Reaching Level 100 at the beginning of Tales of Phantasia Experience Point Experiment

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Yesterday I got up early because of workers that are doing maintenance in my new house. While they were working, I decided to do an experiment.

After watching a Youtube video where someone reached Lv 99 in the First Reactor of Final Fantasy VII I was interested in the idea of seeing it was possible to reach Lv 100 in the beginning of a Tales of games like Tales of Phantasia. So, I played Tales of Phantasia on the Gameboy Advance on my Nintendo DS Lite for a full 12 hours to see how many levels I raise up to in one day.

I grinded inside the cave located next to Morrison House just after leaving Toltus at the start of the game and I went from Cress & Chester being Level 1 to Level 21 within the 12-hour period with their EXP was at 17354 also. I will say that is impressive with the progress I made within that time.

In the cave that I grinded in, the enemies exp they gave range from 6 exp, 9 exp, 14 exp and the highest exp you get being 28 exp. Also, in the beginning of Tales of Phantasia there are areas that you can enter into, there is South Forest which is located just south of Toltus which is the area you need to go first to advance the main plot of the story, there is the Cave of Spirits where the spirit Gnome is at in the past timeline located a few miles north east of Tolus, the cave located where you go into the mausoleum after Mint joins the party after escaping the prison dungeon and then there is the Euclid Mountain path which is a small area that takes you to the village of Euclid. Now at the start of Tales of Phantasia you can go into the Cave of Spirits as well as the cave next to Morrison House but the doors inside them prevent you from going further for story-related reasons. The Cave of Spirits entrance area that has enemies that range give from 3 exp to 25 exp with the Falcon enemies. South Forest alongside the mountain path leading to Euclid have enemies that give out from 6 exp to about 9 exp. This makes the cave near Morrison House the best area to grind at the start of Tales of Phantasia seeing that enemies there give the most exp there.

This demonstrates that I could possibly pull off a Level 100 challenge in Tales of Phantasia for the Gameboy Advance. The main thing aside from the fact that reaching Level 100 in an RPG takes a long time playing normally is that in the beginning of an RPG you don't get much exp for considerable power leveling. What needs to be mentioned also is that getting to Level 100 when you possibly get either 28 exp from a random encounter or maybe 6 exp from another encounter makes this an extremely long tedious process. Every random encounter in Tales of Phantasia through this process either takes 25 seconds to win or 10 seconds from starting the fight to victory screen before back to exploring. Gaining levels in RPGs starts not taking long to get a couple of level ups within the hour till late level ups requiring more and more exp to level up which could take more than an hour or maybe several hours to get a level up.

Getting from Level 1 to 100 usually in RPGs would require about 2 or 3 million experience points according to the exp level chart for an RPG game. I have tried searching all over the internet for the experience level up chart for Tales of Phantasia and all I could find was a basic sheet which said that to get from Level 1 to Level 100 requires approximately 4 million exp which with the exp I get from random encounters in the beginning of the game that is going to take months to get there.

I want to try and tackle the Level 100 Challenge in the beginning of Tales of Phantasia and I plan to perhaps tackle the challenge on my official Tales of Phantasia cartridge and not my pirated Tales of Phantasia cartridge incase the save on the pirated cartridge messes up and corrupts my save.

Right now, I am taking some time to play my official Tales of Phantasia cartridge on GBA and going for the 100% run on that in between looking at what I might like to get for my birthday, searching for replacements for my old handheld consoles that broke down as well as starting new projects on my Gamespot channel. I also have gameplay videos for Gundam Evolution on the way which will be on Youtube.

I do think that I can take on this kind of challenge for Tales of Phantasia on the GBA but I would to take the time but I want to do the 100% run of Tales of Phantasia GBA first and get my upcoming projects done first.

Hopefully it gives you an idea of what I may do in the future.