Watcha Think Of What You Are Playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Just a thread about what you been playing lately.

Beat Assassins Creed Syndicate the other day. I personally really enjoyed the mechanics. Gameplay has really been perfected after all these entries. It is cool meeting historical figures, but I didn't pay much attention to the story.

Started up on INSIDE yesterday. Seems very similar to Limbo. Crazy how a game with 2 buttons can be so engaging. Only an hour or so in. I am not sure if it is worth the $20 asking price. I had a lot of hype going in since it got a 10 from IGN.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Completely finished with the new TMNT recently, only so many times you can beat Super Shredder till you give up on the game. Despite it being so horribly received, I just love 3D slashers, and still was so-so.

As of now? Recently downloaded Mount and Blade: Warband, played it for an hour and not sure it's my kind of game. I'll try it more after I'm done with D00M.

But overall I just want more DkSIII, that DLC can't come soon enough o__o

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Playing COD: Advanced Warfare right now. I hated the mp when it first came out and I'm finally getting around to playing the campaign. It starts off pretty good, but quickly falls into the same tired cod nonsense. Shoot bad guys level, driving level, shoot bad guys, drive a different vehicle, shoot, drive, stealth level...lame. The driving levels are horrible, and the one level where you fly a jet through a cannon is possibly the worst fly stage EVER. Not to mention piss poor hit detection and this game is trash. The only thing I like is Kevin Spacy and the story at times is ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Im thinking I can never get enough games, and I want to play Necropolis tomorrow.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Street Fighter V

I've been spending a lot of time with my old main Balrog now that he's out. SFV is 10x the game SFIV ever was and I love it. It may be the best fighter I've ever played. The mechanics and balance is exceptional.

It's the best thing to come out of this gen so far.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

The first handful of dungeons were a bit lackluster. The pacing is just a little bit too fast. I consider Zelda to be slower, more contemplative games where you have some time to soak in the atmosphere. In this everything moves very quickly. Or at least, that's what I thought before I got the Master Sword and started the 2nd part of the game. Suddenly, the game feels much meatier, the challenge is considerably higher, and the atmosphere is better.

Pokemon Y (3DS)

I got fairly nostalgic for Pokemon with all the hype for Go, but I played Go and it was a shitty shallow app that just didn't grab me at all. So I went and bought Y after having skipped the last few generations. It's really great and I'm falling into that nice little grinding addiction Pokemon has always been good for. I've only put about 15 hours into it so far and my mons are all around level 30 but I can see myself committing to this one for a while.

Deponia: The Complete Journey (PC)

Really fun adventure game with great art, voice acting and music. A couple sections are getting somewhat tedious but it manages to avoid bullshit adventure game logic so far.

The Long Dark (PC)

Surprisingly fleshed out and hardcore survival sim that takes place in my country (we don't see many games set in Canada.) I was expecting a fairly mediocre walking sim with light survival but was very impressed at just how hard it can be to survive. Can't wait until the story mode launches.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Main game is Watch Dogs right now. It's alright, I never got swept up in the hype from the infamous E3 trailer, so I'm not feeling the disappointment that many did. It's a decent GTA clone, I'm enjoying the hacking side of things, and the amount of control it allows you to have on your surroundings can make for some interesting situations.

What I'm not as keen on is the side missions, such as the ones where you've got to stop vehicles that are transporting stuff like bombs across the city, it's not that I think they're bad, more out of place. So far nothing in the story has had me interacting with street gangs, it's always been cops or rival hacker groups, so it doesn't make sense that you can just randomly take on missions like this.

I'm also on my second day of Pokemon Go. This I'm loving, my only gripe is that I keep running out of Pokeballs, and I while there are a few PokeStops near me all are a 10+ minute walk away, and while I don't mind doing it, it's a little frustrating when I've settled down for the evening, and a few Mons show up near my house and I use up what balls I have left, and then of course something rare shows up. Like tonight the first Pokemon after I run out of balls is a Wartortle, but I know even if I did take the 10 minute walk, he'd be gone when I return and it'd be back to Zubat central. I also can't buy balls right now because I'm in the UK and had to use a US iTunes account to even get the game (which TBH, is a good thing because I'd probably end up wasting a ton of money on this).

