A tutorial on how to become an American.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

Andrew (his channel 5 news) has been doing some ballsy and engaging on the ground reporting. Recently he's been documenting the migrant crisis at the border and it's fascinating. Great content and raw. He got in trouble for this one, but hope he keeps doing his thing because it's great reporting.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Yeah the GOP are making a huge mess at the border, I agree. I wish the GOP didn't scuttle their own strong border protection bill they wanted. I think they hate USA.

Senate Republicans knife bipartisan border security bill, declaring it dead (nbcnews.com)

Then we got dumb Trumpers like this at the border just causing more issues,

Loading Video...
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SargentD

@robertos said:

I wish the GOP didn't scuttle their own strong border protection bill they wanted. I think they hate USA.

Senate Republicans knife bipartisan border security bill, declaring it dead (nbcnews.com)

because it was a foreign aid bill dems try to spin as a border bill, **** that bill. Its80% just billions to Ukraine and Israel.

These should be voted on separately, garbage "border security" bill... all the money in the Bill is for Ukraine, Israel, and Gaza!!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

I wish the GOP didn't scuttle their own strong border protection bill they wanted. I think they hate USA.

because it was a foreign aid bill dems try to spin as a border bill, **** that bill.

In that case it looks like you are against border security. Hmm, maybe you want these illegals in America so they can vote for Republicans? What other reason would you want them in so badly and want this bill ended?

@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

garbage "border security" bill

Bipartisan and quite strong. You don't like USA.

McConnell noted several times on Tuesday that the deal received the endorsement of the influential National Border Patrol Council, which he said showed it was a “quality product.”

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SargentD

@robertos: foreign aid bill to sell weapons to ukraine and israel and to help clean up dead people in Gaza.

NO THANKS.

i want an actual Border security bill... not what ever that horse shit was, glad it was shut down. Chuck Shumer can go suck a fat one

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

i want an actual Border security bill...

I wish the GOP did too,

But they'd rather play performative politics.

@sargentd said:

not what ever that horse shit was, glad it was shut down.

It was good and what Republicans also wanted.

They emphasize that it would keep more people out instead of allowing more people to come in — and that migrants would not be able to apply for asylum at all if illegal border crossings reach certain numbers.

The policy is similar to one first used by Trump. Known as Title 42, it justified the quick expulsion of migrants from the country in the name of stopping the spread of COVID-19.

GOP against border security today, insanity.

Hopefully this stunt backfire,

House Republicans tank border bill: How this can backfire (yahoo.com)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

@sargentd: That's what Republicans wanted too.

The reason it got shut down was because a lot of the Republicans in office are afraid of being retaliated by the previous President, and he doesn't want to give the current President a win.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

foreign aid bill to sell weapons to ukraine and israel

@sargentd said:)

because it was a foreign aid bill

P.S. Forgot to mention this isn't even the excuse Republicans are giving for tanking the bill. You got the wrong talking points from your handler to downplay this political stunt.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Trump, the MAGA-GOP, and their supporters hate America and they don't want a secure border.

@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

because it was a foreign aid bill dems try to spin as a border bill, **** that bill. Its80% just billions to Ukraine and Israel.

These should be voted on separately, garbage "border security" bill... all the money in the Bill is for Ukraine, Israel, and Gaza!!

Politics is compromise. If done right, no one is happy or unhappy, but things get a little bit better. Bit by bit. Part of that process is having bills with multiple parts. It can be shitty, but it's how we make progress.

We've lost sight of the big picture in the US, and the MAGA-GOP has managed to make it messy sport in the process.

@Willy105 said:

@sargentd: That's what Republicans wanted too.

The reason it got shut down was because a lot of the Republicans in office are afraid of being retaliated by the previous President, and he doesn't want to give the current President a win.

They are literally scared for their lives of Trump/MAGA supporters to the point they can't serve the American people and their constituents.

They're being bullied by Trump and I suppose that's why some people like Trump.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Robertos

Absolutely unheard of,

Loading Video...

The strongest bill in 2 decades. And a reversal the likes of which have never been ever seen in politics.

