What scenes in game(s) made you sad or teary eyed?

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

Most games have a good 'happy ever ending'. But there are some that leave you heartbroken.

Here are the games that hit me hard.

Red Dead Redemption: John Marston had done so much good for the feds. Watching him being betrayed by the backstabbing feds hit me hard. The revenge by his son was some what satisfying to watch.

Final Fantasy X: The scene where Tidus turned into a ghost as Yuna tried to grasp him was rather sad.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Watching Big Boss saluting the grave of his mother realizing she sacrificed her life for the nation who branded her a criminal was heart wrenching.

RE Veronica X: Seeing Steve turn into a monster at the end was heart wrenching.

FFVII: Watching that poor angle Aeris being killed by Sephrinoth was rather sad.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

The death of Dominic's wife in Gears of War 2. Dominic had to kill her; it was the only way to stop her from suffering. I'm not an emotional guy, but that scene really had an impact on me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59175 Posts

Adagio for Strings + sad lady voice

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@uninspiredcup: yup, Homeworld for sure.

Bonus points for being a flipping RTS with no actual visuals of people to further the emotion; I think that makes the emotional impact even more impressive. Just seeing your people get exterminated while a hostile force firebombs your planet was so utterly devastating. Then you have to rescue the survivors that are literally frozen (in suspended animation) on what are basically ice cub trays floating in space.

And yes, 100% perfect music choice. Best us of Adagio for Strings since Platoon.

**** IT! I'm playing Homeworld now. Been a couple years.