The third and final game I'm playing is Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. I hate this game. I had Ages as a kid and loved it, and can't wait to be done with Seasons so I can move onto it, but I've been on Seasons for two months now, and I just have ZERO motivation to play it. I'm not even sure why I'm hating it so much, but everything just feels tedious and the game feels just like it's too long. I am at least close to the end, having just the Sword and Shield dungeon and then Onox's Castle to beat. I want it finished so I can carry on with my plan of beating all the game before Breath of the Wild launches, but it's hard when I'm really not enjoying it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Playing Dying Light these days. It is such a great combination of open world and zombie apocalypse. The world is visually appealing, with attention to little details such as the realistic interior of settlements and houses. Story is decent and side quests not a chore and even the game music is spot on. I had to ramp up the difficulty to hard in order to make the game even more challenging and put more focus on survival. Night time provides even greater challenge with all the volatiles wandering around ready to finish you off which calls for careful planning and moving around.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vespuche

Finished INSIDE today. Game really grew on me. Worth the $20 in my opinion.

A solid 8.5.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Working through Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Almost finished with the third character: Mercedes. Two characters to go. The game is fantastic.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Finished main campaign of Kingdoms of Amalur and its DLC, Teeth of Naros. HUGE game(might be too big for its own good), with pretty extensive lore, very fun combat. Fantastic graphics (but might put some people off since its a little WoW-y). I still have a lot of unexplored dungeons and quests and another pretty sizable DLC (Legend of Dead Kel) but I need a break after close to 200 hours.

Now playing Salt & Sanctuary( and Gemini Rue(Indie Adventure).

Salt & Sanctuary

Loading Video...

Dark Souls in 2D literally. So yeah, winning formula. Love the graphics!

Gemini Rue :

Loading Video...

Azriel Odin, ex-assassin, arrives on the rain-drenched planet of Barracus. When things go horribly wrong, he can only seek help from the very criminals he used to work for.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a man called Delta-Six wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Without knowing where to turn or who to trust, he vows to escape before he loses his identity completely.

As fate brings these two closer together, we discover a world where life is cheap, identities are bought and sold, and a quest for redemption can change the fate of a whole galaxy.

• Over 60 hand-drawn backgrounds
  • A moody, film noir atmosphere
  • Control both Azriel and Delta-Six
  • An innovative investigation system
  • A gripping sci-fi mystery

Fantastic, love the setting and atmosphere. Hit & miss VO (when its good its good...when its not so good, well, its unfortunate).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59180 Posts

@mirgamer said:

Gemini Rue :

Loading Video...

Azriel Odin, ex-assassin, arrives on the rain-drenched planet of Barracus. When things go horribly wrong, he can only seek help from the very criminals he used to work for.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a man called Delta-Six wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Without knowing where to turn or who to trust, he vows to escape before he loses his identity completely.

As fate brings these two closer together, we discover a world where life is cheap, identities are bought and sold, and a quest for redemption can change the fate of a whole galaxy.

• Over 60 hand-drawn backgrounds
  • A moody, film noir atmosphere
  • Control both Azriel and Delta-Six
  • An innovative investigation system
  • A gripping sci-fi mystery

Fantastic, love the setting and atmosphere. Hit & miss VO (when its good its good...when its not so good, well, its unfortunate).

Great game, regardless of rudimentary graphics, it's immensely atmospheric. It would be great to see it expand onto consoles - if only to see the creator get more recognition and income.

OT - Been playing Final Fantasy Realm: Reborn. Although not a fan of the main series, the MMO itself is a wonderful casual experience, the story and characters are great and I look forward to continuing onward to Heavensward.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Bloodborne - enjoyed it so far, working my way back to the point where I can start Old Hunters/ MKX - dont like some of the new characters but its a good game to jump in and out of/ Just Cause 3 - when I have a spare moment and just want to destroy stuff it's a good time killer.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#14 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Pokemon Blue - Great game. There is a lot that is outdated by now, bag size limit and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I enjoy how slow it is compared to the new games in that there's actually some challenge here.

Stories: The Path of Destiny - I'm having a lot of fun with this one. I don't play a ton of indies but this one caught my eye. I think I'll be enjoying this one for a while. Combat feels pretty satisfying if very easy, though I've been suddenly overwhelmed and killed because I wasn't paying attention. The branching paths are good, and I just enjoy the storybook feel to the game.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

mostly playing Ys 7 on the vita at the moment. cool game. its just nice for wailing on monsters at the end of the day. i think 1 Ys game a year (finished celceta last year).....good idea :).

i stopped playing warhammer total war for a while...let it get some patches. overall its excellent but it just needs a few tweaks (the map kinda gets spammed with agents which are a pain to deal with). i think i will start a new campaign after a few patches.

