vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8692 Posts

I've seen a lot of comparisons by the Dead by Daylight community and to me they don't make a lot of sense. DBD is a 1vALL like Friday the 13th, correct? To me that's more of a fair contrast. Texas Chainsaw Massacre feels more like Splinter Cell: Spies vs Mercs MP mode and the exits are the ND133's.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Comparisons/ inspirations in games can be from multiple avenues.

DBD fans may see a comparison way beyond what you have noticed, as context is needed really, but because you've invested in games such as Splinter Cell you too have seen the team for Texas Chainsaw Massacre take nods from the Stealth genre from decades prior.

An example of this is due to Hidetaka san stating DeS combat was heavily inspired by the Monster Hunter series way back when, many/ namely Soul fans/ shrug it off as non comparable experiences.

As someone who plays a ton of MH games I always used that comparison, because I see what he was referring to in those early interviews_ waiting for your moment, avoid attacks and memorising attack patterns, don't get greedy, time your heals wisely. Fundamentally they both have similar cores to being successful in the combat system. Even as far as Elden Ring, that MH DNA in the combat system is still present. Ironically they both also adapted movement with heals around the same time as well, whether as before they both involved long animations being left idle and vulnerable. Now in progress, exploration, Build Stats, and level design the two games couldn't be further from each other as far as ARPGs go.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

A few days in and it has been enjoyable. The matches generally seem quick and not a long, drawn out bore. What it doesn't have is the mood and tension of F13.