Would you pay 15-25 bucks to have your small idea turned into a video game and developed for your own use?

ShadowScrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By ShadowScrew

Poll Would you pay 15-25 bucks to have your small idea turned into a video game and developed for your own use? (7 votes)

Yes 86%
No 14%

Just out of curiosity, also if you have more suggestions to add such as different prices (be mindful of the development cost though) and execution of the idea, feel free to leave a comment regarding it. And of course, the costs would also depend on the type and content of that project.

• 
ShadowScrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ShadowScrew
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@toddiokart: Ok, I will try to clarify, if there was an organization of people that would take in small ideas for any kind of video games, from anyone and would execute the development part for them requiring only some amount of money and the ideas on paper themselves, and at the end, deliver the game within a deadline for their personal use would you be willing to spend money on it?

angel9ramos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 angel9ramos7
Member since 2015 • 137 Posts

I had a project in high school where you have to build a business. I had your same idea and realized it's not profitable. I'm an animator for fun and the amount of time for very simple asset creation and animation is so much. I made a scene where a small plane crashes and that took about 10 hours. It was for fun and while it was smoothly animated, the assets were n64 quality at best.

I even had a simple job of painting a briefcase in good quality and that took about 3 hours.

It would simply be too much work for $25. That hardly covers the cost of the electricity used. But my teacher had no idea about video games so she loved the idea.