What I think the Nintendo Switch successor should be.

hd_hammah_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 hd_hammah_17
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

I think there are some improvements that could be used for a new Nintendo system to come out in Spring 2023. If they follow these 3 additional steps, and keep the rest of what they're doing with the Switch now, they will own even more of the gaming world then they already do.

1. Keep the hybrid concept, but modify it. What I mean is basically have the core system be reminiscent of the GBA SP/DS/3DS clamshell design, but with a wireless transmitter built in, and also have an HDMI dongle similar to a FireStick that you connect to your TV and power via USB. Basically the system itself will be a full-fledged clamshell handheld system (with only one screen though), and all the dongle is for is to stream video and audio signals over to the TV via bluetooth or WiFi. There'd also need to be a switch on the system to switch from TV casting to the screen on the actual handheld. If you don't wanna have to cost more with an HDMI dongle you could simply include Chromecast/Fire TV/Roku/Apple TV support for this device.
  2. Have hardware that's a little more capable of holding its own. A huge part of the appeal and reason for the success of the Switch is the fact that you can play major home console games portably. But if they don't shape up soon, they're gonna lose that advantage and be in the same boat as they were with the Wii U. They should aim for the halfway (or two-thirds way) point between the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and the PS5/Xbox Series X in terms of horsepower and performance. It will be somewhat compromised to being a portable system at heart, but it should be on the level where they'll end up receiving all the major third-party games alongside the other platforms.
  3. Make great games. Keep up the momentum they have right now with the Switch game library. Go over to major game studios with assless chaps on asking what you need to do to get all the blockbuster games that haven't come to the Switch yet like Grand Theft Auto, Madden NFL, Call of Duty, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy, Yakuza, Borderlands, Star Wars, etc. Make sure to appease the ones who are already there and keep those games coming. Keep on making Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Splatoon, Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Excite, Star Fox, Xenoblade,and Earthbound, bring all of those series into the forefront.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

They could call it the Nintendo Switcheroo in keeping with Nintendo's strange tradition of giving new products names that confuse costumers because they sound like an iteration of an existing product (NES and Super NES; Game Boy and Game Boy Advance; DS and 3DS; Wii and Wii U).

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

I think there all ready is a successor to the Switch. It plays Switch Games and is handheld only. It’s called The Switch Lite. I have one.