KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

They get rid of the blue shell. or at least limit it to once a game.

I swear to god i cant win a single match anymore because of that thing. IF any game i get lucky and actually get to first i get hit and end up 6th or 11th.

What is the point of it? its supposed to shorten the distance between 1st place and the rest right? Its supposed to give 2nd or 3rd place a chance to win? however i see the same person winning match after match. he is so far ahead even when he gets hit he still stays in first.

so the blue shell doesnt even do its job. all it does is keep lesser skill players from getting first. So it actually does the opposite of what its meant for.

This shit needs to go away. It destroyed my mario kart experience. I mean if you want to keep it at least limit it to once a game or something. But the dam thing comes up 4 times a game sometimes! its ridiculous.

I know what you are going to say.....GET GUD. i'm sorry but some people suck at games and thats how it is. This horrible item keeps lesser or average skill people from winning. and keeps the same people winning 1st over and over.

The whole point of items in mario kart is to get a lucky item and win 1st place. but this shit makes it impossible for me.

I Eagerly await the mario kart 9 trailer.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@KBFloYd:

The original SNES game doesn't have the Blue Shell in it. (At least that's the only game that I know of that doesn't have it.)

The only time I've actually began to get frustrated with the Blue Shell is in MK7. It's thrown way too much in that game. 3 times in a race or more sometimes.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

I think everyone has had a bad experience with blue shells.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

No problem for me. I usually am so far ahead that the blue shell doesn't matter, or if I'm not, I'm grateful for the existence of the blue shell, so I have a bigger chance to catch up to the guy in the lead.

Sure, there are a couple times when I've been in the lead, and the last bit gets fucked because I got hit by a blue shell near the end of the race, but... tough luck. Since I'm good at the game, that happens quite rarely.

So yeah. Get better or stop playing if it's that big of a deal for you. I wouldn't mind if the blue shell came back to the next Mario Kart. I also wouldn't mind if it didn't. I miss the items from Double Dash more than anything else.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

@Litchie said:

No problem for me. I usually am so far ahead that the blue shell doesn't matter, or if I'm not, I'm grateful for the existence of the blue shell, so I have a bigger chance to catch up to the guy in the lead.

Sure, there are a couple times when I've been in the lead, and the last bit gets fucked because I got hit by a blue shell near the end of the race, but... tough luck. Since I'm good at the game, that happens quite rarely.

So yeah. Get better or stop playing if it's that big of a deal for you. I wouldn't mind if the blue shell came back to the next Mario Kart. I also wouldn't mind if it didn't. I miss the items from Double Dash more than anything else.

so you actually dont care if its there or not so then why tell me to quit playing?

why not say i hope they remove it for you or something? then maybe the community would be a bit bigger and more people for you to race with.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd
@speeny said:

@KBFloYd:

The original SNES game doesn't have the Blue Shell in it. (At least that's the only game that I know of that doesn't have it.)

The only time I've actually began to get frustrated with the Blue Shell is in MK7. It's thrown way too much in that game. 3 times in a race or more sometimes.

in mario kart 64 the blue shell was the rarest item in the game. you could go a whole 2 races or more before you even saw it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9411 Posts

Mario Kart is the Mario Party of racing games

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Litchie

@KBFloYd: Yeah, sure. I hope they remove it for you then. :p I'm not sure though, I might miss it if they remove it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Git Gud son.

You have to strategize.

If you have guys close, let them overtake and they take the hit.

Or be far enough ahead a Blue Shell won't really matter.

It can actually help you gain a bigger lead if you play it right.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

I have a cure for your blue-shell depression.

Battle Mode.

Your welcome.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i'm sorry but some people suck at games and thats how it is. This horrible item keeps lesser or average skill people from winning.

What keeps you from winning is your lack of skill, just like it's supposed to be. But that you feel entitled to win something you're not good at says a lot about you. Congrats.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I like the blue shell. It adds to the chaos and keeps you on your toes

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Speeny

@KBFloYd: Just a tip, if you really want to feel satisfied you can dodge the Blue Shell with a single mushroom. Gotta time it right just as it's about to come down and hit you.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Litchie

@Nuck81 said:

Git Gud son.

