8 Years since Heath Ledger died, anybody miss him?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Died: 24 Jan,2008.

Loved him so much in 10 Things i hate about you, A Knights Tale besides TDK. World sure missed one of the greatest charming actor EVER.I miss him more as Brittany Murphy ( Another of my fav Teen crush) over Robin Williams, MJ or other celebrities who died in last 10 years. Maybe i miss them both as they died very young. Dunno.

Its 2016, do you still miss Heath Ledger OT? I do, can't beleive Patrick Verona is dead :(

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I sure do, he certainly seemed to be entering the prime of his career. While I'm watching films many times I think about who else could play some of the roles and Ledger's name comes to mind repeatedly.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I cant say I have been genuinely upset about a celebrity death to date but there are a few celebrities that I anticipate that I will miss.

David Attenborough
David Jason

The day I see a nature documentary produced by the BBC that isnt voiced by Attenborough will be sad.
The day I watch an only fools and horses repeat knowing Grandad, Uncle Albert and Derek are no longer alive will be sad. Iv watched the shows so frequently (as have most Brits) the characters are timeless but the actors clearly are not. I think thats always a sad realisation.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I miss Patrick Swayze also :(

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5  Edited By Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I don't miss anyone who dies a drug addict. Those who probably miss him are all his enablers and sycophants who leeched money from him. The stupid asshole died while they claim he accidentally took 11+ painkillers. Opiates that are given to people who've suffered severed limbs this guy was popping like skittles. **** him.

It wasn't HIS joker as people continue to wrongly declare... he was merely acting as he was told to. It was the first time they accurately portrayed the joker from the comics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59334 Posts

Didn't know him.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I didn't know him personally, so I only miss him professionally.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

He was a great actor of his time and died too young. Had he not died of a drug overdose, you could have done so much more later on.

It's a shame for any young man or woman to die so abruptly.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

The only actor i really miss is leonard Nimoy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

Miss? That is a bit strong; wasn't really a fan of his work as a whole, though he was a good actor imo. I mean, outside of his role as the Joker, I don't think he really did anything special.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I could see him playing a prominent role in Game of Thrones today if he were still alive. He could do a deep Thor esque voice when he wanted. Would have worked well for a role set in the middle ages.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19682 Posts

Heath Ledger's death in 2008 reminded me of Brandon Lee's death in 1993. They were both about to launch their careers with dark superhero movies (The Crow and The Dark Knight). They both played dark psychotic characters that wore white make-up with a big smile. Their performances were similar, with the same kind of aesthetic, posture, and stare. They both died under mysterious circumstances while their movies were being filmed. They both died at the age of 28. There was an almost exactly 15-year gap between their deaths. And they both became more well-known after they died than when they were alive.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup  Online

@Skarwolf: Internet bile at it's finest.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Im sure his family and friends do

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Yeah sure, I miss him. It was a terrible tragedy. There are many I miss. It would take too long to list them all.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skarwolf

@uninspiredcup said:

Truth hurts kid.

Xanax, Valium, Unisom, Restoril, Vicodin, OxyContin-two downers, two sleeping pills, and two painkillers of a strength used for bone cancer. Yeah he accidentally took them. Pill popping coke head scumbag. Thats what he was.

He was a drug addict who deserves our scorn for ruining the lives of everyone who was related to him. Nobody mentions his kids. What about them ? I don't say friends because most were probably nothing more then leeches.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup  Online

Yes.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Skarwolf: I don't see how you have the right to judge someone who's life you know nothing about. We all have our problems and weaknesses and our own ways of coping with them. I doubt you are in a position to judge him as his life was no doubt much different than your own. Doing drugs does not make someone a "scumbag" in and of itself. Drugs are bad, sure. But your reaction to those that use them seems irrational and extreme.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I bet his family does more then anyone on Gamespot.

Timepasser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Timepasser
Member since 2016 • 81 Posts

I wish I knew how to quit you. Could have been one of the greats.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Skarwolf said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Truth hurts kid.

Xanax, Valium, Unisom, Restoril, Vicodin, OxyContin-two downers, two sleeping pills, and two painkillers of a strength used for bone cancer. Yeah he accidentally took them. Pill popping coke head scumbag. Thats what he was.

He was a drug addict who deserves our scorn for ruining the lives of everyone who was related to him. Nobody mentions his kids. What about them ? I don't say friends because most were probably nothing more then leeches.

That misplaced rage
Gonna take a stab and say there's a lot of personal experience being projected here

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

All I really know of him is that he did an awful job as the Joker. I don't know enough about him to see it any way but that he did drugs and did a bad Joker.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

All I really know of him is that he did an awful job as the Joker. I don't know enough about him to see it any way but that he did drugs and did a bad Joker.

-1/10

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yes, I do miss the best Joker ever put on film.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Skarwolf said:

I don't miss anyone who dies a drug addict. Those who probably miss him are all his enablers and sycophants who leeched money from him. The stupid asshole died while they claim he accidentally took 11+ painkillers. Opiates that are given to people who've suffered severed limbs this guy was popping like skittles. **** him.

It wasn't HIS joker as people continue to wrongly declare... he was merely acting as he was told to. It was the first time they accurately portrayed the joker from the comics.

It would suck if one of your kids died from being a drug addict, and you had to say this sick-ass shit about your own damn children.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19682 Posts
@Skarwolf said:

Truth hurts kid.

You didn't personally know him, so what makes you jump to the conclusion that he was passing around drugs to friends and family and kids? That's a gross caricature of drug addicts. Most drug addicts are victims, not drug-dealing criminals like how you're making them out to be.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
@Jag85 said:

Most drug addicts are victims

Nope, that never happened.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Nope, don't miss him because I never knew him personally.

I also still don't care for his lousy portrayal of Joker either.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Nope. Not at all.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

I don't miss him. I never knew him. But I think it's a shame that we (the public) lost such a talented actor.

I also think that the Dark Knight Rises would have been much MUCH better with Ledger playing the Joker.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I can't believe it's been 8 years. I remeber it just happening when my gf and I just started dating.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Who died ? ahhh, the dude that played "The Joker" in the last Batman film ! ( excellent performance BTW ) but still, it´s not like saying Jack Nicholson or Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino died.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

nah not really. He never had any inpact on my life and I only know his name as the internet tries to force it. Still doesn't mean anything on my life.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skarwolf

@Jag85 said:
@Skarwolf said:

Truth hurts kid.

You didn't personally know him, so what makes you jump to the conclusion that he was passing around drugs to friends and family and kids? That's a gross caricature of drug addicts. Most drug addicts are victims, not drug-dealing criminals like how you're making them out to be.

Bullshit. Thats like fat people claiming they have a disease because they can't stop eating. You don't accidentally take that many pills. Truth is he was a pill popping scumbag drug addict. Having taken so many strong med's over a long period of time he never felt the effects so he doubled up and up.. until he deaded.

The random crackheads who die in the street deserve more sympathy then this guy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

I wouldn't say that I miss him as I really never watched many of his movies. I did really enjoy his portrayal of the Joker though. He does get my sympathy though for whatever lead him down the dark path of drugs. It is a shame that his career and life were cut so short.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah... what a moronic thing to say.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#39 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Honestly, I just kinda miss him as the Joker. I mean, he's a good actor and everything, but I think the timing of his death and his greatest role has had people put him on a higher pedestal than he would otherwise.