Imagine hating USA that much because of some fat orange sex offender. It's a cult. 🤦‍♀️

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SargentD

You guys are actually stupid if you believe that bill was going to secure the border.. it's a foreign aid bill. READ IT 60 BILLION TO UKRAINE

border security my ass. Maybe change the name to "Ukraine border security bill". That makes more sense

Seriously read it.. you guys fall for everything

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Good thing is, Republicans will be blamed for it…..as they should. Democrats need to play this to the hilt.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SargentD
@robertos said:

Absolutely unheard of,

Loading Video...

The strongest bill in 2 decades. And a reversal the likes of which have never been ever seen in politics.

Imagine hating USA that much because of some fat orange sex offender. It's a cult. 🤦‍♀️

It's a foreign aid bill that gives illegals amnesty...

THATS NOT BORDER SECURITY

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD
Loading Video...

💥 💥 💥 💥 💥 boom 💥 💥 💥 💥 💥

Not sneaking that BS through

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

A FUNDING BREAKDOWN

Total size: $118.3 billion. That includes:

• About $60 billion in military aid for Ukraine
  • $14.1 billion in aid for Israel
  • $4.83 billion in aid for the Indo-Pacific region
  • $10 billion in humanitarian assistance for Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, among other places
  • $2.3 billion in refugee assistance inside the U.S.
  • $20.2 billion for improvements to U.S. border security
  • $2.72 billion for domestic uranium enrichment

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 697 Posts

Other than funding for Israel, seems quite balanced

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@nirgal: Ukraine is getting 3x the money in this bill than our own ****in border...and look at the shit the small amou t going towards the southern border even does...

Asylum. There are many big changes here.

• A new system. The bill moves most new asylum cases to the Department of Homeland Security. No longer would these cases be heard by immigration judges under the Department of Justice. Instead, the people hearing these cases would be asylum officers with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, an agency under DHS.
  • This rule is both for the initial asylum claims and also for most appeals. The idea here is that it is a much faster review, often without attorneys or a deliberative process

^^^ how does this secure the border???^^^

• A new process. Under the bill, this system is to be in place and operational 91 days after the bill is signed into law. This is how it would work: (1) Migrants receive an initial screening within 90 days of arrival. (2) If the claim fails — a "negative protection decision" — they are immediately ordered for removal. They have 72 hours to appeal or request a hearing. (3) If the claim passes initial screening — "positive protection decision" — they will get a work authorization immediately, be released into the country and have another 90 days before a final decision is made on their case.

And how does this... secure our border??^^^^

New border emergency authority. The bill sets up a new trigger based on the average number of migrant encounters. After this level is reached, most new migrants entering the country illegally, outside of legal ports of entry, will automatically be removed. But it is more complicated than "shutting down" the border.

If the average number of migrants crossing is:

• 4,000 per day, over seven days, DHS can launch this authority.
  • 5,000 per day, over seven days, DHS must launch this authority.

This emergency trigger turns off within two weeks of the numbers falling below 4,000 or 5,000. And it cannot be used more than 270 days in the first year, with smaller amounts in the next two years. This authority would sunset in three years.

When the emergency authority is launched, DHS can ban entry by all those who enter illegally, i.e. not through ports of entry. For most of the people turned away, there would be no screening for credible fear asylum seekers before being returned.

But there are exceptions:

• Unaccompanied minors would be admitted.
  • DHS can screen for people claiming they will be tortured upon return, or who are fighting other removal orders already in place.
  • At least 1,400 of the migrants who enter outside legal ports of entry will be processed per day at the southwest border. (Allowing some narrow access to asylum, and fulfilling demands of international law.

^^^ And this part right here.. ^^^^ why in the **** do we need to allow 5000 illegals to cross a day.. for DHS to be allowed to remove them!! This is insane.. this bill basically is just allowing them through still wtf

BRING BACK REMAIN IN MEXICO POLICIES AND TITLE 42 LIKE WE HAD UNDER TRUMP

If democrats had balls and actually wanted to one up trump, take the full 118 billion and put it into ACTUALLY securing the border. Not letting the DHS take action after 5000 illegals a day, let them take action on every illegal..

