Bands or songs which others might find annoying but you enjoy?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

I like the song Scrub Scrub from the Wonka soundtrack, as I am a cleaner of things. I've seen criticism for the soundtrack elsweyr.

I also like the band Mr. Bungle, which is probably not for the masses.

How about you? Or are you too cool?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

There's this Norwegian band called Helheim which the US army used their first album Jurmungand as a torture divice. Once I was watching a report about Guantanamo and they played it and I was like "wtf I know and love this".

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Fall Out Boy

The Bravery

Nickelback (seriously, there is SO much worse out there)

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Fall Out Boy

The Bravery

Nickelback (seriously, there is SO much worse out there)

Whats wrong with Fall out boy and nickeback? They have some iconic tunes

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Like a few tracks on St. Anger.

Loading Video...

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1107 Posts

When I want to listen to game OSTs

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: I really dig Mr. Bungle, this is the first time I've heard it.

My contributions to the thread are Fall Down by Mollys Yes, which features bagpipes:

Loading Video...

And Barrel of a Gun by Guster which features.... everything. Bongos, wind chimes, a typewriter...

Loading Video...

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

I like a few songs by Insane Clown Posse (When I'm Clownin, Halls of Illusions and Piggy Pie).

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

@uninspiredcup: That’s an album I’d rather soon forget. One of Metallica’s worst.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

Mike Patton has some pretty wild projects. Aside from Faith No More, he's both fronted and contributed to a plethora of incredible artists. Check out Lovage:

Loading Video...

And Peeping Tom:

Loading Video...

But yeah I came here to post Mr. Bungle.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEVILinIRON

@br0kenrabbit said:
@mattbbpl said:

Mike Patton has some pretty wild projects. Aside from Faith No More, he's both fronted and contributed to a plethora of incredible artists. Check out Lovage:

Loading Video...

And Peeping Tom:

Loading Video...

Nice, dude! I will definitely have a listen.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8299 Posts

A good amount TC, (mr. bungle is good stuff btw)

2 of my favorite bands are Ween and Primus, seen them both live several times, as well fond of the side projects like Sausage and Moist Boys, and tho i adore these bands, many people dont feel the same way. But as far as am concerned, 2 of the greatest, lots of musical creativity, just gets a little weird

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

NOMEANSNO

another one that i adore, that is hard for some to get into mainly because the singer always has this sort of inner monologue style of singing that kicks ass imo

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

COWS

another one thats hard for some to get into that i really like

Loading Video...

GWAR

epic band

Loading Video...

guilty pleasure

love Green Jello lol

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

lots of music i like... alot of other people not really feeling it ... lol

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SargentD

@DEVILinIRON: also if your into willy wonka, check out claypools willy wonka album, covered a bunch of the songs, wasnt to into it myself but if your into willy wonka you might appreciate it

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

TurboNegro

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SargentD

Sparklefight

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Now this one right here... great band... but man does some of these songs piss people off lol I love these guys, seen em live, they paid some hookers to do some performances durring their live show. One of the weirdest shows ive been too. Absolutely raunchy gutter guys from Philly and they are a good time. But ridiculous. Wish they were still playing but they haven't in years.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@sargentd said:

@DEVILinIRON: also if your into willy wonka, check out claypools willy wonka album, covered a bunch of the songs, wasnt to into it myself but if your into willy wonka you might appreciate it

Loading Video...

Hey, thanks!

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@sargentd: Right on, the Cows. Saw them a couple of times. Shannon Selberg pointed right at me. Maybe I looked like a frat boy or something, strange. Shame they broke up.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SargentD

@DEVILinIRON said:

@sargentd: Right on, the Cows. Saw them a couple of times. Shannon Selberg pointed right at me. Maybe I looked like a frat boy or something, strange. Shame they broke up.

Jealous, never got to see them, cool music tho, used to work in a dive back in the day and we would play this at max volume sometimes to convince people to leave lol

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And sometimes we'd use the 26 minute version of poopship destroyer by ween.

