Why do you guys choose one platform over other platforms?

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 feeelingg
Member since 2023 • 12 Posts

like why choose Twitch and not choosing YouTube Gaming or are you guys also streaming and watching from other platforms as well?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

On Social platforms, Community for me personally. It's why I join certain Discord servers and leave/ never return to others. I don't really do Twitch or watch people play video games very often. I'd rather do that myself and play a video game. Same reason for gaming boards, I only stick and return here because some people have interesting takes and have some fun discussions. I don't enjoy the lazy dank troIIing on some of these threads but humor is subjective.

As for Gaming platforms and not social platforms. I generally pick those that cater to my gaming preferences. Community is more of a bonus for Gaming platforms, the games I want to play being available is way more important. For example the 3DS and PSP growing up was my Monster Hunter systems, just happened to have friends that also had good taste.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

I'm very into a game called Hunt: Showdown at the moment (PvPvE FPS online game) and enjoy watching others play it on Twitch. Only reason I go to Twitch is that it has the most and biggest streamers, meaning you can always find what you're looking for. The community for the game is actually nice too, since it's mostly 30+ year olds playing it.

I go to YT for trailers or guides or other non-live things. So I basically just use the biggest and easiest platform for whatever I want to do at the moment.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

Back when I bought PS4, I bought it, because Xbox did not have any exclusive games that I wanted to play...

mikecrci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikecrci
Member since 2017 • 67 Posts

For the longest time I was strictly a PS3/PS4 console owner simply because I was living overseas (I'm a DoD civilian), and when I was living and working in Germany when the PS4 was released, that was the only console that was dual-voltage that you could purchase on-post at the Power Zone (basically, the US military version of Best Buy overseas) that I could safely plug into the electrical socket in my downtown German apartment...all you needed was one of those cheap plastic thingies that cost like $2. And of course, I'm a civvie so I was ineligible to live in the barracks (which all come with both 120/220 outlets). And I wasn't about to purchase European versions of any console, for various reasons.

Strangely enough, the North American versions of the PS3/PS4 were NEVER advertised as dual-voltage (the box label stated 120 ONLY), but I can indeed confirm they were dual-voltage machines and worked perfectly fine plugged into a 220 socket.

A few people made the mistake of not reading the fine print, and therefore fried their Wii-Us or Xbox 360s they purchased on-base or brought with them to Europe from the states without using one of those annoying 50-pound transformers before plugging them into a European outlet.

This generation I went with the Xbox Series X, and I'm sticking with it since they are dual-voltage. So when the time comes I get another overseas assignment, no need to worry.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Choose PC over all the consoles and have done since the PS4/X1 generation

My last console I bought as a my main gaming device was the Xbox 360, skipped consoles ever since

What drew me to PC Initially was the horror games that you couldn't play else were.

I'm a massive fan of horror games Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fear Effect, Project 0, etc.

So when I seen Amnesia Dark Descent on you tube I was like, errrr what's this I need to play it

Then I discovered Penumbra, Outlast was then released and you had all the indie horror games like the NCP stuff it.

I found once you have the coughed up the initial.high cost for a PC there wasn't anything on offer on consoles to tempt me back

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

I prefer consoles as I don't have to spend two grands every four years to keep up with the PC hardware. At the fraction of a price, I can play most if not all AAA games with decent graphics and gameplay.

I prefer Playstation over Switch and Xbox due to its extensive list of exclusives for adult gamers that are gems Uncharted, LoU, Spiderman, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, and many more.

Talking about social media, I prefer X over Facebook (use rarely) as the posts are concise and to the point. Also, there are less ads.

YouTube is obviously a king of free video streaming if used with AdBlock browsers such as Opera. Twitch streaming has hiccups with slow internet connection so I don't watch it.

Lastly, I like PakGamers.com and GameSpot gaming forums to mingle with gamers as these forums as less moderated as compared to other popular forums.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

Usually the ones I get the most out of.

Franklin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Franklin007
Member since 2023 • 4 Posts

Great question! Personally, I chose Twitch over other platforms because it seemed to have a more established and active gaming community. The platform's features, such as chat interaction and emotes, create a unique and engaging experience for both streamers and viewers.

That said, I'm not exclusively tied to one platform. I also explore content on YouTube Gaming and occasionally check out streams on other platforms. Each platform has its strengths and unique offerings, and it's interesting to see how different communities thrive on each.

It really boils down to personal preference and the specific features that resonate with both content creators and viewers.