If democrats would ACTUALLY do that, they would hurt trump.. but this shit they are pushing is weak.. it's weak on its own.. and it's even weaker for being tied to a bunch of BS foreign aid to Israel and Ukraine.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

People have lost their absolute minds... thinking this bill looks good and that Democrats are the ones trying to protect our borders.. like really? Do you really believe that? Another 60 billion to Ukraine so the money can be washed and untraced... lol. Give me a break. Russia is broke if Ukraine was using all the money and equipment they already received they could have turned the entirety of Russia into a glass parking lot... No paper trail, and no one asks a single question. They don't even want reporters getting both sides of the story regardless of the angle. At this point it's comical.. having your head so far up a political parties ass to believe obvious horse shit that they don't even have to try anymore, they don't even hide it... why would they?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@WitIsWisdom said:

People have lost their absolute minds... thinking this bill looks good and that Democrats are the ones trying to protect our borders.. like really? Do you really believe that? Another 60 billion to Ukraine so the money can be washed and untraced... lol. Give me a break. Russia is broke if Ukraine was using all the money and equipment they already received they could have turned the entirety of Russia into a glass parking lot... No paper trail, and no one asks a single question. They don't even want reporters getting both sides of the story regardless of the angle. At this point it's comical.. having your head so far up a political parties ass to believe obvious horse shit that they don't even have to try anymore, they don't even hide it... why would they?

That bill also gets rid of Congressional oversight for any of the aid to Israel and Ukraine.. they are exempt. Wild...

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nirgal

@sargentd: you are getting ilegal workers in your border, not tanks and missiles.

Controlling the border is important, but it's 1/100 of the negative impact.

Ukraine funding is not simply their own security, you are de-incentivizing future wars by punishing an invasion.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD
@nirgal said:

@sargentd: you are getting ilegal workers in your border, not tanks and missiles.

Controlling the border is important, but it's 1/100 of the negative impact.

Ukraine funding is not simply their own security, you are de-incentivizing future wars by punishing an invasion.

Most these people can't work they don't have visas, they are just taking up resources and cities don't have room or resources for them anyway got NYC cutting basic amenities/ services to make up for these undocumented people... it's a mess.

Dude if this issue is 1/100 of a problem??? Then Ukraine getting more US money is 1/1000000 of a problem. I don't know jack shit about Russia or Ukraine, I'm not from there Ukraine isn't even in NATO.. ffs it used to be a part of the soviet union what does Russia and Ukraine have to do with Americans ????

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nirgal

@sargentd: the economical effects of illegal immigrants are not actually all that clear. They are certainly less positive than legal immigrants for the economy, but it's not fully clear that they generate a net loss for the economy.

Some studies actually find that they have a net positive effects on countries economy.

Not that I am saying they should be accepted, I think there is a lot of value in controlling who enters your border and how/when.

But of course the effects are completely incomparable to war.

Also the reason you think Ukraine or places far away from the USA don't affect you is because you don't understand how global supply chains work or how collective alliances of countries with law based rules for sovereignty deter wars.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@sargentd said:

You guys are actually stupid if you believe that bill was going to secure the border.. it's a foreign aid bill. READ IT 60 BILLION TO UKRAINE

border security my ass. Maybe change the name to "Ukraine border security bill". That makes more sense

Seriously read it.. you guys fall for everything

You do know bills often address other issues but it DEFINITELY provided for securing the border full stop.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

You guys could easily secure the border by going after any and all who hire illegal immigrants. The immigrants will stop coming if they don't get hired.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@horgen said:

You guys could easily secure the border by going after any and all who hire illegal immigrants. The immigrants will stop coming if they don't get hired.

Yes, but the wealthy/corporations use them and they have paid off Congress. Also much of the border is asylum seekers which need processed and this legislation would have eased all that. Border Patrol liked the legislation as it would make their job easier.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@LJS9502_basic: You don't fix a hole in a boat by ripping planks off the other side thinking no one will notice. I know both sides have been guilty of this, but personally I think a law should get passed saying each bill can only cover one issue.

Sure, it's easy to say that would never work because there are too many issues and it would take way too long, but that's conjecture because they knew from the start this bill wouldn't be passed.. it's just wasting everyone's time and a way to say "see we tried" to act as though they care about the border security as well when we all know damn well that is far from the case. Then they can use that in future debates when bringing up the topic by saying the Republicans don't want border security either, and that they tried.