And if those weren't getting people to clear out..

We had good Ole Indian love call

Loading Video...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 br0kenrabbit

@DEVILinIRON said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@mattbbpl said:

And Peeping Tom:

Nice, dude! I will definitely have a listen.

I should mention Mike Patton also did the recent TMNT game into song. Fantastic game, BTW.

Loading Video...

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

@sargentd: Holy shit, dude! I can't agree with your politics but, you listen to some great in music. Me and the wife got together at a Primus New Year show back in 93/94. Been to at least 10 more Primus/Frog Brigade new years shows since, including the Wonka show. Saw Bungle twice back in the day and caught their first album reunion show right before the covid lockdown. I've only ever known 2 other people who even knew about Peeping Tom.

I completely forgot about Nomeansno. We had 0+2=1 in heavy rotation back in the early 90's. I know what I'm listening to on my drive home today.

My additions to the thread would be Dog Fashion Disco and Circus of Dead Squirrels.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD

@heathen75 said:

@sargentd: Holy shit, dude! I can't agree with your politics but, you listen to some great in music. Me and the wife got together at a Primus New Year show back in 93/94. Been to at least 10 more Primus/Frog Brigade new years shows since, including the Wonka show. Saw Bungle twice back in the day and caught their first album reunion show right before the covid lockdown. I've only ever known 2 other people who even knew about Peeping Tom.

I completely forgot about Nomeansno. We had 0+2=1 in heavy rotation back in the early 90's. I know what I'm listening to on my drive home today.

My additions to the thread would be Dog Fashion Disco and Circus of Dead Squirrels.

That's awesome! What a way to meet, she's a keeper!!

And yeah man 0+2=1 is criminally underrated, nomeansno does not get the recognition they deserve, love that album.

A bold plan drawn up by assholes to screw morons..

Loading Video...

NEWS AT 11!!!!

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 693 Posts

Slipknot.

I work out to that shit very happily.

My wife hates it.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24942 Posts

Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, some Linkin’ Park, and songs like:

We Don’t Die by Twiztid

Juggalo Chant by ICP (Although, I don’t listened to much of them or Twiztid)

Some Maroon 5 songs.

Come to mind. Mr. Bungle also has some great songs. They have the same vocalist as Faith No More.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SargentD
@nirgal said:

Slipknot.

I work out to that shit very happily.

My wife hates it.

New metal can be a polarizing genre for many, not quite mainstream enough to get mass appeal, but not quite traditional enough to pull in many die hard metal heads.

Personally I love nu metal, have no problem with it.

Was a bigger Korn fan than slipknot, but loved the Iowa album

Loading Video...

Edit: Slipknot should dedicate this song to Sony turning all of thier first party games into movie games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58395 Posts

Pretty much most of the music, with a handful of exceptions, I listened to during the 90's and early 00's.

I can still tolerate it due to that hit of nostalgia-dopamine I get when I hear the song, but at the same time the part of me that knows it is pure shit recognizes it might be annoying others lol.

I mean it's the stuff I'd be embarrassed to listen to, except in the company of other 90's kids; then we crank it up and have ourselves a dance party.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mrbojangles25

@sargentd: both Korn and Slipknot have pretty hallmark sounds. Say what you want about either band, but you definitely know it's them when you hear them, or someone trying to imitate them.

I actually listened to a Korn song the other day for the first time in what feels like years, it still holds up well imo. Their songs contain multitudes; you got the kind of creepy whisper singing, then the metal yelling, and then the animal guttural sounds. Plus their lyrics are still controversial to this day.

Yeah I still like Korn.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd: both Korn and Slipknot have pretty hallmark sounds. Say what you want about either band, but you definitely know it's them when you hear them, or someone trying to imitate them.

I actually listened to a Korn song the other day for the first time in what feels like years, it still holds up well imo. Their songs contain multitudes; you got the kind of creepy whisper singing, then the metal yelling, and then the animal guttural sounds. Plus their lyrics are still controversial to this day.

