Do aliens from outer space exist?

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do aliens from outer space exist? (23 votes)

Yes, aliens from outer space exist. 61%
No, aliens from outer space do not exist. 13%
I'm not sure. Maybe. Maybe not. 26%

Hey, y'all. You may have seen my other thread, about the existence of God. Now, I would like to turn attention to the cosmos. Do aliens from outer space exist, or not? Or do you fall in the "maybe" category? By aliens, it can either mean intelligent life, at least on par with humans, or any other level of intelligence. Simply put: beings that did not originate on Earth.

Share your thoughts, if you want! And have a great day.

• 
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

I'm convinced that they do exist. I can't prove it, though. I have a hard time imagining that only one planet in one universe is capable of having intelligent life. The Book of Psalms says "The heavens declare the glory of God", that's talking about the sky and outer space. I believe that aliens exist for God's pleasure. He enjoys creating things and He has the power to create whatever He wants.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Very unlikely to exist at the same time relative to us. We are also limited by the event horizon caused by the expansion of the universe, which means we can never have access to most of the information that exists (and because of the expansion of the universe, we experience a negative rate of observable information).

So while I think life elsewhere in the universe is a statistically certainty, I do not think we will ever encounter it or any signs of it given the current knowledge and technology we possess.

Just like with your other thread about god, I think it's more worthwhile to explore all other possible explanations for observable phenomena before we conclude it's aliens. It's probably not aliens.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

Aliens that have human features like legs and hands and torsos and brains in their heads with eyes and mouths and fingers and language and general features that you would associate with life on Earth? That would be incredibly coincidental.

But microbial life in another planet? Very likely, but not proven yet.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Willy105: I don't even know if that's likely. As far as I know, we haven't witnessed abiogenesis and don't know what the odds are of it occurring.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

Most likely they are legit real. You can do the research and you will be convinced they are real. Problem is we haven't seen an alive alien broadcast on the news.

There are a lot of sources about mummified aliens, alien abduction, alien chambers, Area 51 and UFOs, which does make the whole alien existence real.

I'm also convinced there is life on another planet in the universe.

Anyone who thinks aliens are a myth or not real, go make a sandwich and do some research.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl

@omegamaster: I made a sandwich but experienced no epiphanies. What information do you want us to see?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

Given the scope of the universe. It is extremely likely there is extraterrestrial life out there, somewhere. Life organically formulates due to the laws of chemistry. And it is not that much of a far fetch to say that out there there might be life. Probably something very simple, like single celled organisms.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I mean if human life can exist, then yes, life elsewhere can exist. There is precedent.

Assuming what we know about the universe is true, then I think it's all but assured that alien life exists. It's just a matter of odds.

Of course there is a slim chance that Earth is the only planet the has the right conditions for life in the entire universe, but I find that less likely than the odds there is alien life.

It's funny because the more I learn about Earth's place in the universe--how we have just the right magnetosphere, just the right distance from the sun, we are sheltered from asteroids by the other planets in the solar system, we exist in the Oort Cloud that shelters us from observation (if anyone is looking)--the more I think we won't actually find anything.

So yes, I think alien life does exist...I just don't think we will ever know about it, so we should probably live our lives like they don't

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl

@Maroxad: The hand waving of what chemical laws and interactions cause it has always bugged me, though. We don't know what the odds and conditions required for abiogenesis are, and the limited information we have seems to (weekly) point to it being a rare event. So far we're looking at a likely single instance across the solar system (no evidence of life on other observable planets) and across Earth's history (Common Origin Theory).

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: The hand waving of what chemical laws and interactions cause it has always bugged me, though. We don't know what the odds and conditions required for abiogenesis are, and the limited information we have seems to (weekly) point to it being a rare event. So far we're looking at a likely single instance across the solar system (no evidence of life on other observable planets) and across Earth's history (Common Origin Theory).

It's a good argument. At the same time, we only have visibility into a tiny portion of our universe. I suppose by definition it would be rare to come across any phenomenon which is truly isolated. Still, looking at the frequency of convergent evolutionary traits, given similar conditions, the universe does seem to like arriving at the same results over and over.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3435 Posts

I don't know, the probability is that there's some form of life out there. But who knows, earth might be an impossibility, or might be where everything starts.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@omegamaster: I made a sandwich but experienced no epiphanies. What information do you want us to see?

There's a lot of sources if you google mummified aliens, alien abduction, alien chambers, Area 51 or UFOs. Documentaries are good too!

Don't tell me you 100% don't believe aliens exist in this planet or universe. Sure, it's remains unknown, but dozens of sources make it look convincing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

Yes, Mark Cerny is an alien from outer space. He has gifted humanity with the alien SSD tech in the PS5 that is so advanced, normal humans can't fully comprehend the power it has. Sony may never need to make another console again. It is that powerful.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59068 Posts

I think that they do. And I hope they look like Hera Syndulla or Samara blue chick.

If it's bacteria or jelly fish or whatever who cares. Been to the moon and mars and it's just boring. Not worth the the money. Rocks. Dried out rivers. Zzz

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Yes, it's where we get all this technology from.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2144 Posts

Yes, but it's irrelevant because FTL and even slow interstellar travel exist only in sci-fi. IRL all civilizations are doomed to start and end in their local systems.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

@rmpumper said:

Yes, but it's irrelevant because FTL and even slow interstellar travel exist only in sci-fi. IRL all civilizations are doomed to start and end in their local systems.

Loading Video...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

I don't know, but it'd sure be interesting if they did.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

It's extremely more likely that aliens exist than a god.

Space is too large for more life to not exist.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

I find this an interesting question, because I pose it to people in my life who are atheist. They say they don't believe in God because there is no evidence, but believe in aliens despite there being no evidence. The "evidence" they point to is that there are so many planets that there has to be life, but the Theist points to the same thing and says there's a Creator. "All of creation declares His existence so they are without excuse." Romans. Also, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God." Psalms.

As for if I believe in aliens, my stance on that is that it's not important. If God does exist, it's more important for me to get right with this God, and to make sure I'm following the True God, if there is one. I'm going to die one day, so the existence of alien life really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. :)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Probably, it's highly unlikely any have ever visited earth though