Once you buy a cartridge, is that game downloadable too?

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SBan83
Member since 2019 • 119 Posts

If you buy a game cartridge, does that game go on your Nintendo account's digital ownership record too? So that in case your cartridge gets damaged or misplaced, you can still play the game by downloading it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Seems like a good idea but as @xantufrog mentioned, no can do. :(

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SBan83

Figures. It's the same on Sony too. Wish games had digital rights like some movie blurays do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Not at all. Would be a cool idea, though.

DList4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DList4ever
Member since 2019 • 213 Posts

@sban83: No. But. I did find out that if you go into the profile in System Settings within something like 30 days (?) there's a place you can get like a buck or two off for a later purchase in their eshop. You just have to go in and get the "coins." Obviously, the more expensive the game, the more coins they give you and they seem to be a standard 1 coin = 1 cent rate.

After you get the coins, as far as I know, they don't seem to expire so when you see the game you want to use the discount for, you can tell it to use however many coins you want it to and then pay cash for the rest (if there's still $$$ owed at least). Granted, it ain't a lot but, I gotta admit that between having those coins just quietly clocking up as I've been doing my thing and the majorly weird discounting going on in the eshop, I've managed to pick up a couple of pretty solid games for free and/or heavily discounted that way- like picked up that $60 Lego HP re-release for a much more reasonable $17 and Jedi Knight Outcast for free type of discounted.

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SBan83

@dlist4ever said:

@sban83: No. But. I did find out that if you go into the profile in System Settings within something like 30 days (?) there's a place you can get like a buck or two off for a later purchase in their eshop. You just have to go in and get the "coins." Obviously, the more expensive the game, the more coins they give you and they seem to be a standard 1 coin = 1 cent rate.

After you get the coins, as far as I know, they don't seem to expire so when you see the game you want to use the discount for, you can tell it to use however many coins you want it to and then pay cash for the rest (if there's still $$$ owed at least). Granted, it ain't a lot but, I gotta admit that between having those coins just quietly clocking up as I've been doing my thing and the majorly weird discounting going on in the eshop, I've managed to pick up a couple of pretty solid games for free and/or heavily discounted that way- like picked up that $60 Lego HP re-release for a much more reasonable $17 and Jedi Knight Outcast for free type of discounted.

Thanks, didn't know that. Just redeemed my most recent boxed purchase. Yea, it's not much like you said, but it's something.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 0

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

No because you could buy the cart., claim the game and then sell the cart.