It's political games that need to stop. We the people need to demand for single bill legislature if we ever want to get anything done and work towards bipartisanship. It's not usually the people that are so different, but that's not what we are told. Most people will never know that the bill was shot down because it was full of ridiculous demands and simply think neither side wants to make things right, which is far from the case. There have been thousands of bills over the years shot down for the exact same reason.

Like I said before, there is no paper trail, and the war in Ukraine has been at a standstill for months. Negotiations, while perhaps not what either side wants to settle for, are necessary when outside sources are funding a war.

Do you believe that if it was just a 20 billion dollar border security bill without all the other ridiculous demands it wouldn't have passed? Proxy wars are never a good thing and almost always have ill intent, and we are well past the point of pretending this war is being fought by just two countries.. there are more moving parts to this than what the media covers or the average citizen cares to try and understand, and that goes for multiple aspects of the proposed bill.

You want things to get done? Change the way bills are presented and our country changes for the better overnight and whether we all agree on the majority of politics or not the most important issues that everyone agrees with will work themselves out and we can argue and debate the world politics after we worry about our side of the fence.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WitIsWisdom

@LJS9502_basic: You don't fix a hole in a boat by ripping planks off the other side thinking no one will notice. I know both sides have been guilty of this, but personally I think a law should get passed saying each bill can only cover one issue.

Sure, it's easy to say that would never work because there are too many issues and it would take way too long, but that's bs because they knew from the start this bill wouldn't be passed.. it's just wasting everyone's time and a way to say "see we tried" to act as though they care about the border security as well when we all know damn well that is far from the case. Then they can use that in future debates when bringing up the topic by saying the Republicans don't want border security either, and that they tried.

It's political games that need to stop. We the people need to demand for single bill legislature if we ever want to get anything done and work towards bipartisanship. It's not usually the people that are so different, but that's not what we are told. Most people will never know that the bill was shot down because it was full of ridiculous demands and simply think neither side wants to make things right, which is far from the case. There have been thousands of bills over the years shot down for the exact same reason.

Like I said before, there is no paper trail, and the war in Ukraine has been at a standstill for months. Negotiations, while perhaps not what either side wants to settle for, are necessary when outside sources are funding a war.

Do you believe that if it was just a 20 billion dollar border security bill without all the other ridiculous demands it wouldn't have passed? Proxy wars are never a good thing and almost always have ill intent, and we are well past the point of pretending this war is being fought by just two countries.. there are more moving parts to this than what the media covers or the average citizen cares to try and understand, and that goes for multiple aspects of the proposed bill.

You want things to get done? Change the way bills are presented and our country changes for the better overnight and whether we all agree on the majority of politics or not the most important issues that everyone agrees with will work themselves out and we can argue and debate the world politics after we worry about our side of the fence first.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Robertos

@WitIsWisdom said:

thinking this bill looks good and that Democrats are the ones trying to protect our borders.. like really?

@sargentd said:

THATS NOT BORDER SECURITY

Meanwhile on planet Earth,

Shocker: Republicans Admit in Private That They Killed a Good Deal | The New Republic

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Robertos

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

It's The Republican Border Crisis.

Republicans now own this mess. You had your chance to fix this, but you guys would rather let the crisis continue to help Trump in November.

Partisan hackery at it's worst.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Robertos
@WitIsWisdom said:

Another 60 billion to Ukraine so the money can be washed and untraced... lol.

@sargentd said:

@nirgal: Ukraine is getting 3x the money in this bill than our own ****in border...

@WitIsWisdom said:

It's political games that need to stop. We the people need to demand for single bill legislature if we ever want to get anything done and work towards bipartisanship.

@WitIsWisdom said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Do you believe that if it was just a 20 billion dollar border security bill without all the other ridiculous demands it wouldn't have passed?

@sargentd said:

Not to completely delete your presence and schtick in this thread, but Republicans tied Ukraine aid and the Border. Not Democrats. It was a gotcha' to own the Dems but it ended up blowing up in the Republicans faces when Dems agreed to the Border provisions.

