deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Do you like to live every minute to it's fullest go out be social keep busy? or do you just like to sit on the sidelines as a spectator and have no drive for anything?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts
@warmblur said:

Do you like to live every minute to it's fullest go out be social keep busy? or do you just like to sit on the sidelines as a spectator and have no drive for anything?

Well there's me in theory and there's me in practice. If you get what I'm saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Most would consider me a pathetic creature; though perhaps less pathetic than some other poor souls out there.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Nah. Staying on the sidelines allows me to think things through, instead of rushing to react to everything like everyone seem to do these days.

Plus, I'm a misanthrope. Keep your dirty ape paws off of me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@madrocketeer said:

Nah. Staying on the sidelines allows me to think things through, instead of rushing to react to everything like everyone seem to do these days.

Plus, I'm a misanthrope. Keep your dirty ape paws off of me.

Me too for the most part.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I really don't get what my brother/roommate gets out of hanging out with friends ALL THE TIME. I couldn't stand having so little time to myself. He's so fake and obviously insecure about being alone for even a few days, like so many young people today. But I'm the complete opposite. There's pretty much no one I hang out with. Rarely outside of my apartment other than work and shopping. Single all 31 years of my life. No career prospects, because there's nothing I want to do. No cell phone and no car. They're unneeded, because I live a simple life with almost no interaction outside work. I'd rather spend the money on Blu-rays, graphic novels, games, etc. What I don't save, I mean. My savings are adding up nicely. It's way too hard pretending to be someone I'm not. I've had my bouts of deep depression about it, but the last couple of months I just feel numb about it. You can only hurt and want so long before you kind of stop caring. I try to entertain myself as much as possible. I can't even talk with people my age at length about my hobbies, because they all watch and play shit. I've watched movies with one person this year (his apartment one week and mine a few weeks ago), and we only have common film interests because he is like fifty-five.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56323 Posts

I'm always on the slow lane of things and enjoying it slowly if you know what I mean ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ezekiel43 said:

I really don't get what my brother/roommate gets out of hanging out with friends ALL THE TIME. I couldn't stand having so little time to myself. He's so fake and obviously insecure about being alone for even a few days, like so many young people today. But I'm the complete opposite. There's pretty much no one I hang out with. Rarely outside of my apartment other than work and shopping. Single all 31 years of my life. No career prospects, because there's nothing I want to do. No cell phone and no car. They're unneeded, because I live a simple life with almost no interaction outside work. I'd rather spend the money on Blu-rays, graphic novels, games, etc. What I don't save, I mean. My savings are adding up nicely. It's way too hard pretending to be someone I'm not. I've had my bouts of deep depression about it, but the last couple of months I just feel numb about it. You can only hurt and want so long before you kind of stop caring. I try to entertain myself as much as possible. I can't even talk with people my age at length about my hobbies, because they all watch and play shit. I've watched movies with one person this year (his apartment one week and mine a few weeks ago), and we only have common film interests because he is like fifty-five.

I can relate to this so much my sister is a social butterfly and I'm the complete opposite she always sees the good in people and is a optimist I'm the farthest thing from that. I suffer with depression also I take meds sometimes but I build a tolerance to them fast and don't up the dose so I'm off and on them they help sometimes. I don't have much drive to do anything anymore I feel all my life has been drain out of me over the years due to physical health problems on top of depression. I been back stabbed by my friend that I grew up with and a therapist I trusted. I just don't give a damn about anything anymore I'm tired of life but to damn stubborn to leave it for now.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10520 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

you seem to be pretty active on this forum. you still enjoy interacting with people, just anonymously. is that fair to say?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59243 Posts

Spent all day on the couch eating biscuits and watching Dragonball Kai. I would say, probably not.

But that's my prerogative, if you're happy and satisfied , who cares.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@uninspiredcup said:

Spent all day on the couch eating biscuits and watching Dragonball Kai. I would say, probably not.

But that's my prerogative, if you're happy and satisfied , who cares.

That's a good point society thinks you have to go out every Friday night and party but honestly that's never been my thing. I rather be alone 99 percent of the time.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'm full of life and motivated about things in my own way I guess. Am I the most energetic person? Heck no. I'm very much an introvert.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17683 Posts

I’m bipolar and my constant swings have created in me a learned helplessness that has manifested in incredible apathy. Why should I care with a constant mindfuck tugging me every which way?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I haven't felt full of life in years. I'm stuck in my comfort zone, with anxiety not allowing much room for escape. I was contend with it for the majority of my adult life (I'm 26) but lately I can't help but feel this void in my life.

I don't seem to enjoy things the way I used to, like gaming. It's like a part of me (my old self I call it) is yearning for something more: getting a girlfriend, moving abroad, etc. I get more and more envious of others who attain such things, while I seem unable to do the same.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127525 Posts

Full of life... I would say yes. Do enjoy my private time though so I don't hang out with friends so much.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#16 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

I have a pretty good outlook on life, but I still stay very much to myself. Just last week my mom died of cancer, didn't lose it or fall to pieces. I have a strong belief in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible. I don't understand a majority of what the good book says, but from what I understand I follow it. I also have a slough of other medical issues, including mental health problems and depression and among other things. I keep strong for my mom, dad and family. A future of uncertainty and worry fills my life, but I try my best to keep my mom proud of me. I feel she is watching down on me. Love you mom.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

yea, I enjoy my life, what it offers me anyways. Those people who probably party and doing crazy things are wild, risk-takers, they would probably would ski-dive from the highest mountain in the world in a heartbeat.

