HeroCry Saga, A Chibi-filled RPG you might like.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

HeroCry Saga from Monster Smile Inc is an RPG Gacha game for Android and iOS. I've played it for a week before dropping it and thought of creating a quick review for the game topractice my writing skill. So here is my quick review for the game.

Story: It has 8 chapters for normal mode and hard mode but the real backstory of the game is kinda 'meh' and nothing so unique so let's skip this one. But for the summary of it, you're a mercenary/ hero tasked on defeating evil of the land.

Gameplay: The game is a party-based RPG that uses Turn-based system similar to gacha games like Netmarble's Seven Knights, where your characters run on the dungeon and beat any opponent that tries to stop them. Before entering the dungeon, the player must assemble his party of 5 and rush through it until he/she finally defeated the boss for the chapter. And of course being a mobile game it has an auto-play for grinding weaker dungeons.

Characters: Now this is where the game starts to be exciting, in their character department. The chibi heroes are really cute and really a treat for the eyes making auto-play not so boring. The game has a lot to offer, from a generic knight to a cute ninja apprentice, everything is really worth to get. And the cutscenes from their special attacks are attention grabber for the very first time they use it.

Game Modes: There are two major extra game mode except for the classic mode, the Arena and World Boss. Arena is a common game mode in mobile games where you compete with other players. While World Boss is some what more exciting since you'll be pitting your favorite characters to beat a single ultra hard boss, giving more challenge and a satisfying feeling of beating a boss, and also achieving huge rewards for beating it.

Cons: But all games has it own flaw and this game is no exception. First of all, it has no solid story. Second, the game could be tiring if you can't beat a chapter and you need to start grinding on lower level. Third, The game is kinda repetitive. Lastly, the game would really be boring if the devs don't update the game with new contents.

Personally, I believe it has potential for visuals alone but games like this isn't that common. BUT even though it's common doesn't mean that the game has no sense or anything worth it, it still has it's own charm and uniqueness compare to other gacha games. Well thanks if you managed to read this until here and I'm also apologizing since I'm still not good on writing and explaining stuffs but I'm currently practicing to improve it so any feedback on my review or the game would be nice. And lastly, here are the links for the the actual game and another review I've used as my basis or a guide before actually playing the game.

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/herocry-saga/id1298435811?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monsmile.herocrysaga.android.global&hl=en

Other Reviews you might find helpful: http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=mobirumdiscovery&bbsId=1663&id=1006759