looking forward to the long dark getting its first story mode. its a great game for learning to use the steam controller....and its also an ace game. i got it on a whim due to its linux support and im glad i did.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Finished Zero time Dilemma last night. I have some issues with it, but on the whole it's a worthy ending to the series.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Been playing MC collection lately, trying to beat Halo 1. I'm basically just rushing through it, I just want it to end already. Still don't see what was/is so great about it. I had more fun with the original Perfect Dark.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Been playing a lot of Overwatch on PC lately, trying to master D.Va/Rein/and Tracer so I can use them more effectively in competitive play.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vespuche

@mordant221: Have you played the PTR this week?

D.Va got a Defense Matrix rework. Its a pretty sweet buff.

Avatar image for stanleyhudson12
StanleyHudson12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StanleyHudson12
Member since 2016 • 88 Posts

I've been building up my FIFA 16 Ultimate Team, and playing Mario Party 8 and 9 with my brothers and sisters. I love summer!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The Evil Within

Fallout 4

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Replaying Black flag again and playing fallout 4.

Black flag must be my best game of all time in last couple of years. Fallout 4 I just seem to restart it all time.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vespuche

Bought Everybody's Gone To The Rapture on PS4 cause it was on sale.

Now I have nothing against walking simulators. Gone Home is a favorite of mine. The Stanley Parable was certainly interesting. And I recently played That Dragon, Cancer and enjoyed it.

But I found Gone To The Rapture pretty boring. :( Stopped playing after 20 or so minutes. Maybe I didn't give it a shot. IDK

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#24 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I'm thinking "Will I ever finish any of these games?!?!"

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#25  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I am also playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Maining Evie, as is my tradition. Surprisingly, I think she might be my favourite AC protagonist since Ezio.

It's very... ... Assassin's Creedy, a lot like the last (and so far only) AC game I managed to play to completion, which was Brotherhood. It's not making me pull my hair out in frustration like ACIII, nor is it leaving me bewildered with its nonsense like Black Flag, and it's not coughing up blood and nightmare fuel like Unity, so that's a good sign.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Fallout 4

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

playing Rebel Galaxy. I'm thinking it's good, but can only hold my attention for 30 minutes at a time.

other game I play is Cities SKylines, which is phenomenal.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vespuche

Started playing Invisible Inc. Picked it up during the last Steam sale. Klei is one of my favorite developers. Thay always seem to change up the formula.

It is a grid based stealth game. Gameplay is great. Plus things are randomly generated just like in Don't Starve.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i have bought mad max since its price went down on psn, it's quite repetitive, however i like it so far, sunk about 10 hours into it... it seems to be a decent game, not stellar, not bad, i reckon it sits around a 7 (give or take half a point)...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Started Strider on the ps4 a few days ago, had it since it was a free ps+ game. Loving it so far.

SFV, just downloaded the new characters, Barlog is a beast, might start using him as my go to guy.

ReadyGameNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ReadyGameNews
Member since 2016 • 33 Posts

I am finishing GTA right now even though had it for a long time. Playing Just Cause 3 and Fallout at the same time though. On mobile I play Clash of Clans which is quite addicting and in spare time on pc I might play Point Blank. Sometimes retro hits me and I might get on mac and Super Mario, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and even Spiderman. I am starting a blog guys and if you mind can you check me out? Thanks in advance!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

Metroid for NES (N3DS virtual console)- I came up to a wall, turned into a morphball and started bombing and found an invisible trail that let me to an energy tank. As I had been floating around 30 energy for a long time and nearly dying this blew my mind and made me quite happy.

Yay for games that last 3 hours, cost 5 bucks, and entertain you greatly.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@vespuche said:

Just a thread about what you been playing lately.

Beat Assassins Creed Syndicate the other day. I personally really enjoyed the mechanics. Gameplay has really been perfected after all these entries. It is cool meeting historical figures, but I didn't pay much attention to the story.

Im playing Syndicate right now too. I got it around release but finally got around to playing it.

Im loving it. The zip line is a great addition it makes going around the city fast instead of having to climb everything. Its one of my favourite AC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

A fair amount of Overwatch. It has some problems, but still the best multiplayer FPS I've played since pre-hat Team Fortress 2.

geoboy4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By geoboy4000
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

Been playing Crossout recently.. It's still in closed beta so it's nice watching it all improve as the days/weeks go on.

I think the developers are actually listening to their players as well which is nice.