On the Border, Republicans Set a Trap, Then Fell Into It - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Their [GOP] idea was to tie approval of military assistance to Ukraine to tough border security demands that Democrats would never accept, allowing Republicans to block the money for Kyiv that many of them oppose while simultaneously enabling them to pound Democrats for refusing to halt a surge of migrants at the border. It was to be a win-win headed into November’s elections.

Please do not hit "reply" before doing the most basic of research. I wonder if you two will delete your previous posts ITT, knowing that it was all wrong.

Furthermore the Ukraine/Israel aid passed the Senate anyway today in a bipartisan manner. As I told you, the Republicans didn't care about that,

Senate advances Ukraine funding without border security reforms | The Hill

They just wanted to scuttle this good Border Deal because Trump told them to.

Senate Republicans block bipartisan border package, scrapping deal they had demanded from Democrats | PBS NewsHour

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

It's The Republican Border Crisis.

Republicans now own this mess. You had your chance to fix this, but you guys would rather let the crisis continue to help Trump in November.

Partisan hackery at it's worst.

Nobody is buying your BS

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-economy-presidential-race-rcna136834

Biden trails GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on major policy and personal comparisons, including by more than 20 points on which candidate would better handle the economy. And Biden’s deficit versus Trump on handling immigration and the border is greater than 30 points.

Trump is comming back, get the crying out now

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Nobody is buying your BS

Nice subject change to a few days old opinion poll in response to a fact that literally happened yesterday. The GOP scuttled this border security bill. Opinions won't alter this fact.

@sargentd said:

Trump is comming back, get the crying out now

You were caught lying this whole thread and got embarrassed. Don't take that out on me.

@sargentd said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-economy-presidential-race-rcna136834

including by more than 20 points on which candidate would better handle the economy.

Another reason why opinion polls don't always reflect facts. Biden's economy destroys Trumps.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Sure, it's easy to say that would never work because there are too many issues and it would take way too long, but that's conjecture because they knew from the start this bill wouldn't be passed.. it's just wasting everyone's time and a way to say "see we tried" to act as though they care about the border security as well when we all know damn well that is far from the case. Then they can use that in future debates when bringing up the topic by saying the Republicans don't want border security either, and that they tried.

You want things to get done? Change the way bills are presented and our country changes for the better overnight and whether we all agree on the majority of politics or not the most important issues that everyone agrees with will work themselves out and we can argue and debate the world politics after we worry about our side of the fence.

While I don't disagree here, I think the reality is this would create even MORE gridlock. A single bill system would pretty much ensure for bills where realistically there is only single party support, actual, necessary things, would be stalled / blocked by the other party as there is little to no incentive for them to vote for it. I don't believe in the current political climate this would result in compromise on these bills. Actual sit-down-and-work-with-the-other-side compromise seems pretty taboo in Congress. We get the lazy man's compromise of "let's tack this thing the other side wants on this bill in hopes they'll vote for it".

Maybe tack that law onto the next continuing budget resolution?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

@robertos: foreign aid bill to sell weapons to ukraine

NO THANKS.

i want an actual Border security bill... not what ever that horse shit was, glad it was shut down. Chuck Shumer can go suck a fat one

That wasn't Chuck Schumer or the Dems. Republicans tied these two things together....

Congressional Republicans thought they had set a clever trap for Democrats that would accomplish complementary political and policy goals.Their idea was to tie approval of military assistance to Ukraine to tough border security demands that Democrats would never accept, allowing Republicans to block the money for Kyiv that many of them oppose while simultaneously enabling them to pound Democrats for refusing to halt a surge of migrants at the border.It was to be a win-win headed into November’s elections.But Democrats tripped them up by offering substantial — almost unheard-of — concessions on immigration policy without insisting on much in return.Now it is Republicans who are rapidly abandoning a compromise that gave them much of what they wanted, leaving aid to Ukraine in deep jeopardy, border policy in turmoil and Congress again flailing as multiple crises at home and abroad go without attention because of a legislative stalemate.
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SargentD

@robertos: Democrats have had the last 3 years to focus on border security and decided on doing nothing and let illegals flood in until it got close to election year to start flailing once it started crushing them in the polls.

