What happened to Total Annihilation 2, the "Official" sequel to Supreme commander "2"?

Pamela9580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Pamela9580
Member since 2023 • 13 Posts

So to make it official it has to be made by Chris Taylor , who is the man behind Total annihilation 1, TA kingdoms, supreme commander 1, 2, Forged alliance, and there have been offshoots of TA, e.g. planetary annihilation.

Also what advice would you give Chris since he never really beat his performance with total anihilation1, even to this day most mods just try to respawn TA1 with better graphics and a few more units

No in and out zoom or giant units in a way that's more extreme than the c&c level of scale (stupid icons etc like pre RTS a terrible idea imo, it makes the main battle tanks look like impotent ants and you have to watch icons half the game, what a terrible idea imho)

I think he should tune into his audience better see what the mods are and do a professional version of that. Go back to what made him great which was more in line with the Westwood* command and conquer series

So yea whats happening and what advice would you give this lunatic known as Chris Taylor?

Pamela9580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pamela9580

I hate the way the community cries out for say total annihilation 1 with a graphics upgrade and we instead get fking icons and a silly zoom

Or command and conquer 3 which was what we wanted and we instead get f-ing c&c4

When the community makes it OBVIOUS what they want and they dont get it, its very infuriating because we are what makes him big and we get him the money, hes a legend because we loved his work it is us and him together.

You may still make the game for you, for some higher ideal, or take a risk on innovation, but the audience matters too.

I think his psychology is make the new greatest thing and get maximal validation because of that, so hes on the same page as us, but all that leads to is innovation that isnt popular, it leads to greatness that isnt great, it will be clever it may include mobile phones and pc's together playing multiplayer or some, clever innovative, original, massive scale idea, but all we really want is Total Annihilation 2 ie TA1 with a graphics upgrade.

Pamela9580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pamela9580

When the community makes the game you should have made, for you, I think its time to make your audience happy again, and give them what they want

Pamela9580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pamela9580

I think the community only ever wanted total annihilation 2 ie TA1 with better graphics new units , some kind of originality but wo risk (so ra2 was original wo risk, adding many optional sub factions and game modes instead of a zoom and giant units, as the freshness, the originality. But loads of ppl hated the zoom and im sure many were ok with it, but that messed up half the audience, where as the originality in RA2 was liked by nearly everyone)

So cnc1 was a hit like TA1 was but they messed up with cnc2 a weird set of futuristic units and a weird multiplayer balance, then they got right with cnc3 they actually listened to the audience , then they blew it with cnc4

Well chris got it right with TA1, Supcom wasn't bad but it wasnt great either it wasnt what we wanted, it wasnt total annihilation 2, we need the cnc3 of total annihilation and FA wasnt it, look at the mods copy them thats what WE want