Disney has announced four/five physical media releases (NA only so far) from streaming services (Hulu, Disney+)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

First Prey (prequel to Predator) from Hulu

Next, from Marvel and Lucasfilm respectively on Disney+:

Loki Season 1

Wandavision

And Star Wars: The Mandalorian S1 and S2 (the big ones for me)

Gonna have to pre-order Mandalorian, being so close to Christmas. But hey, despite announcing it after ending support in Australia (if I had friends in Australia to help support with it, I would), I'm glad Disney seems to be testing waters with it again after Paramount and Amazon taking physical media more seriously than they are.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

Nice seeing physical media is still being supported. Not everyone has Wi-Fi in order to stream their favorite shows.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@davillain said:

Nice seeing physical media is still being supported. Not everyone has Wi-Fi in order to stream their favorite shows.

Yup! What I was hoping Disney would do.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15949 Posts

I like the physical media more and used the PS5 media player for some 4K enhanced series. its honestly been a good ass media player to the point I considering buying the PS5 media remote. the PS5 also capable playing some stuff stored in the usb (but usually I directly put the usb to the TV to avoid waking the PS5)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

If I owned a home and had room to spare and actually amass a collection, I'd probably collect physical media for film and movies.

Would probably collect records, too. I like the way it sounds.

I'm happy for people that collect physical media, that they are getting these offerings. Especially the Mandalorian!

@davillain said:

I think that's the biggest problem here no one is really finding from this.

A shame consumer and streaming provider can't actually work together to pressure the government to develop infrastructure.

I've lived in some rural-but-not-that-rural areas and you can't even get broadband ten minutes outside of town. It's kind of rediculous how people a few blocks away are getting gigabit connections, but because I live "outside of _ " designation I don't get anything.

The only alternatives are satellite internet and, frankly, that's no alternative at all really due to the price and severe bandwidth limits.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15949 Posts

@mrbojangles25: where I live literally the whole town is covered with 5G network..... yet somehow specifically my row is not covered. Its infuriating and we actually filed complaints cause of the speed differences. When I step outside and goes a for a walk I am getting 1gbps connection but when I am at home its back to 4G ( its still fast but not 5G fast).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@mrbojangles25: where I live literally the whole town is covered with 5G network..... yet somehow specifically my row is not covered. Its infuriating and we actually filed complaints cause of the speed differences. When I step outside and goes a for a walk I am getting 1gbps connection but when I am at home its back to 4G ( its still fast but not 5G fast).

Yeah I don't want to come off as entitled or anything like that, I can just imagine people rolling their eyes "Oh poor baby doesn't have internet". But honestly at this point there's no excuse, especially when so many other nations have done internet infrastructure so much better than we have in the US.

Then again, our roads are crumbling and bridges rusting apart, so maybe I ask too much...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Nice of them to deliberately omit S3 so it acts as a advertisement to give them more money.

Anyways, most Disney stuff found just isn't very good. All care about is Tales Of The Jedi and Ahsoka, maybe a re-watch of Rebels. Otherwise ignore Disney+ now

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Seems odd they would leave off Mando season 3, given it was the best of the seasons. I guess they need a hook to get people to subscribe to D+.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

One day (hopefully a long time away) people will be wishing they collected more physical media.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts
@Solaryellow said:

One day (hopefully a long time away) people will be wishing they collected more physical media.

Streaming services are already editing stuff. This is also happening with games.

Remember even way back in 2012-2013 they changed the graphics for Shogun 2 total war, the version people play now is a gimped version of what it was at launch, forums (TotalWarNet) threw a shit fit.

More recently Skullgirls is an example, removing a bunch of content years after release or Onward, which completely downgraded its visuals for Quest.

Loading Video...
Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Physical media can't be edited or terminated which is why people need it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Good. I prefer physical media.