Now Official: BlackBerry Priv (Venice) With Android

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

BlackBerry has officially announced the BlackBerry Priv (BlackBerry Venice) with Android. The device will be released before the end of 2015 (rumours have been pointing towards an October launch).

the company will launch a flagship slider device, Priv, which will run on the Android operating system, bringing together the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform. In combination with BlackBerry's efforts to support Android for Work on the BES12 platform, the new device will offer best in class security for enterprise customers. BlackBerry expects the device to be available late in the calendar year in major markets in-store and online, and will release further details in the coming weeks.

Credit BlackBerry Press Release
Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

This is quite sad to see... I wish android APKs worked flawlessly on BB10 OS. I really loved the Passport but since I couldn't do most of what I could do on any Android or iOS device, I had to go back to my iPhone 5S.

Am I the only one who thinks the slider design is a bit odd to type on? Maybe it'll grow on me if I ever buy this.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@bravo632 said:

This is quite sad to see... I wish android APKs worked flawlessly on BB10 OS. I really loved the Passport but since I couldn't do most of what I could do on any Android or iOS device, I had to go back to my iPhone 5S.

Am I the only one who thinks the slider design is a bit odd to type on? Maybe it'll grow on me if I ever buy this.

Although still unannounced, there is a version of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition with Android:

As for the Priv, the display is the only part that slides, so the majority of the phone's weight is not shifted when the keyboard is being used. In other words, it shouldn't feel top heavy.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Big yawn.