As someone who had used Android for a while, do you think it would be worthwhile to switch to iOS?

bronzeheart92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bronzeheart92
Member since 2017 • 129 Posts

Now, I'm not that big of an Apple person to be honest but if I would have to choose only 1 Apple device, it would have to the iPhone. Seems more reliable than Android in a way.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

wat

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

I wouldn't. I have a couple family members with iPhones and get annoyed whenever I have to use them. As far as reliability, Android is on many different sets of hardware from many different companies with many different skins, so your mileage will vary. I had a OnePlus One that was great with a barely off stock Android that made the options and settings easy to find and easy to tailor to my needs. Now, however, with a Samsung Galaxy S8, it's a struggle between Android and Samsung software with more app issues. That being said, I've also noticed a much higher percentage of iOS users having issues with updates and Simpsons Tapped Out (really the only game I frequent a site about).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

iOS is more restricted than Android. For example, using removable storage is a hallmark of Android devices while it's non-existent in iOS. Android is more flexible overall.

The one thing I like in iOS is multiplatform apps tend to be better. For example, the DirecTV app on iOS is smoother and better coded than its Android counterpart to the point I stuck with the iOS version. When we had Cox Cable, it was the same situation. The iOS version was better.

Avatar image for jayrealmedianow
jayrealmedianow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jayrealmedianow
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

It really depends on what you use your phone for. If you love taking pictures nothing comes close to the Google Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S8 also has a very good camera but an iPhone would not be your first choice. For gaming iPhone's are one of the best devices, they are lag free with great RAM management. But the phone with the best display is the Samsung Galaxy S8, with the curved screen and Quad HD and Super AMOLED panel. So, it really comes down to your mobile usage. Hope this helps.

Jay

Real Media Now

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

You could enjoy iOS via an ipad

dvirazran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dvirazran
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

Don't do it.

vpvelev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vpvelev
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

It is best to have both :)

ChristianSino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChristianSino
Member since 2018 • 29 Posts

Do you play Fortnite? iPhone version is just released. Android users have to wait.. Almost all mobile games (and apps) are usually "iPhone first". It's easier for the developers to build them, they take more time to get them to be really good and make more money. If you are not into gaming, you don't mind to wait or can bare some issues then I don't see a reason to change.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I think both platforms are very similar, but there is more tinkering (emulation/homebrew) on Android than IOS.

If you go for Android and do not live in the US, I would highly recommend the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

However, the IPhone XS Max is a very good phone too.

weezbeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 weezbeez
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

iOS always better than Android. I am a developer and using both platforms. iOS is safe and stable and this is very important in my opinion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

iOS and iPhone. Don’t listen to the people here. You can customize your iPhone’s homescreen, control center, notification center and whatever else is pertinent in terms of useability and utility.

You can run emulators/ROM’s and homebrew apps just as easily with less bugs and better RAM management and at completely no risk of contracting a virus or malware

All games come out first on iOS and typically run much smoother than its Android counterpart when it ports over much much much later. For example, we’ve had fortnite for over a year now on iOS, runs beautifully on the newer iPhones and iPads, cross-platform multiplayer with PC, PS4, and XBox, yet no version for Android to be found.

Camera on the last two iPhones especially this years model are just the same. Also don’t listen to what these people are saying. Any difference in quality in this years flagships are completely negligible, and there are mixed opinions based on bias alone. I will note that there are much more professional photographers choosing to go with the iPhones camera over any Android in the market. Google “iPhone Photography” and “shot with iPhone” to get the gist of how prevalent iPhone use in the photo industry actually is by top renown photographers

FishingGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FishingGo
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

i think both is good it depend on what you need