Yeah I still like Korn.

I'll stan for KoRn all day lol

Was one of those bands from my childhood and I still listen to it. Honestly they were wicked creative, between head and and his weird zombie guitar riffs, fieldy and his loose ass bass strings, and Jonathon Davis is just dynamic singer, goes from kill myself sad to confident aggression roars, not to mention his crazy ass scatting, throw in some bagpipes, and the fact they are one of the few metal bands to collab with hip hop artists(ice cube, nas). Super cool band. Just not the most accessible to a wide audiance, throw on ball tounge at a random/get together /party chances are somebody going to complain and want to change it lol

*first 5 albums are golden imo, after that it started to fall apart

Loading Video...
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArmoredCore55

@sargentd: That Slipknot song is awesome! I’ve grew up with it during my high school year. Love the Korn song, too. Can’t go wrong with their old stuff. They are like the first nu metal band. Also love stuff like Mudvayne(especially L.D. 50), Coal Chamber, Disturbed, Ded, Static-X, Drowning Pool(Sinner album), etc.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD

@ArmoredCore55: yeah man nu metal is good stuff, don't care if people hate on it!

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SargentD

Another one for this Thread

NITRO O.F.R

This guy hits a pitch that makes my cat go hide in the closet but I still love it

Loading Video...

Time stamp 0.40 sec

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SargentD
Loading Video...

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I started to get into music around the early 2000s, so my first exposure to Metallica was when they released St. Anger, so I've always been a bit fond of the titular song and Frantic and never really understood why so many people hated the album.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SargentD
@one_plum said:

@uninspiredcup: I started to get into music around the early 2000s, so my first exposure to Metallica was when they released St. Anger, so I've always been a bit fond of the titular song and Frantic and never really understood why so many people hated the album.

People hated it because Metallica used to be really really really Good in the beginning. One of the Four Horseman of Thrash Metal. They were talented and creative. What they played was musically impressive, from the song writing, to the playing talent, the progression, the effort. Metallica was a band that put out... not just good songs... but masterpieces.

To watch the guys who wrote suff like this

Loading Video...

Go to something so generic like this

Loading Video...

Was just depressing, heftfield yelling "you flush it out! You flush it out!!" It was just weak for the caliber of music people expect from a band like Metallica.

You can tell the effort was not there, this was also around when the band was fighting with each other and it shows, they seem burnt out. Truth be told St anger was not what I would call "bad". It was an average album. If it had been released by a new band, people wouldn't hate on it so much (or care about it at all). But because it was frigging Metallica people were pissed.

I actually like the opening riff to St anger.. then James starts singing and it feels like a bad incubus song. I hate it when he sings on this one, The effort is so low its embarrassing

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

@sargentd: Bit misleading though as every Metallica album has a few duds and at the time, James Hetfield was a mess, fucked up. They didn't stick to that style either. If anything with Death Magnetta reverted back. And then everyone complained again because "just doing old tunes!" lol

Thing as well, a lot of folk have a bias towards Metallica. The Napster drama, their constant changing of musical style. Their popularity, even their age. Any shit they can throw at them.

Even before St. Anger people were saying they sold out with Load and it was the worst thing ever.

Like, how the **** is this bad?

Loading Video...

Even that ^ Playing with a fucking San Francisco mixing it into some Wagner like epic. I like that throughout the years they haven't just stuck to a static thing.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArmoredCore55

@sargentd: It is! They have great unique bands. It’s also one of those genres that me into metal.

Big Truck is a great song. Also love songs like Loco, Shock The Monkey, Dark Days, Alienate Me, etc.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@ArmoredCore55 said:

@sargentd: It is! They have great unique bands. It’s also one of those genres that me into metal.

Big Truck is a great song. Also love songs like Loco, Shock The Monkey, Dark Days, Alienate Me, etc.

