tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

I haven’t played a yakuza game yet and I just started playing yakuza like a dragon last night. Im current where he just was released from prison and found out his boss has joined another clan or gang. So far I really like the story and the writing. The combat has been decent but super super easy. Does the actual gameplay get any better or is it a game that just relies on it’s good story?? Also is there a point in leveling up your character? Do you unlock new skills and abilities?? Thanks for the info anyone who chooses to respond.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

The franchise isn't really that challenging unless you go out your way to do side-quest activities and challenges.

It's more about the ride and mini-games.

You will unlock the more you do, these are not short games, so just see how you feel as you play.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

I played the first 2 hours and it's okay. The combat wasn't for me.

The Yakuza game you should be playing is Yakuza 0.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

The game is worth playing and for me it turned for the better once you end up going to that other (smaller) city area. The side quests were fun and broke up the main story well.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

Does anybody knows which Yakuza has the most voice acting? Is Yakuza 0 only partially voice acted?

Avatar image for kirkalbuquerque
KirkAlbuquerque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KirkAlbuquerque
Member since 2020 • 292 Posts

Not as a jrpg, no. As a Yakuza game, sure it’s good.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@tpz4sheezy: its a pretty average jrpg with shit balancing. There are spots where difficulty will jump meaning u kinda have to grind. The story part its pretty good I personally rank it on 3rd or 4th best Yakuza series plot.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tpz4sheezy

A little update. I will answer my question. I really liked it!!! The story was really good and the humor was great!!! The fighting was a little too easy, I only died maybe 4x my entire playthrough but it was still enjoyable. The place where the game really shines is the side missions. I got every single diploma, got an S on all the movies, Kart races and trash can pick up. I also beat every floor of the fight tower thingie. I’m gonna def play the newish detective game I believe is in the same yakuza universe, once I beat baldurs gate 3 and star field ( I know that may be 20 years but that will prob be next after those games lol.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tpz4sheezy

A little update. I will answer my question. I really liked it!!! The story was really good and the humor was great!!! The fighting was a little too easy, I only died maybe 4x my entire playthrough but it was still enjoyable. The place where the game really shines is the side missions. I got every single diploma, got an S on all the movies, Kart races and trash can pick up. I also beat every floor of the fight tower thingie. I’m gonna def play the newish detective game I believe is in the same yakuza universe, once I beat baldurs gate 3 and star field ( I know that may be 20 years but that will prob be next after those games lol.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tpz4sheezy

Also, how do the other yakuza games look compared to this one and how are the game mechanics? Do both seem outdated by todays standards after playing like a dragon?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@tpz4sheezy: all other yakuza games is RPG brawler. Yakuza 0, 6, kiwami 1, Kiwami 2, Judgement and Lost Judgement plays almost the same so u can go from one game to another pretty seamlessly and the games been pretty refined. All these games released during the PS4 era which devs pretty much got the gameplay nailed.

The below is from PS3 they still learning the PS3 tech and u kinda feels it. All available as remasters for PS and all other platforms.

Yakuza 3 is very dated. Yakuza 4 has personally the best story my fav to play I really loved the police detective story I think he needs to return. Yakuza 5 has a really good story and gameplay is as refined as the PS4 entries but its goddamn way too long and fast travel points is awful.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Well you answered your own queries through experience; the best way to do it! Glad it got its hooks into you. I suggest Yakuza 0 if you want to try the classic style of the franchise.