Would it be possible to have GameSpot Prize Tournaments for SSBB?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
I am aware that most of the $1000 tournaments for GS exclusive subscribers are done with PC and Xbox360 games probably because Xbox Live is a great online system and PC gaming servers are easy to set up.

I was wondering if it is going to be possible for GS to hold a tournament for SSBB whenever it comes out in the future as I would love to see one. I hear about all these friend codes that must be distributed before you could play due to the "Dont play with strangers" policy. Hopefully theres a workaround that.

I do not care about winning the prize or finishing in last place, I just want to play in these tournaments for fun, playing in a tournament makes you better since you realize your weaknesses faster than playing against the A.I. bots. I do not feel like travelling to participate in Major League Gaming events.
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
I think that would be cool. I also think that its possible, didn't they just have a PSP game tournament? If so, they should have a tournament for the Wii too.
supersruzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supersruzz
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
Of course. If the console can play online then Gamespot can organize a tournament. Especially for a game thats supposed to be as good as everyone hopes it'll be.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alpax
I am not sure how the Playstation Network gaming system works, but if its possible to do it on a PSP, then I guess it is possible to do it on the Wii
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alpax
^. Theres gotta be more SSBB players out there
MoodyFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 MoodyFlame
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
I think that would be cool. I also think that its possible, didn't they just have a PSP game tournament? If so, they should have a tournament for the Wii too.MiiforWii
but wii uses friend codes, PSP, doesnt!
coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts

you could just play against random people......

I don't see the point of entering a tournament if you aren't planning on winning.....

thats why....if there is a tournament....I'll be first to sign up