Kong turned into Sleeping Dogs, which was a great game, but it didn't have all the same elements as the True Crime games. You play as a cop but it's more of a standard open world city game than a game where you're actually doing cop stuff outside of the main story.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I've been looking for a game exactly like this for quite some time. Also a bladerunneresque game. There isn't enough variety in open world games imo. I like the witcher and GTA and Batman but I'm picky as far as quality. Cyberpunk is coming. I'd like to see there be more detective games like this. Or where you play a good guy in a modern world. I was a big fan of police quest and gabriel knight and games like that growing up and always though games like that would be brought to the open world. LA Noire was really good but not as expansive. Rockstar could have done a much better job with it.

They really could take the open world to a whole other level as far as just gripping action stories in the open world. I was even thinking about a no country for old men type game where it's just really gritty. GTA is sort of like this though.

But you could have a game where a murderer is on the loose in a huge open world and you have run ins with him a long the way etc. Just different crimes happening etc and crime stories you follow. City of Crime or something like that.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 284

User Lists: 37

#11 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1434 Posts

L.A. Noire, it rarely gets some attention. It's special.

GKMoggleMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GKMoggleMog
Member since 2015 • 351 Posts

In Sleeping Dogs you're an undercover cop and you can do busts and arrest people in side quests. That's probably about as close as you will get unless an indie developer wants to make one since most people hate cops.

Sleeping Dogs is set in the True Crime: Streets of LA game world, but doesn't have the supernatural Big Trouble in Little China-like elements Streets of LA had outside the DLC.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Well,you have Enforcer: Police Crime Action and Police Simulator 2: Law & Order,both of wich seem almost exactly what you want.

Aside from that,I have to agree with @Flubbbs,Arma 3 with some specific life/role play mods is the other option.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

The closest thing you can get to this is LCPDFR for GTA. Check it out on youtube, i don't think anything else comes close.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I had a lot of fun doing police missions in GTA 3 but I only think they are in 3.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@Nanomage said:

Well,you have Enforcer: Police Crime Action and Police Simulator 2: Law & Order,both of wich seem almost exactly what you want.

Aside from that,I have to agree with @Flubbbs,Arma 3 with some specific life/role play mods is the other option.

This. Enforcer would be exactly what the OP is asking for. Kinda buggy but it's definitely an open world police sim.

SavoyPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18  Edited By SavoyPrime
Member since 2003 • 41098 Posts

Sleeping Dogs comes close. Undercover cop. Really good story. Fun combat.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Sounds great. Don't forget about the parts where you conduct swat raids at 3am and hold an entire family at gunpoint while you tear their home apart looking for the pot you got a tip from your drug-using informant about.

Oooo, or what about the around-the-house simulator minigame? You know- after you've shot some unarmed kid because he couldn't hear you over his headphones, and you're on paid vacation while your department "investigates" the incident?

Traffic stops? Sounds great! Better make sure there is a dedicated "I smell marijuana" button. Or better yet, you can call in the k9 unit and press a button to tell it when to "hit" on the car, manufacturing probable cause at will.

But how will the developers manage the subtle nuances of how to escalate a non-consensual encounter with a non-violent citizen to the point where you get to taze him and beat him into a bloody mess?

Will the be a button to turn off your body cam? Or will it be the same button you press at your cruiser to stop the dash cam?

The final mission could be when the people protest against police brutality, to can swap mid mission between the roles of:

agent provocateur, attempting to incite a riot(don't forget to whip out your gun when you're ID'd!);

detention guard, macing those handcuffed whining, hippie protesters wholesale because they just won't SHUT UP;

and riot cop who outwardly stands so stoically while the protesters shout and wave signs and chant, but inwardly his rage meter is bubbling upward higher and higher while waiting in anticipation for the moment of almost sexual release brought on by the word to wade into the protesters, beating them with truncheons, and trampling over the ones who fall down.

Yeah, man. U.S. Cop Simulator 2017. It's on my pre-order list.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#20 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@SPBoss said:

The closest thing you can get to this is LCPDFR for GTA. Check it out on youtube, i don't think anything else comes close.

was gonna say this, its actually pretty good.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Wow, no one has mentioned True Crime: Streets of L.A. and True Crime: New York City? These games are almost exactly what OP described. Maybe not every detail, but you play as cop and as you drive around the city inbetween story missions and whatnot, crimes pop up and you can choose to deal with them. You can randomly frisk people on the streets for drugs and whatnot. You can be a "bad" cop with other cops chasing you if you cause too much trouble.

This.