DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

I may not have a good relationship with some of my neighbors. Got in a fender bender right outside our driveways. I think I heard the father scowl when he saw me one day. Think I heard them joke about killing me, one night. But that's the worst of it.

How are you faring with your neighbors?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

I don't know them or speak to them. I've tried to, but got ignored. Most of them are Polish and speak no Swedish and just seems to care about themselves. Playing loud music late at night, completely wrecks the room where we throw trash, littering, among other annoying things. Not very good people, wish I had other neighbors.

I've tried to talk with the owners of our apartments about this and all sorts of things, but never gotten a response from them either. Probably because they're also Polish.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

I have had little to no issues with my neighbors... I'm very rarely home. Unless I have a day off, I'm usually home around 7pm-10pm, so whatever they do throughout their day doesn't affect me. I know having my dad stay over for a spell, he complained that my neighbors make a lot of noise, but I suppose I just got used to having noisy neighbors in the past. The noise level was more moving things around at night, but it seldom happens. I've also interacted with them a handful of times due to their having troubles with the landlord, and though it was annoying for reasons I won't specify here, it did get resolved once we all had an intervention with said landlord. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Other than that, they've asked for some coffee. :3

Honestly, the issue is with me as a neighbor. I'm introverted, and I don't like interacting with people once I'm in my nest. Friends can call me and I won't answer once I'm home. Friends can even ask if I want to hang out, but if I'm home, I call it a day. Peeps need to get ahold of me while I'm out and about, otherwise leave me be. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

I'm good with them, yeah. Bunch of military types. No problems.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

No problems. Say hello when we see each other.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Don't know them. When I first moved in I worked overnight shifts so that initial "welcome to the neighborhood" moment came and went.

Also I am very shy so I don't really go out of my way to meet people if I don't need to lol. That's my fault. I'm also the size of a bear and don't look friendly (I have "RBF", you might say? A permascowl?) even though I am very friendly so I don't think I really encourage people to come up and say hello haha.

I do my best to wave when I see them and be courteous, though. Anyway, they seem like good neighbors. A lot of young families in my cul de sac, good blue collar people. Some fishermen, electricians, plumbers, but also a lot of new money since my small town 40 minutes outside of SF is gentrifying a bit.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

I'm fine with most of my neighbors except one. Their dogs keeps attacking me.

The first time it tried to bite my leg but I dodged out of the way and it ran off. The second time it charged me and I stabbed at it with gardening sheers I had in my hand, after which I chased it into their yard and told them to keep it locked up or it was going to kill someone. Then it bit our neighbor's 7 year old daughter. Then it bit my son's friend, after which we called the cops. Finally, it tried to attack me while my back was turned painting in the garage, but I heard it coming and hit it with a nearby bicycle.

I then walked over to their place, informed them I was carrying mace and a knife on me from now on, and if it attacked me again I was going to gut it.

I haven't seen the dog since, and she gives me the finger when I drive by. Excellent tradeoff, in my mind.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

@mattbbpl: Why hasn't anyone contacted animal control? Sounds like an easy euthanize.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattbbpl

@SOedipus: We have. Our other neighbors did after it bit her daughter. My son's parents declined to, unfortunately.

I thought it would have been by now, but apparently they need to see it do more?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

I just moved. Don't know them yet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@mattbbpl: I'm curious what the dog owner's defense is in this situation.

I mean how do you live with yourself as a person if you let that kind of stuff happen? To me that just seems unconscionable, I would have put the dog down myself after the first attack.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59125 Posts

One of them is a girl at high school I knew who pretends to be friendly but hates me (and thinks I don't know) whom I put on a façade of being friendly to, but also hate.

The other are people never spoken to once in 2 years of them moving in, they have a disabled child. All I know.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

I have a big fat ass 600+ pound 20-something year old neighbor who can't even roll over. He had nurses helping him but he kicked them out because they were making him stick to his diet. So now his sisters (they're all YUGE) come over with their kids who I keep finding fucking around in my back 40 even though I've told them to stay out.

Their mom gets mad "they ain't bothering you". Yeah, actually they are. If they get hurt on something I've got, I'm the one getting sued. And I have yard equipment and such that those kids just can't leave alone.

And Randy the fat ass is a total dick. Can't say two words to him without an argument.

They don't even live beside me, they live across the street and down a little ways. Keep your damn fat kids to yourself.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 513 Posts

My neighbors and I are of friendly terms, but the terms are too friendly. The husband wants to be best friends, and the wife wants to screw me. The husband is always wanting to hang out while I'm trying to get work done, and the wife and her sister are always trying to pull me aside to talk and flirt.

At first I thought that it was just because they where from Florida because floridians are wierd, but I came to the conclusion that they where swingers when the wife wanted me to drink her breast milk. It's pretty damn uncomfortable.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo: Your neighbours are swingers? I thought swingers only use the Internet to communicate with each other rather than openly in person lol.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl

@pcgamerlaszlo: That second to last line. Um... Wow.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo: Well then you should do the neighborly thing and help a sista/sista's sista/brotha out.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

neighbors are great. very friendly. have kids around the same age as mine so they play together outside all the time, in an out of each other's homes, etc. invite each other to birthdays, etc.. neighbor down the street always gets great fireworks for the fourth or new years. at halloween we "boo" each other and drop off little gift bags after sunset on people's doorsteps, ring their bells and run. kids love it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

I have a big fat ass 600+ pound 20-something year old neighbor who can't even roll over. He had nurses helping him but he kicked them out because they were making him stick to his diet. So now his sisters (they're all YUGE) come over with their kids who I keep finding fucking around in my back 40 even though I've told them to stay out.

Their mom gets mad "they ain't bothering you". Yeah, actually they are. If they get hurt on something I've got, I'm the one getting sued. And I have yard equipment and such that those kids just can't leave alone.

And Randy the fat ass is a total dick. Can't say two words to him without an argument.

They don't even live beside me, they live across the street and down a little ways. Keep your damn fat kids to yourself.

You should be happy the fat kids are out and getting some movement. Unlike their uncle.

Maybe they need to sign up for Scared S***less Fitness. :P

Anyhow haven't had any neighbour issues in years. Had one troubling neightbour that moved over a decade ago.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PCGamerLaszlo

@mattbbpl: Definitely the most uncomfortable situation I've been in in my entire life. I also had to say "no" three times before they got the hint.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo

@DEVILinIRON: lol Nah, I'm a no drama lama, especially when they are walking distance from my front door. Plus, my girl gets testy on situations like that lol

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo said:

My neighbors and I are of friendly terms, but the terms are too friendly. The husband wants to be best friends, and the wife wants to screw me. The husband is always wanting to hang out while I'm trying to get work done, and the wife and her sister are always trying to pull me aside to talk and flirt.

At first I thought that it was just because they where from Florida because floridians are wierd, but I came to the conclusion that they where swingers when the wife wanted me to drink her breast milk. It's pretty damn uncomfortable.

"I only drink the finest breast milks. Breastmilk...you made my dayyeeyay" Made me think of Chappelle Show. That's definitely weird though. Not into that at all. Can you describe her for us?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mattbbpl

@SOedipus: Lol. "What was she wearing?"

Well, played.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@comp_atkins: That sounds exactly like my neighborhood. I didn't know what getting "boo'd" was our first year here and I got a little suspicious when I went to answer the door and no one was there. Then I saw the goody bag :-).

Its definitely one of the most friendly places I've lived. No trouble with the neighbors. We all wave at eachother. I'm comfortable with letting my kiddo run out the front door and over to a friends.