My Gamepad Is Ready For Mario Kart 8. Is Yours?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

This is actually just a prototype. I've adjusted the draft to have the following:

- slightly decreased brightness

- increased saturation

- slightly increased contrast

- increased resolution

- marginally larger Mario Kart 8 logo

What I'm really thinking about is doing this as a giveaway on my channel. However, I thought it would be wise to get some feedback on it before I do a giveaway for something no one wants, lol! Let me know what you think!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I bought the Wii U at launch (actually own two of them), but I'm not into Mario Kart series after owning the last 7, so to answer, no I'm not ready.

It's not my kind of series. I'm not into racers and Mario Kart was where I tried to draw the line, but it just does nothing for me. I may buy next year for $20 though, if I'm bored and hosting a party that could use the game.

Did you make that product? If so, you seem to have done a neat job.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

How much did you increase the resolution? Any chance you can take a video to compare old to new?

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Lol, so basically you're saying you just stuck stickers on it?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I appreciate your wanting to do something for the community as a whole but I think you need to reevaluate your direction.

The execution needs a bit of work.

I wouldn't go forward with your idea but I would go forward with ideas, you never know when you're going to hit the mark.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i don't get the point of this thread?

how do you increase the resolution on the gamepad? its impossible.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

@KBFloYd said:

He's talking about the stickers

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZyroXZ2
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

How much did you increase the resolution? Any chance you can take a video to compare old to new?

I increased the base image from 1660x880 to 3800x2000; I don't have the increased resolution ones made yet.

@ttualumni13 said:

Lol, so basically you're saying you just stuck stickers on it?

In lamens terms, yes and no. It's not plural, it's a protective skin that covers the entire face of the Gamepad from its annoyingly fingerprint-friendly, scratch-attracting gloss finish. Obviously, the print is custom made, but the added benefit of protecting that lame surface (okay, gloss looks good for pictures, I'll give them that) has been serving me really well. So yes, yes it's a single massive sticker :D

@Jaysonguy said:

I appreciate your wanting to do something for the community as a whole but I think you need to reevaluate your direction.

The execution needs a bit of work.

I wouldn't go forward with your idea but I would go forward with ideas, you never know when you're going to hit the mark.

I'm not sure you read it, but it's already been enhanced since this prototype. The concept is what I'm getting feedback on, and so far it's been mostly positive from people. Not everyone wants to "decorate" their electronics, and I personally don't like to, either. However, not only is Mario Kart 8 a big deal, but as aforementioned, the protection of the Gamepad is also an equally useful benefit.

@KBFloYd said:

Haha, no no, the imagery, not the screen!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Lol I apologize. I was being a smart ass because I thought you were claiming to have increased the resolution of the gamepad :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

@zyroxz2 said:
I'm not sure you read it, but it's already been enhanced since this prototype. The concept is what I'm getting feedback on, and so far it's been mostly positive from people. Not everyone wants to "decorate" their electronics, and I personally don't like to, either. However, not only is Mario Kart 8 a big deal, but as aforementioned, the protection of the Gamepad is also an equally useful benefit.

I'm confused, what is it protecting?

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZyroXZ2
@Jaysonguy said:

@zyroxz2 said:

I'm confused, what is it protecting?

I literally answered that in the same post you quoted from... lol... Unless you're trolling, in which then I could never satiate your need to qualify your distaste for anything Nintendo, hahaha

Necrotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 3

#12 Necrotron
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

Love what you did to spruce up the white gamepad.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

mine is ready.