Farewell to the Nintendo 3DS (tribute vid from a former G4 show)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Anyone remember when G4 (or preferably TechTV to some people) was good? Well one of those shows is still around and is a 100% YouTube channel now. Good ol' Electric Playground gives it's final farewell to the platform:

The video even features 2/3's of What's Good Games (Andrea and Brittany), Jools Watsham from Renegade Kid, Kevin Cassidy of GoNintendo, Greg Miller of Kinda Funny and even some former EPN members like Shaun Hatton and Marissa Roberto (no Tommy Tallarico sadly, but he's been busy between VGL and his work at Intellivision).

Reminds me of the good ol' days of that channel and as a tribute to the platform, I thought it was great. The 3DS was still damn solid, and it will be missed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I watched a little over half of the video.

Yeah, the 3DS. In a way the 3DS kind of paralleled all of these years I've been living on my own since I moved. I was looking forward to the system, but kind of pre-ordered it on a whim shortly before launch. The Mii functionality and Streetpass were really the best early things about the system, and probably the first decent game I remember getting was the Ocarina of Time 3D port. Fire Emblem Awakening was really a high point in the life of that device, imo. And when Pokemon Red and Blue, Gold and Silver were all added to the system complete with online functionality, that was just great.

I think the 3DS was a great handheld, but if I am being honest I think the DS had more great games and a better variety of games in its time. But it was clearly a success, and people were happy with its offerings.

There are things I'll miss about it, but the 3DS has been exiting the stage for the last couple of years now.