Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

I've have RE4 sitting in my Steam library for quite awhile, so I install it boot it up, play it for twenty minutes and dear God do the controls suck. They suck with M/K and they suck with a 360 controller, take this in mind that I have never played a RE game before but I booted up Spec Ops and the controls were still comfortable. Was this a limitation at the time, or just a poor choice on controls?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11691 Posts

@Enragedhydra: I think the controls are fine for what it's designed to do, you'll quickly learn the entire game is built around the controls you have as Leon. People who expect Gears of War are going to have a bad time, that as much I can agree on.

Even the new Resident Evil rewards plays holding still when they shoot, it's the higher chance of achieving a critical. Moving and shooting like a mad man will get you killed in Remake 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Resident Evil 4 was designed around the Gamecube controller. When I tried playing the remastered version with a Xbox controller, the controls didn't feel right and turned me off; but when I go back and play the Gamecube version, the controls feel fine for me. This is a game that should be played with a Gamecube controller in my opinion.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Enragedhydra

@storm_of_swords: I own a Gamecube controller with a USB output so I'll try that

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The controls are a little outdated because most of todays shooters give you a lot more movement when shooting. I play it once in a while, it usually takes me a few minutes to get adjusted to the controls again.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

It felt good for me on ps4 but because I already played the ps2 ver and its made for consoles. Heard pc got a really bad port before they remastered it few years a go.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Enragedhydra

@sakaixx said:

It felt good for me on ps4 but because I already played the ps2 ver and its made for consoles. Heard pc got a really bad port before they remastered it few years a go.

I'll just go buy it for the Gamecube

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10556 Posts

i reeeeeeeeeally struggled with controls on the pc. although it's years since i last played it. they wore me down until i had to give up. i bought the remaster for ps4 but haven't played it yet

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59333 Posts

Never really had a problem with it's controls, be it standard controler, wiimote or M+K.

I guess if there was a minor complaint it would be the UI purely driven by keys. But it's old game, I didn't expect them to totally redo the UI.