Republicans didn't tell biden to overturn trumps immigration policies, that's on him, Republicans didn't tell democrats to become sanctuary cities for illegals, that's on them.

The balls to scream "racist" at Trump for trying to secure the border for his whole term and after, democrats have pushed back on securing the border for years and now it's biting them in the ass. Made kamala a "border czar" never even visits the border.. never talks to border patrol.. Oh well. ****em, dems made thier bed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59124 Posts

Self-serving fat tangerine vs an actual patriot -

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Republicans didn't tell biden to overturn trumps immigration policies, that's on him, Republicans didn't tell democrats to become sanctuary cities for illegals, that's on them.

Democrats didn't tell Republicans to scuttle this Border Security bill, Trump did. He wants the border to stay messed up, very very sick man.

The TRUMP Border Crisis.

@sargentd said:

Oh well. ****em,

Thank you for no longer lying about Ukraine like you did most of this thread.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Democrats didn't tell Republicans to scuttle this Border Security bill, Trump did. He wants the border to stay messed up, very very sick man.

The TRUMP Border Crisis.

@sargentd said:

Oh well. ****em, dems made thier bed.

Nobody is going to buy your twist, anyone who's paid attention for the last 7 years already knows.

But keep flailing lol

Lying about Ukraine how?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

The TRUMP Border Crisis.

@sargentd said:

Oh well. ****em, dems made thier bed.

Nobody is going to buy your twist,

You mean my facts? So you disagree with reality now? Is that were we are at?

NO. This was a strong bill and objectively would have helped at the border. GOP objectively cancelled it. That literally means the GOP directly hurt the border.

Senate Republicans block bipartisan border package, scrapping deal they had demanded from Democrats | PBS NewsHour

@sargentd said:

But keep flailing lol

Your thread backfired on the second post, only one acting crazed is you.

@sargentd said:

Lying about Ukraine how?

By ever bringing it up ITT. The Republicans tied that to border security, not Dems.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Robertos

lol Elon and his idiotic border take being clowned on by even Republicans for being extra Q-Anon Psycho this time around,

Lankford pushes back on Musk opposition to border bill, says he should focus on recalled Teslas | The Hill

Lankford doubled down on the proposed bill Monday on CNN’s “The Lead with Jake Tapper,” explaining that Musk’s description of the bill was inaccurate and that it does not include text that would allow those living in the U.S. illegally to vote. He also slammed the Tesla CEO for his company’s recent recalls on nearly 2.2 million electric vehicles due to a software fix.

“The long-term goal of the so-called ‘Border Security’ bill is enabling illegals to vote! It will do the total opposite of securing the border,” Musk wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter — which the billionaire purchased in April 2022.

In response, Lankford said: “I think he needs to go back to doing the 2 million Tesla’s that are currently being recalled right now, to be able to focus in on that.”

“It’s not focused on trying to be able to get more illegals to vote,” the senator added about the deal. “That’s absurd.”

Where does Elon get these batshit ideas from?🤦‍♀️🤣

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WitIsWisdom

@comp_atkins: Well, at least then there would be transparency and even those that don't watch politics closely can come to their own conclusions without jumping through rings of fire, doing mental gymnastics, and just believing any fluff piece they happen across on the internet. It certainly wouldn't be any worse.. it would force the two sides to work together in tandem as to not lose voters since things would be a lot more clear for those that couldn't be convinced of something even if it was punching them in the face.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

that's been the American way for centuries, most of them are American indigenous too, they're also vaccinated and work harder than the MAGA deplorables

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Robertos

@lamprey263 said:

that's been the American way for centuries, most of them are American indigenous too, they're also vaccinated and work harder than the MAGA deplorables

Facts aren't convenient for the far right.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@robertos: It's funny and sad that you believe what you typed. Did you even read the article, or just the headline?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Robertos
@dabear said:

@robertos: It's funny and sad that you believe what you typed. Did you even read the article, or just the headline?

Nah SargentD just lied about it,

Unraveling Misinformation About Bipartisan Immigration Bill - FactCheck.org

As conservatives balk, U.S. Border Patrol union endorses Senate immigration deal (nbcnews.com)

Pesky facts!