You have to strategize.

If you have guys close, let them overtake and they take the hit.

Or be far enough ahead a Blue Shell won't really matter.

It can actually help you gain a bigger lead if you play it right.

Yup. TC just needs to get better at the game.

@speeny said:

@KBFloYd: Just a tip, if you really want to feel satisfied you can dodge the Blue Shell with a single mushroom. Gotta time it right just as it's about to come down and hit you.

That's also possible, but I doubt TC would be able to do the mushroom trick, since he's having a hard time with the game as it is.

The blue shell has been in Mario Kart since the N64. I don't understand why TC think the blue shell is a bigger problem now than before and that they should remove it all of a sudden. Especially since they added the super horn item that can destroy blue shells before they hit you.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

@Justinps2hero said:

I have a cure for your blue-shell depression.

Battle Mode.

Your welcome.

dont get me started on battle mode.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

What don't you like about battle mode? You are slightly coming across as someone who doesn't take losing very well.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@Justinps2hero said:

What don't you like about battle mode? You are slightly coming across as someone who doesn't take losing very well.

no i dont like losing. If i am constantly losing then i will quit the game and not play it anymore. whats the point of playing a game you are bad at?

as for battle mode. i think there are too many players. 12 people in battle mode is too chaotic. like its just going in circles hitting each other over and over. it gets boring really fast. at least in mario kart 64 or double dash it was only 4 players and there was splitscreen to everybody could see what everybody was doing. makes the game more strategic. i think battle mode needs to have a "for glory" mode like smash bros did and let you play 4 player battles with splitscreen.

also they force you to play every mode. i dont like shine theif and dont really care for the cops and robbers one too. collect the coins is ok. balloon battle is fine.you should be able to choose which mode you want to play seperately. if no one wants to play a certain mode then that means no one likes it. then maybe nintendo can remove it and put in something better.

battle mode used to be something i could play for hours with my friends but now its just a chaotic kill any thing that moves in front of you over and over and i get bored fast.

i guess you could also make the arguement i suck at battlemode too. lol

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Speeny

@KBFloYd: Yeah, I think from what you've stated it's probably best for you to be done with the game, and that's totally fine.

However, if you want to get better at the racing aspect...there's so many details I could go into but it's better to play more on the defensive side. Always making sure that a shell or banana is behind you when necessary. Sometimes you gotta accept that you will be coming 2nd or 3rd and that's always why it's better to play defensive. Just to save those spots. It's not a guarantee, but it helps.

Mario Kart rely's heavily on luck, but it's also about knowing when to use the items at the right moment. I started watching more competitive players on Youtube such as Mankalor and I think I learned a lot from him. Item smuggling/sandbagging is something that you could do as well just for fun but it's not for everyone.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KBFloYd

@speeny said:

@KBFloYd: Yeah, I think from what you've stated it's probably best for you to be done with the game, and that's totally fine.

However, if you want to get better at the racing aspect...there's so many details I could go into but it's better to play more on the defensive side. Always making sure that a shell or banana is behind you when necessary. Sometimes you gotta accept that you will be coming 2nd or 3rd and that's always why it's better to play defensive. Just to save those spots. It's not a guarantee, but it helps.

Mario Kart rely's heavily on luck, but it's also about knowing when to use the items at the right moment. I started watching more competitive players on Youtube such as Mankalor and I think I learned a lot from him. Item smuggling/sandbagging is something that you could do as well just for fun but it's not for everyone.

i think a big reason i suck now is the steering. in mario kart 64 and double dash you could make U-turns at any moment. the turns were super responsive and sharp. ever since mario kart DS on the DS they went like back to the SNES style where you cant really turn well. now turning sharp corners depends on preparing for it and drifting in the right spot and stuff. its just so complicated to make shortcuts and turns now compared to before. it feels like im driving a tank. i really wish theyd go back to the 64/double dash style of steering.

i think thats a big part of the reason i suck.

also if you are going full speed and you even slightly touch a corner you completely almost stop to a crawl. your momentum completely stops and gives everyone a chance to pass you up. i also super hate that. other mario karts were more forgiving with bumping into walls and corners.