tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

I just started pillars 2 (thanks to some recommendations on here btw) and I just shipwrecked in the beginning. I’m playing on series x btw. The game gave me two options to play with action mode and turn based mode. I put it on turn based mode because I kept seeing videos of people saying to pause the game often during combat to make it more manageable so I figured I minus well just put it on turn based. Maybe I’m doing things wrong but the combat just feels off to me. What mode do you guys recommend playing on, and do you have any tips for combat on consoles? Most of the time my guy won’t cast any spells and all I can do is hit them with my sword up close. I can’t even see what most of the two characters spells even really do in the menu lol. I’m completely lost. Maybe the game explains more the further you get and I’m trying to do too much or maybe I need to make a more melee centric build. Thanks for any info.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Real-time with pause is the original system, but I kind of like turn-based for the old-school feel and more tactical feel.

The issue is the turn-based really does slow things down, and real-time with pause is good enough imo.

I would recommend looking up some guides pertaining to builds and combat. I know what you mean by the spells taking a long time to cast; I think there was a legit reason for it, but it definitely felt kind of weird taking so long. I think the concept was that spells were powerful so there was a preparation time before they were actually cast.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

I only played it in real time with pause.

It was originally meant to be a real time game, so I assume it's better that way.