BlackTiger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackTiger_7
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

I love and enjoy life, but I am not a social butterfly. I have a lot of hobbies and enjoy just living, relaxing, and enjoying life. Right now, I am waist deep in football season and am enjoying every minute of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@brimmul777 said:

I have a pretty good outlook on life, but I still stay very much to myself. Just last week my mom died of cancer, didn't lose it or fall to pieces. I have a strong belief in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible. I don't understand a majority of what the good book says, but from what I understand I follow it. I also have a slough of other medical issues, including mental health problems and depression and among other things. I keep strong for my mom, dad and family. A future of uncertainty and worry fills my life, but I try my best to keep my mom proud of me. I feel she is watching down on me. Love you mom.

Damn, man I'm so sorry.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#20 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I was full of life until I grew up and lost it all.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'd love to go back to being a spectator and live by my own means. I think I've tapped out on what I can learn from it though, at least for now.

Currently work, go to school, and in a relationship.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I would say that I'm full of life, I have a very active social life, a wonderful wife, and just recently got a promotion. I get excited about things fairly easily and I'm the kind of person who never really gets bored. I would say that I am living life on my own terms and am happy with what I have, and I don't think anyone can ask for anything more.

@johnd13: what is stopping you from attaining those things?

@uninspiredcup: I agree that if your happy and satisfied there is nothing wrong with those things, it only becomes a problem if you fall into that routine but are longing for something else.

@warmblur: Don't let a friend who backstabbed you stop you from doing things in life or unmotivate you to go out and make new friends, people come in and out of our lives all the time, if someone did you wrong then you are probably better off without them, but don't let their negativity stop you from putting yourself out there and meeting new people.

I'm 40 years old, I grew up and lived in the same place for 36 out of those 40 years, just moved away a few years ago for a job opportunity. It was tough at at first and I certainly struggled with bouts of depression and homesickness, but eventually I stopped getting in my own way and started to meet people. I now have a very active social life in my new place, with a great group of friends who I do a ton of fun stuff with.

It certainly can be hard to put yourself out there, I'm pretty extroverted but I still had a fair amount of anxiety getting out and meeting people, but actually doing it is usually far less intimidating than thinking about it and you will be glad you did.

@volsung: why would you think that some would consider you a pathetic creature? I certainly hope you don't see yourself in that way.

@ezekiel43: It is hard to pretend to be someone that you are not, the solution is don't pretend and find people who like you for you. I don't know what you are into but I'm sure that you have some hobbies that you can connect with people over and then begin to build deeper relationships through that. It sounds like you and your brother are on the opposite ends of the social spectrum, but it also doesn't sound like you enjoy where you are currently.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@pook99 said:

@warmblur: Don't let a friend who backstabbed you stop you from doing things in life or unmotivate you to go out and make new friends, people come in and out of our lives all the time, if someone did you wrong then you are probably better off without them, but don't let their negativity stop you from putting yourself out there and meeting new people.

I'm 40 years old, I grew up and lived in the same place for 36 out of those 40 years, just moved away a few years ago for a job opportunity. It was tough at at first and I certainly struggled with bouts of depression and homesickness, but eventually I stopped getting in my own way and started to meet people. I now have a very active social life in my new place, with a great group of friends who I do a ton of fun stuff with.

I'm glad things worked out for you man I wish I could say that I'm strong enough to change but my health issues are permanent and they robbed me of a normal life. I don't feel sorry for myself I just hope to be put out of my misery sooner than later.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I am currently on my last hit point. maybe I will find roast beef in the wall.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@warmblur said:

You're identifying extremes but not necessarily opposites. I have a life that I appreciate constantly, but that doesn't mean I fill it with endless social interaction. That's how I spent my younger years. From 20-30 I went out 2-3 times a weekend but that got boring after a while.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@pook99: Anxiety mostly. A fear of leaving my comfort zone. Maybe even low self-esteem.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

My favorite cereal is Life, but I am not currently full it.

@MirkoS77 said:

I’m bipolar.

Same. The professionals have me dialed in prescription-wise. It's nice but expensive.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

I crave stimulation ,without it I would surely lose my mind and sense of self.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

According to my wife, I'm mostly just full of shit.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Unless I'm harbouring an undetected tapeworm, I'd have to say no.

ClaudiaFields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ClaudiaFields
Member since 2019 • 22 Posts

Actually, it depends on a few reasons. Especially, when feeling happiness from the deepest level of the heart, it feels that stay social and react positively for everything and everyone..But, the situation becomes really different when feeling collapsed, confused and negative..Actually, then, I need to stay away from everyone and everything and let go of the things as they are..Actually, all of us feel the world is good place when on inner is happy and positive.This my opinion and I do not how extent it can be applied on others' vision

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

busy? yes. full of life i'm not so sure.

jobs and young kids have tendancy to suck that out of you...

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Some days I can barely walk... Other days like today, I'm full of pepp!!