Metal version of Shock the monkey with Ozzy, what's not to love!!

I love the original too, but it was a pleasant surprise to have a band like coal chamber cover such an obscure hit!

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:

@sargentd: Bit misleading though as every Metallica album has a few duds and at the time, James Hetfield was a mess, fucked up. They didn't stick to that style either. If anything with Death Magnetta reverted back. And then everyone complained again because "just doing old tunes!" lol

Thing as well, a lot of folk have a bias towards Metallica. The Napster drama, their constant changing of musical style. Their popularity, even their age. Any shit they can throw at them.

Even before St. Anger people were saying they sold out with Load and it was the worst thing ever.

Like, how the **** is this bad?

Loading Video...

Even that ^ Playing with a fucking San Francisco mixing it into some Wagner like epic. I like that throughout the years they haven't just stuck to a static thing.

Load and reload not bad, just felt like Black Album DLC. I didn't have any issues with it. I'd say many fans were polorized by the black album in general, the thrashers were upset metallica went mainstream. Personally I give them massive credit for bringing metal to the widest possible audiance at that time.

Death Magnetic was better than St Anger imo, but by the time they released that lines were drawn in the sand by fans. When your a band that gets as big as Metallica there is bound to be contention. You got the die hards that were asking for kill em all on headbangers ball and also the people that realized they actually loved metal with the black album, massive reach to so many people. Going to have alot of fans in all different pockets. Nobody agrees.

And your right, you had all the other stuff like the Napster thing, and at that point people were calling them sellouts, play black album around most metal heads (the ones that only listen to metal) and they will scoff in disgust.

Which is stupid, it's a classic.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 513 Posts

Mostly my metal selections. People don't like to share sound space with others. Like, you can listen to their Taylor Swift pop music and country song #465 about corn fields for 6 days straight and I put on Some Slipknot or Dethklok for 2 minutes and I'm the devil lol.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ArmoredCore55

@sargentd: That version is awesome! I like how Ozzy is in there. So catchy, too.

Can’t go wrong with the originals.

I also do think Death Magnetic was a good Metallica album. It kinda went back to its roots. Still doesn’t beat their first 4 albums. Ride The Lighting is my favorite of theirs.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By br0kenrabbit

Can't believe I didn't mention Dead Moon before. I have a soft spot for low-production punk.

Loading Video...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DEVILinIRON

@br0kenrabbit said:

Can't believe I didn't mention Dead Moon before. I have a soft spot for low-production punk.

Loading Video...

It's OK! And not bad either. ;-) Thanks!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#43  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Bubblegum pop

Anime music

K-pop

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrbojangles25

@br0kenrabbit said:

haha me too. Not sure if it counts but I've been asked "WTF are you listening to?!" and it's usually punk.

Dicks Hate the Police

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Mt Goats - No Children

Voice is kind of annoying but honestly it's a very earnest voice at the same time, you just have to roll with it. And those lyrics.

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mrbojangles25

Oh and I kind of like listening to tribal or ancient music. There's a lot of good Tuareg music that's blues rock but also incorporates elements of the Tuareg culture which has a lot of wailing and shrieking lol.

There's also some great stuff coming out of Europe that sort of goes to their roots, like Germanic tribes and piecing together ancient languages. Heilung is a good example.

Also Mongolian throat singing is pretty cool.

I think people get annoyed because it's alien or very foreign and they can't understand it. I'm not saying I understand it and sometimes it is weird to me, but that's sort of the appeal 😊

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 br0kenrabbit

@mrbojangles25 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

haha me too. Not sure if it counts but I've been asked "WTF are you listening to?!" and it's usually punk.

Dicks Hate the Police

Mt Goats - No Children

Voice is kind of annoying but honestly it's a very earnest voice at the same time, you just have to roll with it. And those lyrics.

All good stuff, man. Good to see a fellow punk rocker in the wild!

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts
Loading Video...

Extended mix